ADVERTISEMENT

The more I watch the Kansas State replay

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
the more grateful I am that Tony Gibson returned to WVU as defensive coordinator.

All the chances that Kansas State got, courtesy of WVU's offense and special teams, would have meant 40 points off any other defense.

Kansas State had 3 yards to go for a TD on one possession, and had to settle for a field goal.
Again and again, the Wildcats had good position to start a drive.
Again and again, Gibson's Heroes refused to give up TDs or points.
Incredible.

Now, if Grier and friends can be as good as they are when they are very good, without being like the little girl with a curl on her forehead (who was horrid), and the defense can keep doing what it has been doing, WVU can win out.

We may not make the Big 12 title game (too many freaking things need to happen), but this defense with Grier, Sills and friends on offense, IF both play their "A" games, can beat any team.

I'll be in Mountaineer Field on Saturday for the Texas game, of course. Because I'm not dead yet.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 24-31

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36

N oxious offense deadly vs. Oklahoma State, 39-50

E arly lead behind offense, defense; survived Iowa State, 20-16

E ers defense, then offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Hmmm... ..how many times do you watch games?

Channel-surfing I always stop and lock in on My Cousin Vinny and The Shawshank Redemption. So much so...I annoy myself.

After 2 decades as a paid professional sportswriter, It is tough to kick the habit. Particularly when I see so many uninformed posts on sports forums.

I can't stand stupidity.

Probably because it doesn't run in our family anywhere.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 24-31

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36

N oxious offense deadly vs. Oklahoma State, 39-50

E arly lead behind offense, defense; survived Iowa State, 20-16

E xcellent defense, then offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Last edited:
Hmmm... ..how many times do you watch games?

Channel-surfing I always stop and lock in on My Cousin Vinny and The Shawshank Redemption. So much so...I annoy myself.
You are not the only person you annoy![winking]

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
She's here but she's busy right now.:pimp:

...I sometimes smile but rarely actually laugh (although I have a weak spot for America’s Funniest Videos) but you just pulled it off....

Anyway...tell her the basement is a bit cold and me needing to microwave my own dinner is BS.

...I sometimes smile but rarely actually laugh (although I have a weak spot for America’s Funniest Videos) but you just pulled it off....

Anyway...tell her the basement is a bit cold and me needing to microwave my own dinner is BS.
My teenage kids watch that same show. My oldest son is 44, first marriage and Bobby and Ann Bowden took care of him in the nursery at our church in Motown, and my daughter is now 16, second marriage. Glad you laughed. I hesitated doing that. I thought @Vernon would ban me.

Reactions: Vernon
Can’t help but laugh at how the OP goes so far out of his way to never give Dana Holgorsen the respect he deserves....

With accusations like:

“All the chances that Kansas State got, courtesy of WVU's offense and special teams, would have meant 40 points off any other defense“

If WVU wins.... its ‘WV’s own Gibson saves the day again!”

If WVU loses regardless of how many points the defense allowed, it’s “inept offense and special teams again!”

I mean that stupid acrostic is basically a Tony Gibson apology tour......

Can’t help but laugh at how the OP goes so far out of his way to never give Dana Holgorsen the respect he deserves....

With accusations like:

“All the chances that Kansas State got, courtesy of WVU's offense and special teams, would have meant 40 points off any other defense“
You conveniently ignore all the bragging I've done about Grier, Sills, Simms, White. Whatever suits your slated purposes, go for it.

Tony Gibson is doing a remarkable job this year. You dispute that?

You conveniently ignore all the bragging I've done about Grier, Sills, Simms, White. Whatever suits your slated purposes, go for it.

Tony Gibson is doing a remarkable job this year. You dispute that?

Yes I do. He is an average DC as shown by our annual average ratings in defensive stats...

He’s solid and our defense did a really good join against ISU at the end. But KSU has no offense..... It doesn’t take a defensive genius to stop a freshman QB and no running game

KSU averages 25 points a game but loaded that averaged by putting 110 points up combined against Central Arkansas and UNC Charlotte

Our defense in comparison gives up nearly 30pts a game (81st)...... 102nd in total yards allowed.... 49th in defense efficiency

95th in the country in run defense.... yikes

Boss, that’s average

Last edited:
Yes I do. He is an average DC as shown by our annual average ratings in defensive stats...

He’s solid and our defense did a really good join against ISU at the end. But KSU has no offense..... It doesn’t take a defensive genius to stop a freshman QB and no running game

KSU averages 25 points a game but loaded that averaged by putting 110 points up combined against Central Arkansas and UNC Charlotte

Our defense in comparison gives up nearly 30pts a game (81st)...... 102nd in total yards allowed.... 49th in defense efficiency

95th in the country in run defense.... yikes

Boss, that’s average
Again, you ignored a key part of my bragging about the defense. It comes through again and again in clutch situations. When the other offense gets the ball 3 yards from paydirt and has to settle for a field goal, this is AWESOME clutch defense. Hell, K-State had half a field or less to go about 7 times and got 6 points from 2 field goals. Are you telling me you think that's bad defense?

Well that statement about the half yard is inaccurate but individual drives don’t cover an entire defensive effort

And I don’t respect KSU’s offense, nor should you..... they couldn’t move the ball on those drives and the play calling was atrocious.

Here’s the thing about you tho.....

We have a top 10 offense
We have a top 5 QB
We have 3 WRs who will break 1,000 yards
We have a RB who will run for 1,000 yards as well

Yet........ 3 Gibson threads a week by you, and nothing other than conjecture about the offense because that would mean you’d have to give Dana credit..... ever since you falsely claimed he had a sub-500 winning percentage on here (which was miserably false) he has won 10 games and 7-n-rising

But as long as you keep attributing success to “the local boy,” you never have to admit you were wrong about Dana and your “He will never be more than a 7 Win coach” narrative

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT