ADVERTISEMENT

Things I think I think about WVU football and Neal Brown

WVUMPA98

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2021
Our defense is so bad and has been so bad Neal went to a power offense "to help sustain drives" and do something a little different in our league ..... that only works until it doesn't. It almost seems as if he restrains us in play calling at times....

I do like the idea of "being a little different" in our league on offense or defense.... but he really isn't that different and his restraint in calling plays might be the issue. We look so much better in 2 minute for example.

Speaking of restraining --- Neal overanalyzes everything.... I know they believe in analytics but it has become paralysis by analysis and its plainly obvious...

Neal (and apparently Spouse) think some of our issues are WV owned (inability to recruit I presume --- funding levels etc). I'd say maybe some half truth in that -- even Don Nehlen used to tell the story about flying over Ohio and seeing roof tops and flying over WV and seeing trees (less roof tops less kids). That said recruiting is better than some of the jokers we have lost too. Recruiting for Neal has been maybe a notch up from other Coaches who have won here and he isn't winning.... He hasn't show the ability to overcome those challenges....

Player regression is a real problem under Neal.....

He has been lucky our fans like to party in the stadium lots ---- if both those last 2 games are Noon kicks I suspect you are looking at attendance of 35-40k..... Certainly for UCF when the students are gone.

His time has come and gone. We will need patience though cause I suspect given portal realities we lose a lot of guys (and were going to even if he stayed with graduations). Next year likely to be a struggle....

Reactions: jerzac and BigC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.