ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech v. West Virginia: The Carlen Trophy

SaikenPhase

All-American
Nov 3, 2008
Carlen was one of the most successful coaches at both schools,

Lets get this "Trophy" game going!

220px-JimCarlenTTU.jpg

Record at WVU- 25-13, 1 Southern Conference championship (1967), Peach Bowl Victory,10-1 season, 17th Nationally.
Record at TTU, 37-20, 1973 11-1 season, Gator Bowl victory, Ranked 11th nationally

There was the Ben Schwartzwalder trophy when we regularly played Syracuse while in the Big East conference. A great idea in starting a new tradition in our new conference where we have a similar situation concerning the late Jim Carlen...

Has anyone submitted this idea to the AD's of each respective school? Vernon?

schwartzwalder-trophy.jpg

This post was edited on 10/11 7:01 AM by CE4Mountaineers

WVU & Syracuse football coach Ben Schwartzwalder

How about the Carlen-Denver trophy to recognize the ties from those two to the two respective schools.

Then of course is the Holgorsen connection.

When I was at WVU, Bam Morris' girlfriend was a WVU women's basketball player. Can't remember her name, but she was from Texas.

Rich Rodriguez almost took the Texas Tech job before coming to WVU.

The connections are endless.

Originally posted by doneagain:
How about the Carlen-Denver trophy to recognize the ties from those two to the two respective schools.

Then of course is the Holgorsen connection.

When I was at WVU, Bam Morris' girlfriend was a WVU women's basketball player. Can't remember her name, but she was from Texas.

Rich Rodriguez almost took the Texas Tech job before coming to WVU.

The connections are endless.
Rumor has it that his wife got off the plane in lubbock, just an hour or so before the presser, and said no and got back on the plane.

I believe that Hance {Tech chancelor] has contacted WVU about some sort of Battle for John Denver.

Hance was a frat brother to Denver when he was at Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT