ADVERTISEMENT

the electric vehicle lie... EVs ... Lithium ...Copper ...UAW ...toxic waste ...pollution ...charging stations ...40,000 child slaves in Congo

F7PoE1JbkAAmzUa

I can tell you this is true! I work at a large volume Ford dealership in metro Atlanta so we are selling EVs. However we are going on an "order only" basis. What that means is where most dealers who typically buy vehicles on spec to meet market demand, they are now only taking direct orders for EVs. Right now our most popular request is for the Mustang Mach E, however most of our buyers are purchasing it for its performance attributes. By far our #1 seller is the ICE F-150 (with Eco boost 6 cylinder engine). The EV companion of the ICE F-150 (Lightning) is struggling. It is not practical for the needs of most everyday light Truck owners, and its high cost relative to the ICE version makes it almost impossible to sell competitively.

We're finding a lot of our Lightning orders are coming from fleet managers, who ironically are under corporate mandates in many cases to flip their fleets to all electric. A lot of these purchases are being subsidized by huge government grants to these various organizations which include utility companies, airlines, school districts, State department of transportation agencies and believe it or not... some military subcontractors. (We have a multi million dollar contract to fill EV orders for subcontractors at Dobbins AFB...just outside Atlanta)

I have said before, the main drawback behind transitioning the general automotive market to an "all EV fleet" remains the strain on our existing power grid with no new efficient low cost alternatives available for additional kilowatt power generation. My personal opinion is Trump once he is re-elected will "pull the plug" if you will on a lot of these mandates, and simply allow market forces to dictate how and where EV deployment advances in this country over the next decade or so.

Mandates will be out...and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadtrasheer
Hertz pulling nearly half of its EV fleet off the grid! Biggest complaint from the giant rental fleet company? EVs maintenence costs.

Yes it's true!

excerpt

The decision to sell off 20,000 EVs came as the cost of repairs for its EV fleet, mostly made up of Teslas, has been higher than expected, coupled with lower demand. The company, which plans to purchase gas cars from some EV sales, started selling off EVs in December. Hertz mentioned in a Thursday filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission the recognition of “approximately $245 million of incremental net depreciation expense related to the sale.”

The dirty little secret about EVs...most manufacturers wouldn't even be touching them were it not for the government imposed mandates they're being forced to develop them under. They're loss leaders, money losers, are too expensive to build, sell, and maintain...plus most of their their customers aren't demanding them!

My Dealership...(which has a very robust EV business) has been ordered by Ford to stop taking orders on EVs, particularly for the Mustang Mach E which was our #1 seller! The reason: Unsold inventory at Ford. They're not selling what they've built, so why build any more to offer to retailers until those units have asses in their seats? If you want a Mach E, you have to purchase from existing manufacturer stock...otherwise buy an ICE Pony.

Fact.
iu

Mustang Mach E Coupe

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT