ADVERTISEMENT

The Importance of Experience

The Fact IowaSt was a more talented & Far more experienced team, and WVU winning that game without a doubt proves how well NB is doing by coaching UP this team, it proves hes outperforming relative to talent & experience. It also shows if we could get consistent QB play how much better this team would be, as Doege played a pretty good game aside from that boneheaded PICK6...

We still have a very long road ahead of us, and still YEARS away from "peaking", but considering the majority of losses this year have been by 3 or 6 points, while a significant % of starters are Underclassmen, the future is definitely Bullish.

If WVU was a stock, I would certainly be buying this LOW....

Another very tough challenge next week, next week will require maximum effort & consistent QB play if we are to have a shot vs a top 15 team in OkieSt. OUr remaining schedule is pretty tough, gotta continue to improve each week if we are to go bowling..

LOL

Pitt on the brain 😂. So little brother.
Not at all. You're one of the guys that was trashing Neal after the Baylor game. A coach who hasn't even completed 3 full years while your coach is in year 7 and can't even beat a Mac team on its home field. I would worry more about your coach. Not sure why you even care what Neal does. I have relatives that went to Pitt, Syracuse, Maryland and I could care less what goes on there. You seem to care more about other teams then you do your own little man.

Reactions: Volatility
I actually think today's game was tougher for wvu match up wise than Oklahoma State. No guarantees either way but bring them on
OkieSt always seems to have our number, we did make it competitive last yr until they scored a last min TD, and its at home next week, which helps. IowaSt did beat OkieSt, but its gonna be another battle for sure. Hopefully more people attend the game next week, was a bit disappointed more people didnt go to the game today. Home Attendance is critical for us, for many reasons this year... Does anyone know if the game time?

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Not at all. You're one of the guys that was trashing Neal after the Baylor game. A coach who hasn't even completed 3 full years while your coach is in year 7 and can't even beat a Mac team on its home field. I would worry more about your coach. Not sure why you even care what Neal does. I have relatives that went to Pitt, Syracuse, Maryland and I could care less what goes on there. You seem to care more about other teams then you do your own little man.

Dude after the Baylor game Brown and WVU were horrible. Go back and look at my previous posts. I’ve always posted that Brown deserves a 5 year period to complete whatever his build back. That doesn’t mean along the way there isn’t debate on his efforts. The last two weeks have been fantastic. Why are you obsessed with the Pitt coach. Literally nothing to do with anything Brown or WVU. You guys literally can’t engage without thinking about Pitt. It’s actually sad. I’m not you sir. I follow WVU and tOSU very closely. Of course Pitt is my go to. There’s seriously something wrong with some of you. Grow the fvck up.

Last edited:
Greg's Rules of Engagement
1. It is acceptable for him, a Spitt fan, to subtly trash WVU after every loss.
2. It is acceptable for him, a Spitt fan, to flame the board after every loss. When responded to, you will be called a "homer" or "fanboy".
3. It is unacceptable for anyone to discuss "content" that involves Spitt's wins or losses, especially to lower level teams from the MAC or just overall terribleness, because Greg is childish and immature and won't grow a sack.
4. It is unacceptable for anyone to discuss Spitt's coaching staff because they ALL suck at their job because Greg is childish and immature and gets his feelings hurt and lashes out uncontrollably.

Face it, fellas. Greg is a loser. For real. A loser in life with the only thing going for him is he likes to stir up flame wars. Look at all the threads he posts in at all times of the day. Everyday. Dead-end job stuck in a strip mall between a Gamestop and a laundromat. Always with WVU on the brain. Its a sad existence and if Allen or FanForever would ever stop engaging with him I'm afraid they'd find his body somewhere below the Star City bridge.

Folks, just ignore his childishness. Ignore the others just like him (fans of others and fans of ours) and their reason for coming here is gone. They'll call you out in every thread like Greg and Herd do me but just ignore their infantile antics and there isn't anything they can do. Drop em like a bad habit and things get a lot better on here.

OkieSt always seems to have our number, we did make it competitive last yr until they scored a last min TD, and its at home next week, which helps. IowaSt did beat OkieSt, but its gonna be another battle for sure. Hopefully more people attend the game next week, was a bit disappointed more people didnt go to the game today. Home Attendance is critical for us, for many reasons this year... Does anyone know if the game time?
The key thing is not to get too excited over this win that you start thinking everything is fixed. Just like you can't get so down by a loss to think that nothing is fixable. Yesterday's game is over so now its on to Okie State. Lots to build on and lots to fix still and Oklahoma State should give a good challenge to see if the trend is going in the right direction.

2. It is acceptable for him, a Spitt fan, to flame the board after every loss. When responded to, you will be called a "homer" or "fanboy".
3. It is unacceptable for anyone to discuss "content" that involves Spitt's wins or losses, especially to lower level teams from the MAC or just overall terribleness, because Greg is childish and immature and won't grow a sack.
4. It is unacceptable for anyone to discuss Spitt's coaching staff because they ALL suck at their job because Greg is childish and immature and gets his feelings hurt and lashes out uncontrollably.

Face it, fellas. Greg is a loser. For real. A loser in life with the only thing going for him is he likes to stir up flame wars. Look at all the threads he posts in at all times of the day. Everyday. Dead-end job stuck in a strip mall between a Gamestop and a laundromat. Always with WVU on the brain. Its a sad existence and if Allen or FanForever would ever stop engaging with him I'm afraid they'd find his body somewhere below the Star City bridge.

Folks, just ignore his childishness. Ignore the others just like him (fans of others and fans of ours) and their reason for coming here is gone. They'll call you out in every thread like Greg and Herd do me but just ignore their infantile antics and there isn't anything they can do. Drop em like a bad habit and things get a lot better on here.
100 percent truth....great post....greg is a total loser...just here to stir shit...a toxic piece of shit on the board. He need to leaves...

The key thing is not to get too excited over this win that you start thinking everything is fixed. Just like you can't get so down by a loss to think that nothing is fixable. Yesterday's game is over so now its on to Okie State. Lots to build on and lots to fix still and Oklahoma State should give a good challenge to see if the trend is going in the right direction
Beat the Cowboys and winning out seems like a possibility...

Certainly is a possibility. However, the reverse is also equally possible.

It'll boil down to strengths and weaknesses of the three remaining teams left.

Awww yes one of my favorite puppets flying out of my puppet box 😂. If you only knew tGJJ deal.

Okie State has had our number for sure. The losing streak has to end sometime. The games against them have been close at least the last three. Iowa State had been really dominant over us the last three until yesterday. We found a way to swing the pendulum. Lets see if we can flip the script next Saturday.

I dont think we are a good match-up with the Cowboys.
Iowa State had dominated us more than Okie state has over the previous three games. Statistically Iowa State looks like a tougher match up than Okie states does. Games are played on the field and not on paper but we are due to beat them no better time than now.

Dude after the Baylor game Brown and WVU were horrible. Go back and look at my previous posts. I’ve always posted that Brown deserves a 5 year period to complete whatever his build back. That doesn’t mean along the way there isn’t debate on his efforts. The last two weeks have been fantastic. Why are you obsessed with the Pitt coach. Literally nothing to do with anything Brown or WVU. You guys literally can’t engage without thinking about Pitt. It’s actually sad. I’m not you sir. I follow WVU and tOSU very closely. Of course Pitt is my go to. There’s seriously something wrong with some of you. Grow the fvck up.
I think the bigger question is why are so obsessed with wvu? I don't care if you have relatives that went to wvu. Like I previously stated I have relatives that attended Pitt, Maryland, and Syracuse and could care less what happens to them. You have to remember you are the Pitt guy on a wvu message board. I am Wvu guy on a Wvu message board so its pretty clear who has the bigger obsession.

I was thinking about the differences between offense & defense today, and something occurred to me...

Since Brown and his Def staff has been here, our defensive players(the past 1.6/1.7 yrs) are about equal in talent to what it was in the Gibby years, perhaps even slightly lower... Meaning, while we have seen a massive improvement on that side of the ball, the talent is pretty close. Which means the improvement has largely come from coaching. That shows, on defense, you can take a massive step forward with quality coaching while maintaining a similar def roster.

However, on offense, can a great OC make a big difference, absolutely, BUT.... in order to go from 70's to a top 10 offense, you likely need a higher level of offensive talent to accomplish such a significant improvement(QB,OL, and a couple playmakers at skillset positions)...

While this staff is improving the talent across the board, with this revelation, one would hope if we could choose where the greatest talent improvement would be, it would certainly be on offense, as one thing is now pretty clear in that we have a quality Def staff that knows how to put a good Def on the field, good enough to compete at higher levels if we would have an offense capable of going toe to toe when needed.

From a recruiting perspective, we have seen a pretty even split so far, between the higher ranked recruits. However, one area Id like to see them focus is getting those gamebreakers, players that are dangerous in the open field. Perhaps Im biased, but I just feel like Speed & Shiftiness has always been our calling card when we have a dangerous edge. Theres something fun about watching a short and shifty 3 star break the ankles of a 6'2 5 star CB, its just aligned with our underdog mentality..

I believe it more so breaks down to one particular position - the quarterback.

Let me put forth this hypothetical - would this offense be better with Will Grier instead of Jarrett Doege at QB? They both have about the same mobility so nothing much changes there. Would Grier's abilities open up both the running game and the passing game? Where would WVU be right now (ranked or unranked, W-L record) with Grier?

Or, would some of you propose the coaching on that side of the ball has more to do with it? Would Grier have about the same amount of success as Doege because he is under a coaching staff that isn't as wide-open as what Dana ran?

We could also plug in Skyler Howard, Clint Trickett, etc. in there. Would anything be a significant change if any of those are in there? Would their mobility change things?

Just some questions to ponder...

Reactions: Volatility

Let me put forth this hypothetical - would this offense be better with Will Grier instead of Jarrett Doege at QB? They both have about the same mobility so nothing much changes there. Would Grier's abilities open up both the running game and the passing game? Where would WVU be right now (ranked or unranked, W-L record) with Grier?

Or, would some of you propose the coaching on that side of the ball has more to do with it? Would Grier have about the same amount of success as Doege because he is under a coaching staff that isn't as wide-open as what Dana ran?

We could also plug in Skyler Howard, Clint Trickett, etc. in there. Would anything be a significant change if any of those are in there? Would their mobility change things?

I think this IowaSt game proves if we would have a Grier/Geno/Skylar/Clint(senior yr) caliber QB, it would absolutely make a massive difference. As Doege played by far his best game of the season, aside from the PICK6, it is the caliber of play you expect from a 5th yr Senior P5 QB...

Every game where we lost by 3 or 6 points would have been Wins. Doege's limitations allow DC's to pin their ears back schematically, aside from this IowaSt game, his lack of mobility, inaccuracy beyond 20 yrds, allows DC's to really focus on Leddie.

A QB like Grier/Geno/etc would essentially reduce conceptual restrictions & diversify the methods in which our Offense can attack defenses, reducing predictability and not allowing DC's to focus on the limited strengths of our offense. We saw Leddie have a good game vs IowaStm which is a really good run defense, the reason is Doege was consistent in the passing game, and coaches felt more confident in calling them because of it.

Im not sure if we would have won vs Baylor or not, the Baylor game in some ways reminds me of the 2018 game vs IowaSt where Grier & Company just didnt show up. Every good offense has at least 1-2 of those types of games per year, which is why its critical to also have a quality defense that you can lean on in those types of games when your offense struggles..

We would likely be 7-1 right now with Grier/Geno/etc... Even with a young OL, a young team for that matter, a quality QB can deploy concepts to mitigate weaknesses, but our OL seems to be playing better as the season continues, which is to be expected with a young OL.

I think this staff is working around some significant limitations right now, and to be able to beat a quality & far more experienced team like IowaSt shows the quality of this staff. Brown has mentioned several times this year, they are limited and can only deploy schemes they feel their players can execute. Its why im Bullish on this team & staff, once they have time to have a similar level of experience as IowaSt from yr to yr, and get these top 25 recruiting classes matured, developed, etc, I think we can be in the conversation for competing for conference championships, similar to how we were in 2018 before the season started. Of course, much of this is dependent on whether Brown & Staff can continue to recruit top 30-25 classes, and QB's in those classes pan out.

Like another poster said, Doege's performance in the first half of the season deserved criticism, and his last two games he also deserves credit for playing well. If you remove those CRITICAL mistakes, hes played ok, but those mistakes are absolute win killers. The past two weeks however, those mistakes have been reduced, or his level of play was good enough to overcome one incredibly bad mistake. If Doege plays >= how he played vs IowaSt we have a shot..... a chance to win out, because our defense is good enough to keep us in most games.

What will be interesting:

What if Doege plays >= like he did this weekend for the rest of the season and we win out, win our bowl game. and end the season as a ranked team, would you want him to come back next year???

Either way, next offseason will surely be interesting between Greene, Crowder, & Nicco... Im sure 1 of them will turn out to be the QB we need to take us to a higher level of competition.

I think the bigger question is why are so obsessed with wvu? I don't care if you have relatives that went to wvu. Like I previously stated I have relatives that attended Pitt, Maryland, and Syracuse and could care less what happens to them. You have to remember you are the Pitt guy on a wvu message board. I am Wvu guy on a Wvu message board so its pretty clear who has the bigger obsession.

If you weren’t such an idiot you’d know half of my family is form West Virginia. My grandparents are buried in Wheeling and Fairmont you jerkoff. My entire life has involved WVU. I’ve followed WVU for over 50 years. Dude I don’t give a crap what you care about. Don’t be such a narcissistic douche. Just because you beat to your drum doesn’t mean others feel your way. Just move on fool.

Doege has certainly played better the last two weeks....I don't think anyone can dispute that.

. Dude I don’t give a crap what you care about.
But I will respond with an angry post anyway....LMAO...you are a complete loser and no one wants you here...what part of that don't you get douchebag? Leave...you are a toxic piece of shit here that just trolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: OlegeezEER
Truth hurts doesn't it loser....No one wants you here...your stupid attention-getting leaving thread proved that (TWO VOTES LMAO)...boy...that backfired on your stupid ass didn't it....LMAO.

Don't be mad, just leave douchebag.

Where is your Geno Smith thread this week you piece of shit troll douchebag? Thoughts? Didn't think so.

And quit hijacking this thread and making it about you...some of us are trying to talk about WVU football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT