ADVERTISEMENT

The latest asshat trend. People signing a petition to get

Mntneer

Heisman Winner
Oct 8, 2001
electors to not cast their vote for Trump.

People that sign shit like that are the biggest bunch of cry baby hypocrites.

Reactions: 30CAT
15032893_10154050606752596_7617405036964127085_n.jpg

You're just saying more nothing. Make a case or be quiet.

What!?!?!?! I made my case. You said he was democratically elected (which technically the Electoral College is NOT a democratic vote since the popular vote isn't followed....). I pointed out that other people, or groups, who weren't very "nice" were also democratically elected.

electors to not cast their vote for Trump.

People that sign shit like that are the biggest bunch of cry baby hypocrites.
Relative involved in GWB electoral voting. He refused a substantial offer to not cast in favor of GWB.

What!?!?!?! I made my case. You said he was democratically elected (which technically the Electoral College is NOT a democratic vote since the popular vote isn't followed....). I pointed out that other people, or groups, who weren't very "nice" were also democratically elected.
It is a democratic system in which we have agreed to abide. As far as popular vote, votes are still being counted and Trump is closing an already narrow gap.

We are not a democracy. America is a constitutional Republic. The United States of America is not the United State of Americans. the popular vote of every state determines that states representative to the electoral college. apparently you understand our republic about as well as you do the nazis.

It is a democratic system in which we have agreed to abide. As far as popular vote, votes are still being counted and Trump is closing an already narrow gap.

We are a democratic-republic. We agree to have representatives instead of govern and rule ourselves directly. The Electoral College was created for one purpose only.....to protect our government from the "uneducated voters". Look it up. That's the truth. The elite group, led by Alexander Hamilton, did not like giving every white person the responsibility of voting in our democracy. Jefferson opposed this. They compromised with the Electoral College.

If the Electoral College was democratic, then why is the elector NOT bound by the popular vote? I mean if the state electors from West Virginia wanted to cast the 5 electoral votes for Hillary, they could. Does that sound "democratic"?

We are a democratic-republic. We agree to have representatives instead of govern and rule ourselves directly. The Electoral College was created for one purpose only.....to protect our government from the "uneducated voters". Look it up. That's the truth. The elite group, led by Alexander Hamilton, did not like giving every white person the responsibility of voting in our democracy. Jefferson opposed this. They compromised with the Electoral College.

If the Electoral College was democratic, then why is the elector NOT bound by the popular vote? I mean if the state electors from West Virginia wanted to cast the 5 electoral votes for Hillary, they could. Does that sound "democratic"?
good grief.

If the Electoral College was democratic, then why is the elector NOT bound by the popular vote?
State Electors are bound by the popular vote. If Hillary Clinton had won the popular vote in West Virginia, she would have received 5 Electoral votes. That may or may not be the way 1930s Germany worked. I'll leave that to world political scholars like you.

State Electors are bound by the popular vote. If Hillary Clinton had won the popular vote in West Virginia, she would have received 5 Electoral votes. That may or may not be the way 1930s Germany worked. I'll leave that to world political scholars like you.

Conduct just SOME research and you will be enlightened. Perhaps if you payed attention in your Political Science course, or had a good high school civics instructor, you would know this information instead of passing off what you THINK you know....

And notice that the WV electors are NOT bound by the popular vote. So, no, they do not have to cast the state vote for Trump (although they will)....and should.

"There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged."

List of State Laws and Requirements Regarding the Electors
verified as of March 1, 2016

The Office of the Federal Register presents this material for informational purposes only, in response to numerous public inquiries. The list has no legal significance. It is based on information compiled by the Congressional Research Service. For more comprehensive information, refer to the U.S. Constitution and applicable Federal laws.

Legal Requirements or Pledges
Electors in these States are bound by State Law or by pledges to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ALABAMA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 17-19-2
ALASKA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 15.30.040; 15.30.070
CALIFORNIA – State Law – Elections Code § 6906
COLORADO – State Law – § 1-4-304
CONNECTICUT – State Law – § 9-175
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – DC Pledge / DC Law – § 1-1001.08(g)
FLORIDA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 103.021(1)
HAWAII – State Law – §§ 14-26 to 14-28
MAINE – State Law – § 805
MARYLAND – State Law – § 8-505
MASSACHUSETTS – Party Pledge / State Law – Ch. 53, § 8, Supp.
MICHIGAN – State Law – §168.47 (Violation cancels vote and Elector is replaced.)
MISSISSIPPI – Party Pledge / State Law – §23-15-785(3)
MONTANA – State Law – § 13-25-304
NEBRASKA – State Law – § 32-714
NEW MEXICO – State Law – § 1-15-5 to 1-15-9 (Violation is a fourth degree felony.)
NORTH CAROLINA – State Law – § 163-212 (Violation cancels vote; elector is replaced and is subject to $500 fine.)
OHIO – State Law – § 3505.40
OKLAHOMA – State Pledge / State Law – 26, §§ 10-102; 10-109 (Violation of oath is a misdemeanor, carrying a fine of up to $1000.)
OREGON – State Pledge / State Law – § 248.355
SOUTH CAROLINA – State Pledge / State Law – § 7-19-80 (Replacement and criminal sanctions for violation.)
VERMONT – State Law – title 17, § 2732
* VIRGINIA – State Law – § 24.1-162 (Virginia statute may be advisory – “Shall be expected” to vote for nominees.)
WASHINGTON – Party Pledge / State Law – §§ 29.71.020, 29.71.040, Supp. ($1000 fine.)
WISCONSIN – State Law – § 7.75
WYOMING – State Law – §§ 22-19-106; 22-19-108

Conduct just SOME research and you will be enlightened. Perhaps if you payed attention in your Political Science course, or had a good high school civics instructor, you would know this information instead of passing off what you THINK you know....

And notice that the WV electors are NOT bound by the popular vote. So, no, they do not have to cast the state vote for Trump (although they will)....and should.

"There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged."

List of State Laws and Requirements Regarding the Electors
verified as of March 1, 2016

The Office of the Federal Register presents this material for informational purposes only, in response to numerous public inquiries. The list has no legal significance. It is based on information compiled by the Congressional Research Service. For more comprehensive information, refer to the U.S. Constitution and applicable Federal laws.

Legal Requirements or Pledges
Electors in these States are bound by State Law or by pledges to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ALABAMA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 17-19-2
ALASKA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 15.30.040; 15.30.070
CALIFORNIA – State Law – Elections Code § 6906
COLORADO – State Law – § 1-4-304
CONNECTICUT – State Law – § 9-175
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – DC Pledge / DC Law – § 1-1001.08(g)
FLORIDA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 103.021(1)
HAWAII – State Law – §§ 14-26 to 14-28
MAINE – State Law – § 805
MARYLAND – State Law – § 8-505
MASSACHUSETTS – Party Pledge / State Law – Ch. 53, § 8, Supp.
MICHIGAN – State Law – §168.47 (Violation cancels vote and Elector is replaced.)
MISSISSIPPI – Party Pledge / State Law – §23-15-785(3)
MONTANA – State Law – § 13-25-304
NEBRASKA – State Law – § 32-714
NEW MEXICO – State Law – § 1-15-5 to 1-15-9 (Violation is a fourth degree felony.)
NORTH CAROLINA – State Law – § 163-212 (Violation cancels vote; elector is replaced and is subject to $500 fine.)
OHIO – State Law – § 3505.40
OKLAHOMA – State Pledge / State Law – 26, §§ 10-102; 10-109 (Violation of oath is a misdemeanor, carrying a fine of up to $1000.)
OREGON – State Pledge / State Law – § 248.355
SOUTH CAROLINA – State Pledge / State Law – § 7-19-80 (Replacement and criminal sanctions for violation.)
VERMONT – State Law – title 17, § 2732
* VIRGINIA – State Law – § 24.1-162 (Virginia statute may be advisory – “Shall be expected” to vote for nominees.)
WASHINGTON – Party Pledge / State Law – §§ 29.71.020, 29.71.040, Supp. ($1000 fine.)
WISCONSIN – State Law – § 7.75
WYOMING – State Law – §§ 22-19-106; 22-19-108
Word is bond. Other than a rare protest vote that had no baring on an election, name one example of an electoral miscreant.

Word is bond. Other than a rare protest vote that had no baring on an election, name one example of an electoral miscreant.

Again, you said that they are "bound by popular vote". No, they are legally not. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cannot happen.

Like it or not, I'm right. I know a bit about this stuff......kind of my thang! [thumbsup];)[WVU]

Again, you said that they are "bound by popular vote". No, they are legally not. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cannot happen.

Like it or not, I'm right. I know a bit about this stuff......kind of my thang! [thumbsup];)[WVU]
Well sorry to burst your bubble snowflake, but it isn't going to happen.

Well sorry to burst your bubble snowflake, but it isn't going to happen.

You didn't read where I said that the electors SHOULD cast the state votes for Trump. He won. Why are you lumping me in with the protestors? I never once said he shouldn't get the presidency.

Then you should be able to explain how Trump is a Nazi.

I never said HE was. I simply stated that the Nazi Party gained a majority in the multi-party system in the German Reichstag in 1932-33 through the democratic method of voting. And that Hitler forced Hindenburg to name him Chancellor, and then used his influence and power to get the support for the Nazi Party support from the people by boasting nativist attitude and glorifying speeches. And claims of corruption (Hitler blamed Communists, Jews).......

I'm hoping the Trump of today (meeting with Obama) will be the real Trump. If so, then I have no complaint....especially since I did not want Hillary in there either.

Yes they are bound. what an idiot.

Actually they aren't. They face a fine if they don't but it's minimal.
I understand what you are saying but they are. states have different laws but they are going to vote how the people want. if they cant do it the state will find someone who can. They may not be officially bound but they will vote the way they are directed. People take their freedom kinda seriously.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying but they are. states have different laws but they are going to vote how the people want. if they cant do it the state will find someone who can. They may not be officially bound but they will vote the way they are directed. People take their freedom kinda seriously.
Yea, there has only been a couple of instances where they've broke from what the electorate wanted and never once did it have any impact on the election.

They are a bit like delegates during the primary.

Yea, there has only been a couple of instances where they've broke from what the electorate wanted and never once did it have any impact on the election.

Actually, two electoral voters said they would pay required $1000 fine and still would not vote for Hillary. Maybe Washington or Oregon.

And, how is that "democratic"? Allowing someone to switch the vote from what the people want? A system that would allow that is not a true democratic system. Now some states have made it law, and others have posed a "fine"....but let's be honest, money is no issue for these electors.

And, how is that "democratic"? Allowing someone to switch the vote from what the people want? A system that would allow that is not a true democratic system. Now some states have made it law, and others have posed a "fine"....but let's be honest, money is no issue for these electors.

Because
our
founding
fathers
were
leary
of
a
pure
democracy..
that
is
why
we
are
a
republic.

We are not a democracy. America is a constitutional Republic. The United States of America is not the United State of Americans. the popular vote of every state determines that states representative to the electoral college. apparently you understand our republic about as well as you do the nazis.

Where were you yesterday Dave; I broached this verysubject and was shot down. Many differneses between Democracy and Republic.

The framers foresaw you voting. :grimace:

This is why the popular vote doesn't work.....

haf-of-us-population-county-map.png
Notice all the shaded areas are where the havens for illigal aliens "hide"a.k.a. SANCTUARY CITIES . ..they gotta go within the first 100 days..Shore up the SCOTUS with American first Supreme Court Justices ,and we're GOLDEN . .

Why do people keep replying to me when they know they are on ignore and I won't respond???
Where were you yesterday Dave; I broached this verysubject and was shot down. Many differneses between Democracy and Republic.

Yes, there are differences. However, when your vote is being advertised as voting in a "democratic society", you'd expect there be rules in place to ensure that your vote is being cast for the person you intend.

And before anyone jumps in, YES I think Trump should get the electoral votes. He is OUR president. I'm FINE with that........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT