ADVERTISEMENT

The theme for the rest of the season will be…

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
What adjustments will Dana make now that teams have figured out our route trees. Unfortunately, I’m guessing that he hasn’t made any fundamental changes in our routes
since he’s come here. In the next week and a half he will have either earned his paycheck or he will stamp his ticket out of here.

I don't think he's capable of making the changes (fire Jake and Wickline now) that need to be made. AND they need to be announced. Texas beat OU and DC is gone over
that weekend. The way Iowa State handled our "O" both those guys should be shown the door now period the end.

I can’t argue Keeping Jake.

For one, we need to establish the run. That's a must. Sometimes you just have to have the toughness necessary to whip someone's ass on 3rd and 1 or 2 to get that first down. Instead, we pull offside guard and tackle and make the play slow developing enough that all 11 defenders can get to the ball.

To go along with that, run the ball to the field. A simple little toss will do. Especially against a 5 or 6 man box. Better yet, go back to the old diamond formation and run some simple cross bucks, powers, leads, isos and sweeps out of it. If the line can't block, maybe the backs can. Take the line out of it.

That'll put Simms, Sills, and/or Jennings in a lot of single coverage situations. If they are as good as advertised, they should win a majority of these.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT