ADVERTISEMENT

The second season has begun...

17 plus

Redshirting
Jul 31, 2001
We have had several days of catharsis...very poor showing in October...but now 5 games, 3 at home...all winnable...we can discuss coaching changes ad nauseum at the end of the season...time to rally the troops...get healthy...and salvage the season...if you are disappointed...imagine the feeling amongst the team and coaches...I'll be there on Saturday...Let's Goooo Mountaineers!

I'll be there, but I'm not going to lie. If we lose, I'll probably give away my tickets for the last 2. I used to be a diehard, all the home games and bowls and a good number of road trips.

Partly, it may be age but, this regime has thrown a wet blanket on my enthusiasm.

I'll be there, but I'm not going to lie. If we lose, I'll probably give away my tickets for the last 2. I used to be a diehard, all the home games and bowls and a good number of road trips.

Partly, it may be age but, this regime has thrown a wet blanket on my enthusiasm.

Well, you did say you probably would give the tickets away. If you are sure you will give them away I can provide you with a mailing address for ole Warez!

All five remaining games are winnable yes but it won't happen. Kansas is probably the easiest game on the schedule but its on the road and we got stomped the last time we went there by a coach who has since been fired. If we where well coached we would have won at least 1 of the last 4 games. Only Oklahoma has consistently out recruited us since we have been members of the Big 12

The way I see it is Holgorsen has to go 4-1 to save his job. Even a 3-2 finish is not good enough, considering who we have remaining. Now, if we lost to Kansas or Iowa State, he should be fired as he is walking off the field. Seriously. I mean that. It may be OK for some on here to be content with being at Iowa State or KU's level on the football field, but I do not accept that and I don't think Lyons will either.

The way I see it is Holgorsen has to go 4-1 to save his job. Even a 3-2 finish is not good enough, considering who we have remaining. Now, if we lost to Kansas or Iowa State, he should be fired as he is walking off the field. Seriously. I mean that. It may be OK for some on here to be content with being at Iowa State or KU's level on the football field, but I do not accept that and I don't think Lyons will either.

Even going 4-1 in the last 5 would result in another 7-5 season which would be no improvement from year 4 to 5. I don't see what justification there would be to keep him other than the financials of not wanting to spend the money to go in another direction. The situation will never be any better than it is now as long as he is here

Agreed on the Kansas and Iowa St games. If Holgorsen can't sweep those, hit the bricks.

If he loses both of the back-to-back home games against Texas Tech and Texas, he needs to kick rocks as well.

Kansas will beat WVU. Deja Vu of 2013. They will be carrying out the goal posts.

Have they won a conference game since they beat us? They are due for a win and unfortunately, I think WVU will be that opportunity for them especially if WVU loses to Tech next week and the losing streak increases to 5 games.

Dana will win our Bowl game and the trolls and low information fans will eat crow again (not that it matters on this free board).

WVU's conference opponents are now 30-1. The Big 12 could have 3 teams in the Top 10 ( Baylor, OSU, TCU) with Oklahoma knocking on the door and we have played all 4 teams.

Marshall's conference opponents are 6-21 with 3 out of 4 teams have losing records. See the difference yet?

Your absolutely right OP.

8-4 is a success in the BigTen, SEC and the Big12.

Way to early to declare this season a failure. WVU was not a high pick for anybody and any WVU fan that actually knows football was aware WVU would have some questions coming in.

I would take 8-4 regular season 9-4 post season any time WVU goes up against a schedule like this.

so it is good in your eyes to lose at least one game left on our schedule when no one left had a winning record outside of maybe Texas Tech and I'm assuming that is the loss you are already accepting!!!!

Me too.

so it is good in your eyes to lose at least one game left on our schedule when no one left had a winning record outside of maybe Texas Tech and I'm assuming that is the loss you are already accepting!!!!

I'm confused. At no time did I say I want or expect us to lose a game. I simply stated what I feel it would take for him to keep his job. I don't expect, or accept, any loss. Sorry. I have high expectations of this program. We were on the cusp just a few years ago and now are insignificant.

It would not be a surprise if West Virginia is the betting favorite in its next five games.

I'm confused. At no time did I say I want or expect us to lose a game. I simply stated what I feel it would take for him to keep his job. I don't expect, or accept, any loss. Sorry. I have high expectations of this program. We were on the cusp just a few years ago and now are insignificant.
sorry....I'm just trying to find an acceptable loss remaining on our schedule.......I don't see one but I don't find any loss acceptable....moral victories are for losers

Tech scored 53 yesterday to Oklahoma State. Can Skyler Howard and Dana score 50? Will have to score lot of points to beat Tech. Sure, their defense sucks but our offense is as bad. Will be a very tough game.

Dana needs to win most of the remaining 5 games to keep his job. I mean, if you can't do that against Texas Tech, Texas, Kansas, Iowa State and Kansas State, then join the AAC and maybe you can finish in the middle of the pack.

M ighty defense throttled Georgia Southern, 44-0

O utstanding defense obliterated Liberty, 41-17

U nilaterally decimated Maryland, 45-6, on defense and offense

N oxious offense & special teams against Oklahoma, 44-24

T urnovers lose to Oklahoma State, 33-26 in OT despite impressive comeback from 15-point deficit.

A wesome Baylor too much, 62-38.

I ncinerated by TCU, 40-10. Way too many mistakes, penalties, dropped passes.

N ip Texas Tech

E scape Texas

E rectile dysfunction Kansas

R oll past Iowa State

S lip past Kansas State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT