ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM The potential return of football would be boon in multiple areas

[roll]

Rootcanal....

There hasn't been a thing that changed about CFB.
ESPN and others are just capitalizing off the passion of college football. People have a sense of connection to their university or their state.

More than that CFB has been a televised event for over 50 years.
This isn't anything new.

Regarding CFB being an apprenticeship to the NFL...
It is. Why do you think the players play
So they can become a professional.

There is a sense of educating young athletes. Not just in football but in life.

Just like someone who attends WVU to become an engineer

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
These sports are big in major cities but probably more crucial for smaller cities like Morgantown for example. Economically these smaller cities can’t make up that lost revenue that these sports provide.

This is Vernons thread and the troll^^^^^^out to ruin another thread. You and your handles should be banned.

[roll]

Rootcanal....

There hasn't been a thing that changed about CFB.
ESPN and others are just capitalizing off the passion of college football. People have a sense of connection to their university or their state.

More than that CFB has been a televised event for over 50 years.
This isn't anything new.

Regarding CFB being an apprenticeship to the NFL...
It is. Why do you think the players play
So they can become a professional.

There is a sense of educating young athletes. Not just in football but in life.

Just like someone who attends WVU to become an engineer

Make them have the same qualifications as every other student...they should be able to hold their own in a classroom.

Someone who attends WVU to be an engineer takes real classes....no fake classes, no fake majors.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Make them have the same qualifications as every other student...they should be able to hold their own in a classroom.

Someone who attends WVU to be an engineer takes real classes....no fake classes, no fake majors.

Those fake classes make up a huge percentage of the graduating class every year
They aren't just there for athletes.

College students who want a degree in one of the Humanities really doesn't have much to do with football

Darth, agree with you 100%. However, the view you and I share could be construed by others as being "racist".

The problem is, they are being held to the same standards. The bar has just been significantly lowered. Now, every school has that major or majors that anyone with half a brain can pass. At WVU, that is athletic coaching education whereby students must grapple with such quandaries as being able to answer how long a football field is, how many points is a touchdown worth, and, for the final, how to construct a game that involves a large parachute. At other schools, it may be Travel Industry Management or some such.

The schools have to do this. This just doesn't apply to athletes. Kids today can't form a basic sentence that is grammatically correct. You can forget about constructing a paragraph. All they know how to do is copy and paste other people's pre-thought thoughts. They lack imagination and initiative.

Raising the bar for everyone would negate college football as we know it. Heck, it would negate the number of colleges as we know it. They'd likely go out of business for lack of supply.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Those fake classes make up a huge percentage of the graduating class every year
They aren't just there for athletes.

College students who want a degree in one of the Humanities really doesn't have much to do with football

Wrong...

Don't even try to lump athletes into humanity majors. Humanity majors take real college courses, not fake classes.

Wrong...

Don't even try to lump athletes into humanity majors. Humanity majors take real college courses, not fake classes.

Please inform me of these fake classes that football players are taking.

Majority of them are majoring in social sciences and humanities.

I think you have an issue with certain majors. Ultimately you have a lot of students at universities across the country who are doing this. Not just football players or college athletes

Darth, agree with you 100%. However, the view you and I share could be construed by others as being "racist".

The problem is, they are being held to the same standards. The bar has just been significantly lowered. Now, every school has that major or majors that anyone with half a brain can pass. At WVU, that is athletic coaching education whereby students must grapple with such quandaries as being able to answer how long a football field is, how many points is a touchdown worth, and, for the final, how to construct a game that involves a large parachute. At other schools, it may be Travel Industry Management or some such.

The schools have to do this. This just doesn't apply to athletes. Kids today can't form a basic sentence that is grammatically correct. You can forget about constructing a paragraph. All they know how to do is copy and paste other people's pre-thought thoughts. They lack imagination and initiative.

Raising the bar for everyone would negate college football as we know it. Heck, it would negate the number of colleges as we know it. They'd likely go out of business for lack of supply.

Yes.

If we didnt dumb down entrance requirements for athletes and let them take fake courses that are impossible to fail, then college football would collapse...I wont deny that.

Please inform me of these fake classes that football players are taking.

Majority of them are majoring in social sciences and humanities.

Where is a list of their majors?

And how many of them actually graduate in those majors from WVU?

You are just a jock-sniffer. Dont sell me your bullshit, I'm not buying.

Sadly, it just isn't athletes to which this applies.

Roughly 60% of ALL incoming freshmen require a remedial class of some type. The bar has been lowered for years, and keeps being lowered, in order just to stay in business.

Sadly, it just isn't athletes to which this applies.

Roughly 60% of ALL incoming freshmen require a remedial class of some type. The bar has been lowered for years, and keeps being lowered, in order just to stay in business.

Yeah well it is a lot worse for athletes.

Its all astro-turf.

I am in the belief that a college degree is only worth what you make out of it.

Doesn't matter what major it is you have to imply what you learn to life.

No matter what it is in.

Bring in athletes who dont belong in school, give them fake courses...then watch them drop out, transfer, ect.

....then find the few that do well and market the hell out of them.

Bring in athletes who dont belong in school, give them fake courses...then watch them drop out, transfer, ect.

....then find the few that do well and market the hell out of them.

So college athletics do help...

Give some who want to use it the chance to earn an education.
Thanks for playing.
You proved why college athletics is important

No...it is a fraud.

It just happens to be a fraud you find acceptable.

We can argue about this all day...

You have already said college athletics give people a chance to attend school.

So therefore it gives people the chance to improve their life.
It is on them. You can blow it off and not take it seriously or you can make the most of it.

We can argue about this all day...

You have already said college athletics give people a chance to attend school.

So therefore it gives people the chance to improve their life.
It is on them. You can blow it off and not take it seriously or you can make the most of it.

That seems like a rationalization that could only be made from a top (bottom) level jock-sniffer.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
That seems like a rationalization that could only be made from a top (bottom) level jock-sniffer.

If I am poor and come from a horrible school...

College athletics is one of the easiest ways to get myself out of that.

We can argue all day about the importance of sports but you cannot act like it doesn't give someone the chance to improve their life.

You really think that door should be closed.
Like I have said before...
Some schools won't take students from certain schools even if they graduated #1 in their class.

Just idiotic...
Not understanding how College athletics has changed people's lives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT