ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech representing Big 12 well

Eers is all yours guys. The gift that keeps giving haha.

No doubt @Cuyahoga Falls Eers the Big12 is a crazy meatgrinder and miles ahead of the next best Conference. You were so right the entire time old timer.

Last edited:
Because of the round robin schedule and the 18 games the Big 12 is the toughest conference to go through.
The Big 12 is #1 in SOS almost every year.

Especially since Oklahoma St beat the SEC champion who was 14-2 in the SEC.
In LSU

Texas was seventh in the Big 12 and beat both Purdue and North Carolina.

That is the bottom of the conference.

Bottom of the ACC is trash
Bottom of the SEC is Vanderbilt
Bottom of the B1G is Rutgers.

Bottom of the Big 12...
Oklahoma State and West Virginia would have done much better in the other conferences .

The ACC can have 4 Top 10 teams but since they only play each school once.
The Big 12 is just as tough with only 2

This is why the SOS for the Big 12 is #1 pretty much every year since the conference went to Ten teams.
Especially since Jamie Dixon went to TCU

A big Thank You to Texas Tech. Final Four for the Big XII.

And WVU kicked the shit out of shPitt. If that’s possible.

They are in the final 4 now.

I was pulling for Gonzaga to win it all just because I don’t like the same teams winning it all the time. Seems like a long time since we have had a first time champion in basketball or football.
Shouldn't you be rooting for Texas Tech then...they are like WVU...not sure they have won much of anything when it comes to national titles.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Shouldn't you be rooting for Texas Tech then...they are like WVU...not sure they have won much of anything when it comes to national titles.

I was fine with TT winning last night, I just meant prior to the tournament starting I hoped Gonzaga would win. In the grand scheme of things, since WV was not in the tournament I didn’t really care a whole lot who did whatever. I am not one of those guys with 34 “favorite teams” or a fallback team when my “real favorite” craps the bed (read: WVU).

Texas Tech in Final Four for first time in history.

Auburn in first Final Four for first time in history.

Virginia in Final Four for first time since 1984.

Only Michigan State of the Final Four participants has ever won a national title.

Fresh blood! I love it!

Why wouldn't you want the national champion in your conference?

Honest question?

No...it doesn't impact WVU at all...but wouldn't you rather the champ be in the conference your team plays in?

Reactions: jtturner09
All the Big 12 schools have made a Final 4 now except for TCU.
TCU longest run is the Elite 8.

With my brackets blown away I will now cheer for Texas Tech vs Auburn final. Don't care which team wins. I'm not into this stuff you have to cheer for your conference members. I didn't do it while in the Big East and I'm not going to do it now.

You can't have a rivalry if you're kissing everyone's ass.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Hey 44gold. You can crawl back under your rock weenie lol. Final four means nothing unless the mountaineers are in it..unless you live through others woosie boy. Lolx2

Thanks Douchebag. You are so cute when you are trying to be clever.

Though I am not a "fan of the Big12" conference - and not a fan of the other 9 teams... I also don't understand the take that - "who cares how other Big12 teams do?"

I think of it this way. I have a nice house in a neighborhood - then the neighbors on both sides of my house let their houses fall into total disrepair. Would I say, "I don't care if they take care of their houses. I only care about mine." Clearly - the houses to my left and right affect the resale value of my house. But if my neighbors improve their houses and yards, it helps my home's value. That is how I think about this conference stuff.

So yea... I hope Texas Tech wins it all. And doesn't WVU get more money - for the more games played in the tourney by Big 12 teams? I thought the NCAA awarded money to conferences (to be divided) based on a "points system" - calculated by how many wins a conference gets in the tourney.

-Winter Tim

WVU gets the money cheering for Tech or not cheering for Tech. This has no issue for the outcome. Some people overthink shit.

Though I am not a "fan of the Big12" conference - and not a fan of the other 9 teams... I also don't understand the take that - "who cares how other Big12 teams do?"

I think of it this way. I have a nice house in a neighborhood - then the neighbors on both sides of my house let their houses fall into total disrepair. Would I say, "I don't care if they take care of their houses. I only care about mine." Clearly - the houses to my left and right affect the resale value of my house. But if my neighbors improve their houses and yards, it helps my home's value. That is how I think about this conference stuff.

So yea... I hope Texas Tech wins it all. And doesn't WVU get more money - for the more games played in the tourney by Big 12 teams? I thought the NCAA awarded money to conferences (to be divided) based on a "points system" - calculated by how many wins a conference gets in the tourney.

-Winter Tim

WISE, INTELLIGENT POST. RARITY ON THIS BOARD. THANK YOU. YES, WHAT TEXAS TECH DOES WILL BENEFIT WVU. EVEN A CAVEMAN CAN SEE THAT.

WISE, INTELLIGENT POST. RARITY ON THIS BOARD. THANK YOU. YES, WHAT TEXAS TECH DOES WILL BENEFIT WVU. EVEN A CAVEMAN CAN SEE THAT.

But cheering them or not cheering for them makes no difference what soever in a win or a loss. WVU gets the extra money if they win it all. Doesn't mean I have to freaking cheer for them. You dumbass caveman.

By fake sports writer criteria we could all say that what happens to any team wvu plays means a ton to the mountaineers. Lost 21 games...what happens to to Texas tech doesn't mean shit to wvu one way or the other.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
By fake sports writer criteria we could all say that what happens to any team wvu plays means a ton to the mountaineers. Lost 21 games...what happens to to Texas tech doesn't mean shit to wvu one way or the other.

Wrong again. When a member of the Family wins, we all win.

Your fake diuchebaggery is tiring.

Congrats to Tech. But I am sure they are not thinking about Big 12. They are thinking National Championship for themselves. They better give Beard a huge raise and buyout or he's gone soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT