ADVERTISEMENT

The Tecumseh Curse continues

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Maybe the coolest thing I ever remember during my college years decades ago was my Appalachia History professor talking about the "Curse of Tecumseh". Now, I don't believe in curses at all, or the supernatural, but this still to this day amazes me. For those that may not know, the story goes that after the Battle of Tippecanoe, a curse by Tecumseh and his brother was placed on the "Great Chief of the Americas" (POTUS). And in the years divisible by 20, it seems to have been the case.

1820: The road to the Civil War begins with the Missouri Compromise, as the American president and Congress begin "compromising" on slavery instead of dealing with it. This will lead to the spread of slavery, division in politics, and the Civil War.

1840: William Henry Harrison is elected POTUS, and dies quickly.

1860: Lincoln is elected, the Civil War begins, and Lincoln is eventually assassinated.

1880: James Garfield is elected POTUS and is assassinated.

1900: William McKinley becomes president. The United States begins its overseas expansion and involvement in foreign affairs. McKinley is assassinated.

1920: Warren Harding is elected president. The United States begins a "boom" economic time, but it was superficial and would ultimately lead to the Great Depression. Harding dies in office.

1940: FDR is elected president. American becomes involved in WWII. The atomic bomb starts the age of nuclear warfare. FDR dies in office.

1960: JFK is elected president. The scariest times of the Cold War erupt with Berlin and Cuba. JFK is assassinated.

1980: Reagan is elected president. He is shot in an attempted assassinated, but survives. Some said that this "broke" the curse, but it didn't.

2000: Bush is elected president in a disputed election. Further division between the political parties. America is attacked on 9/11, leading to an over decade long war overseas that becomes very controversial, and leads to even more division.

2020: Biden is elected president. We have COVID and lockdowns. Former President Trump is almost assassinated, and Biden leaves the presidential race after the primaries. The political situation in America is further divided.

So, I can't wait for 2040!!!!!!!!

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Maybe the coolest thing I ever remember during my college years decades ago was my Appalachia History professor talking about the "Curse of Tecumseh". Now, I don't believe in curses at all, or the supernatural, but this still to this day amazes me. For those that may not know, the story goes that after the Battle of Tippecanoe, a curse by Tecumseh and his brother was placed on the "Great Chief of the Americas" (POTUS). And in the years divisible by 20, it seems to have been the case.

1820: The road to the Civil War begins with the Missouri Compromise, as the American president and Congress begin "compromising" on slavery instead of dealing with it. This will lead to the spread of slavery, division in politics, and the Civil War.

1860: Lincoln is elected, the Civil War begins, and Lincoln is eventually assassinated.

1900: William McKinley becomes president. The United States begins its overseas expansion and involvement in foreign affairs. McKinley is assassinated.

1920: Warren Harding is elected president. The United States begins a "boom" economic time, but it was superficial and would ultimately lead to the Great Depression. Harding dies in office.

1940: FDR is elected president. American becomes involved in WWII. The atomic bomb starts the age of nuclear warfare. FDR dies in office.

1960: JFK is elected president. The scariest times of the Cold War erupt with Berlin and Cuba. JFK is assassinated.

1980: Reagan is elected president. He is shot in an attempted assassinated, but survives. Some said that this "broke" the curse, but it didn't.

2000: Bush is elected president in a disputed election. Further division between the political parties. America is attacked on 9/11, leading to an over decade long war overseas that becomes very controversial, and leads to even more division.

2020: Biden is elected president. We have COVID and lockdowns. Former President Trump is almost assassinated, and Biden leaves the presidential race after the primaries. The political situation in America is further divided.

Wow, I wasn’t familiar with that. Thanks for posting. Kind of cool in a disturbing sort of way.

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed that on lunch break.

It's kinda cool on one hand but on the other hand in 2000 and so far 2020 the president elected was not assassinated or attempted and so far didn't die in office plus the bad things seem subjective compared to the other presidents.

It's kinda cool on one hand but on the other hand in 2000 and so far 2020 the president elected was not assassinated or attempted and so far didn't die in office plus the bad things seem subjective compared to the other presidents.
Yeah, the original author had to pull a MSM and make up the 2000 and 2020 to fit the narrative. 9/11 occurred in 2001 and the invasion began shortly thereafter. Not sure what that or Covid have to do with that savage cursing the POTUS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT