ADVERTISEMENT

Texas mascot-Bevo

eerdoc

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Not trying to be overly critical and just raising a question--"Did anyone else think the current version of Texas mascot (Texas Longhorn-Bevo) was a little pathetic? The horns were hardly representative of a classic steer of this breed. What did others think?"

It looked like a young pup steer to me. Definately not the same one I saw in 2012.
Maybe so. Makes one wonder why they would choose such when there must be hundreds and hundreds of other, better, representatives available throughout Texas.

Was it my imagination or was Bevo's appearance at the game very minimal? I only saw him once on the sideline.

Was the previous Bevo part of the athletic training table? Seems only reasonable that he would have given 100 percent effort.

Reactions: countryroads89
Was the previous Bevo part of the athletic training table? Seems only reasonable that he would have given 100 percent effort.
would you encourage the human consumption of a diseased animal? Maybe we do and are not aware of it, but to know the reasons for the demise and then serve it to the team seems a little beyond what is normally acceptable.

Frankly .... I think that our guys should have wrangled Bevo away from UT after the win and brought him back to Morgantown for a BBQ.

Reactions: Die HardEER
would you encourage the human consumption of a diseased animal? Maybe we do and are not aware of it, but to know the reasons for the demise and then serve it to the team seems a little beyond what is normally acceptable.
Probably pretty tough cut of meat too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT