ADVERTISEMENT

The D'Antoni Doctrine

Danny has fired you boys up..but really all he said was

we're not coming to Charleston anymore and that the series should return to the format that it was begun under! I don't really get why that got under Huggys skin and therefore ticked off WVU nation! But there a lot about you boys that I don't understand!

I agree Danny could have said it better and perhaps

chosen a different forum....but in it's lowest common denominator, all he said was the series should return to home and home!

You're not getting it because you're not listening to the truth.

According to Mitch Vingle, who says he was right there within a few feet of DD when he said the controversial statement, here is what DD said:

"They back out now." Referring to the series with WVU, "They're afraid of us. We're coming back."

Called Huggs and WVU afraid. And that MU is coming back. DD was stupid for saying both statements. MH told him that too. So has many, many others.He knows it, now. LOL

This post was edited on 1/16 1:25 PM by spectat'EER

Re: Why not return to the original format?*

Are you a Thread Viewer? Or a Topic guy? I use Thread, and I'm going to miss it. I HAVE to use Topic where Thread isn't offered, and manage but not liking it. The posters under thirty yrs old say we old Thread users are just to old and set in our ways. LOL

Re: I agree Danny could have said it better and perhaps

Yes, and twice a year(which is lunacy), and if WVU doesn't like it and cancels the series, they are afraid. Marshall's rules, or you're scared. Same as football. They simply cover their ears and yell 'blah, blah, blah' when WVU tries to explain how they need to make ends meet in their athletic calculus. They don't go panhandling around the Capitol. Moo doesn't want to hear it because they are unfamiliar with having to have their athletic department operate in the black. There really is nothing in either series for WVU other than charity.

How could you not be, he was very clear about it.

"I heard suggestions for a home and home. Here's my suggestion:
Morgantown, Charleston. Next year Charleston, Huntington and just keep
it that way. It's good for the state. If they back out now they're afraid of us. We're coming back."

Frankly, I do not hate the herd, but there is no way to spin that playing the herd on any regular basis is good and/or helpful for either WVU or the state. I do think marshall benefits, but the move to the B12 has made it far less beneficial for WVU than before... and it wasn't really beneficial when WVU was in the BE. It is hilarious when you boys scream about fear motivating the football and/or basketball series, but I understand the motivation -- you NEED WVU, while WVU does not need the herd and in fact is hurt more by playing them than not (and this is while winning).

The herd made a HUGE mistake leaving the MAC (something you boys mocked when folks on this board said it would be a mistake) and they are making an even bigger mistake staying in the CUSA. I don't know what options marshall has (most of what I know about the herd nowadays comes from this board), but I would hope for your 12 fans they are trying to make some serious changes. Not that I see any reason to believe your administration will make positive changes after they foolishly opted to play a non-P5 in the bowl game and then pretended that by playing a then ranked MAC school they were proving their worth. You can dress that up however you like, but it still reeks of the herd admin being afraid of playing a P5 -- even a weak one.

I would be ok playing the herd in Morgantown once every few years in football, and maybe some kind of tourney in Charleston (or somewhere in the state) that features more than just the two West Virginia schools but give them both a chance to play some upscale competition with a shot at facing off in the title game. Other than that, I look at the herd much the way I look at UTC -- and no one here is demanding UT play them every year in anything.

You know that's not ALL he said

He said, "If they don't agree to it they're scared. We're coming back"

That's a little different than "it should be home and home".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT