ADVERTISEMENT

There is some Texas in West Virginia

CoolHandLuke2005

Sophomore
Oct 14, 2017
Texas, West Virginia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas,_West_Virginia

The last public hanging in West Virginia was held in Jackson County in December 1897.

Very Texan of them.

In May 1860, the first well in the state for producing crude oil was drilled at Burning Springs.

Texas is not the only state with oil money

West Virginia University was established on February 7, 1867 under the name of "Agricultural College of West Virginia."

I won't hold this against you that you were once Aggies just as long as you don't dress as soldiers and build faulty structures

Mary Lou Retton, Olympic gold metalist, is a Texas ex who was born in West Virginia and is married to former UT QB Shannon Kelly

West Virginia is 1/10 of the size of Texas with 1/14 of the population. You could put the entire state in the Texas Panhandle and have room left over.

Without the people of West Virginia this panting would have not returned home
http://artandseek.org/2010/10/28/historic-texas-painting-found-in-west-virginia-attic/

More importantly a lot of the original settlers in Texas can trace their roots back to Virginia and some even West Virginia.
A lot of the defenders of the Alamo were former residents of the Shenandoah Valley so quite possibly they were West Virginians.

texas-flag-lonestar-state-usa.jpg
1200px-Texas_Longhorns_logo.svg.png

60-100-10279-2.jpg
west-virginia-mountaineers.png

Last edited:
Texas, West Virginia

The last public hanging in West Virginia was held in Jackson County in December 1897.

Very Texan of them.

In May 1860, the first well in the state for producing crude oil was drilled at Burning Springs.

West Virginia University was established on February 7, 1867 under the name of "Agricultural College of West Virginia."

I won't hold this against you that you were once Aggies just as long as you don't dress as soldiers and build faulty structures

Mary Lou Retton, Olympic gold metalist, is a Texas ex who was born in West Virginia and is married to former UT QB Shannon Kelly

West Virginia is 1/10 of the size of Texas with 1/14 of the population. You could put the entire state in the Texas Panhandle and have room left over.

http://artandseek.org/2010/10/28/historic-texas-painting-found-in-west-virginia-attic/

More importantly a lot of the original settlers in Texas can trace their roots back to Virginia and some even West Virginia.
A lot of the defenders of the Alamo were former residents of the Shenandoah Valley so quite possibly they were West Virginians.

60-100-10279-2.jpg

Fvck not you again! Dude I know a ton of cool people from Texas. Then the biggest jerkkoff shows up on this site. Man you’re a loser!

So make sure you come back on Saturday after after WVU boat races your school band geek.

I expect better from you.
You still swinging both ways in the Backyard Brawl and life......

It’s obvious you’re just a kid. Let’s focus on your 5-5 Texas squad. I’m confident you were the little annoying brother that got abused as a kid. I’m even more confident you’ve never played a down of football. It a weird sense I have and you come off as the rabid section 201 geek fan that wears a Blue Man outfit. Except in your case you dress up in orange. Now those are three very specific insights that I feel. Be honest! Am I correct about all three?

Off to bed. I’ll check back online in the morning. Sleep warmly son.

It’s obvious you’re just a kid. Let’s focus on your 5-5 Texas squad. I’m confident you were the little annoying brother that got abused as a kid. I’m even more confident you’ve never played a down of football. It a weird sense I have and you come off as the rabid section 201 geek fan that wears a Blue Man outfit. Except in your case you dress up in orange. Now those are three very specific insights that I feel. Be honest! Am I correct about all three?

Off to bed. I’ll check back online in the morning. Sleep warmly son.

Hold on tight to the rod next time, Greg

good-rod.gif

Do you know that West Virginia beat Texas is 2 of their worst eight seasons on record.
A 7 loss season at Texas is unheard of. Only have had eight in history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_Longhorns_football_seasons

So West Virginia is really 1-2 in normal years that happen 96% of the time and 2-0 on seasons that happen 4%.

You put this in comparison this would be like Texas bragging about beating a 9 loss West Virginia team.

From what I have seen if West Virginia stays in the conference for a 20 year period they will win 4-7 games
They will be 1-9 in Austin
Anywhere from 3-7 to 6-4 at home. Most likely 4-6 if they are lucky.
Nothing against West Virginia but it seems to me they are a slightly tougher version of Tech

That is not in disrespect because between 2000-2009 Tech was a tough team and Lubbock was a hellhole.

There will be seasons that West Virginia will win 10 games and finish in third or fourth place.
That is what this conference is heading to with 5 great teams with West Virginia included. The 5 teams being UT, OU, WVU, TCU and Okie Lite

Last edited:
Texas, West Virginia

Very Texan of them.

60-100-10279-2.jpg
I saw Mary Lou Retton perform at halftime of a wVU basketball game in the late 70's. She is not an Ex Texas, she is a Mountaineer!

Do you know that West Virginia beat Texas is 2 of their worst eight seasons on record.
A 7 loss season at Texas is unheard of. Only have had eight in history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_Longhorns_football_seasons

So West Virginia is really 1-2 in normal years that happen 96% of the time and 2-0 on seasons that happen 4%.

You put this in comparison this would be like Texas bragging about beating a 9 loss West Virginia team.

From what I have seen if West Virginia stays in the conference for a 20 year period they will win 4-7 games
They will be 1-9 in Austin
Anywhere from 3-7 to 6-4 at home. Most likely 4-6 if they are lucky.
Nothing against West Virginia but it seems to me they are a slightly tougher version of Tech

That is not in disrespect because between 2000-2009 Tech was a tough team and Lubbock was a hellhole.

There will be seasons that West Virginia will win 10 games and finish in third or fourth place.
That is what this conference is heading to with 5 great teams with West Virginia included. The 5 teams being UT, OU, WVU, TCU and Okie Lite

Hey Texas HB loser no one here cares about you or Texas football history. We better than you. Suck on that!

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I hope all of you bUTtheads show up back here Saturday evening, say around 3:30 or 4:00. By that time there will be plenty of "burnt orange."

I hope all of you bUTtheads show up back here Saturday evening, say around 3:30 or 4:00. By that time there will be plenty of "burnt orange."

I do not think that will be a problem.
Don't worry you West Virginia boys will be eating brisket, talking about Red dirt Country music and will be fixin to be fixin something real soon.

Remember drop the g's and no beans in the chili.

Last edited:
Ray Wylie Hubbard is one of my favorites. I have seen him many times and in fact go to see his shew any time he is within driving distance. Snake Farm......it just sounds nasty. Pretty much is! Warez

Larry Groce who host and directs Mountain Stage on West Virginia public radio is from Dallas and actually went to High School with Ray Wylie Hubbard.

I guess he has promoted a lot of Texas music up there in West Virginia. Both states have a strong tradition in music.

Larry Groce who host and directs Mountain Stage on West Virginia public radio is from Dallas and actually went to High School with Ray Wylie Hubbard.

I guess he has promoted a lot of Texas music up there in West Virginia. Both states have a strong tradition in music.

Texas has so many great singer songerwriters that it staggers the mind. I can think of a few like Joe Ely, Robert Earl Keen, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Butch Hancock, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Hayes Carll, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, James McMurtry, Brian Burns (The Crash at Crush), Slaid Cleaves, Jimmy LaFave, Kevin Fowler, Johnny Gimble, Delbert McClinton, Bruce and Charley Robison, Ed Burlson, Johnny Bush, Radney Foster, Billie Joe Shaver................etc. These folks are still touring and singing along with countless other great Texas singer songwriters. Doug Sahm and Guy Clark were among my favorites but of course, they are no longer with us. Warez

Texas has so many great singer songerwriters that it staggers the mind. I can think of a few like Joe Ely, Robert Earl Keen, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Butch Hancock, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Hayes Carll, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, James McMurtry, Brian Burns (The Crash at Crush), Slaid Cleaves, Jimmy LaFave, Kevin Fowler, Johnny Gimble, Delbert McClinton, Bruce and Charley Robison, Ed Burlson, Johnny Bush, Radney Foster, Billie Joe Shaver................etc. These folks are still touring and singing along with countless other great Texas singer songwriters. Doug Sahm and Guy Clark were among my favorites but of course, they are no longer with us. Warez

That is why Ray Wylie Hubbard's song "Screw you, We're from Texas", is such a classic because idiots who run around trying to represent Texas are not Texas. Texas is very good at three things: Athletics, Music and Food. A lot of people feel that is how the state should be represented instead of some guy from CT. wearing a Cowboy hat and the State flag creating a caricature of Texas.

That is why Ray Wylie Hubbard's song "Screw you, We're from Texas", is such a classic because idiots who run around trying to represent Texas are not Texas. Texas is very good at three things: Athletics, Music and Food. A lot of people feel that is how the state should be represented instead of some guy from CT. wearing a Cowboy hat and the State flag creating a caricature of Texas.

Texas folks are Texas proud. More states should be like this! Warez

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT