ADVERTISEMENT

Texas 'licensed-to-carry' bystander shot El Paso mall shooter as he targeted more would-be victims: police

All law abiding Americans should have at least 1 gun loaded and ready at all times.
You really think the WVU campus would be safer with 25,000 college students constantly carrying a loaded firearm?

You really think the WVU campus would be safer with 25,000 college students constantly carrying a loaded firearm?
If they ARE law abiding citizens they wouldn't be killing unless they would need to .
I'm law abiding I carry everywhere I go and have never even felt the need to use my gun .... law abiding is very important

Reactions: 30CAT
If they ARE law abiding citizens they wouldn't be killing unless they would need to .
I'm law abiding I carry everywhere I go and have never even felt the need to use my gun .... law abiding is very important
Everyone is a law abiding citizen. Until they aren’t. Shit happens. More theoretical comments from the gun lobby. The problem is practicality needs to prevail. in theory, we wouldn’t need police or courts but that isn’t how the real world works.

I can’t see how anyone can suggest a campus of 25000 armed college students is a good thing.

Everyone is a law abiding citizen. Until they aren’t. Shit happens. More theoretical comments from the gun lobby. The problem is practicality needs to prevail. in theory, we wouldn’t need police or courts but that isn’t how the real world works.

I can’t see how anyone can suggest a campus of 25000 armed college students is a good thing.
Military seems to handle it ok, way more than that on military bases.

I bet it would stop mass shootings
Might be a couple Chicago nights but no mass shootings....

Military seems to handle it ok, way more than that on military bases.
Yeah. servicemen never commit crimes. Hampton roads would need a lot fewer criminal lawyers if the bases here didn’t allow their crew outside the gates.

there are plenty of examples of shootings on bases. The dc naval yard, fort hood come to kind. You know where there are almost none? Courtrooms. Know why? You can’t get into one if you are carrying.

Would it be safer? No... criminals will still be criminals.

But, from amongst the 25K students the ones that WANT to should be able to.
there isn’t a weekend that goes by in Morgantown without a bar fight or several. I can only imagine what would happens with those idiots packing.

And those who want to carry isn’t the issue. The statement was all law abiding citizens carrying, not those who wanted to. funny how you need to change the subject to get your point across.

I bet it would stop mass shootings
Might be a couple Chicago nights but no mass shootings....
How would it have stopped Las Vegas? no one even knew where he was shooting from, let alone get to him to stop it, until dozens were dead.

you’re Not being rational.

there isn’t a weekend that goes by in Morgantown without a bar fight or several. I can only imagine what would happens with those idiots packing.

And those who want to carry isn’t the issue. The statement was all law abiding citizens carrying, not those who wanted to. funny how you need to change the subject to get your point across.
What if they can but decide they don't want to? Is that not allowed?

Another one?

Police stations. Cause there they all have guns and shoot back.
So we need to carry guns to protect ourselves from those carrying guns.

is that really the point you are making? This is what I mean by the stupid logic from the gun lobby. Why can’t you just say it is my right and leave it at that? Why the need for such foolish claims?

because everyone needs an excuse.

How would it have stopped Las Vegas? no one even knew where he was shooting from, let alone get to him to stop it, until dozens were dead.

you’re Not being rational.
You see, there is something you are missing here. You are getting wrapped up in the number. As if, the greater the number, the greater the tragedy. That's simply a figment of the media's imagination.

Take the VT shooting. I personally knew one of the people killed. Do you think it was worse for that person's family that 30 other people died? No...I can assure you it wasn't.

One death or a dozen. Both tragedies.

is that really the point you are making? This is what I mean by the stupid logic from the gun lobby. Why can’t you just say it is m6 right and leave it at that? Why the need for such foolish claims?

because everyone needs an excuse.
Because if I say that is my right, which I claim, and try to leave it at that some knucklehead comes along whining about it. Says I don't need it. Comes up with a host of silly reasons that have to be shot down (pardon the pun) one by one. People who think that government laws can change the evil in people's hearts. People too stupid to realize that every attempt to legislate people into moral behavior (Prohibition, the War on ______________) has failed, was always doomed to fail, and will always continue to fail.

You see, there is something you are missing here. You are getting wrapped up in the number. As if, the greater the number, the greater the tragedy. That's simply a figment of the media's imagination.

Take the VT shooting. I personally knew one of the people killed. Do you think it was worse for that person's family that 30 other people died? No...I can assure you it wasn't.

One death or a dozen. Both tragedies.
I said nothing about the number. He suggested more People carrying would stop mass shootings. How would it have stopped the Vegas shooting when none one knew where the shooter was? That has nothing to do with numbers. I have no idea what point you are even trying to make at this point.

Because if I say that is my right, which I claim, and try to leave it at that some knucklehead comes along whining about it. Says I don't need it. Comes up with a host of silly reasons that have to be shot down (pardon the pun) one by one. People who think that government laws can change the evil in people's hearts. People too stupid to realize that every attempt to legislate people into moral behavior (Prohibition, the War on ______________) has failed, was always doomed to fail, and will always continue to fail.
Why do you care what some knucklehead says? It is his right to be an idiot as much as it is your right to carry. ironically, in the situation you describe, there is typically more than 1 knucklehead arguing the topic.

Why do you care what some knucklehead says? It is his right to be an idiot as much as it is your right to carry. ironically, in the situation you describe, there is typically more than 1 knucklehead arguing the topic.
Of course. But along with the 2nd Amendment comes the 1st. That is also my right to expose their erroneous beliefs. The problem that occurs there is that most people who don't like the 2nd (or 4th, 5th, 6th, 14th, or a whole host of others) have a special animosity for the 1st because it exposes their erroneous and fallacious thinking.

No...We have a RIGHT to carry guns to protect ourselves from CRIMINALS. Criminals are going to have guns, regardless of any law, that's why they are CRIMINALS....Even if they don't have guns, they are still criminals and we have the RIGHT to carry and defend ourselves. If you don't want to carry, then don't. It's your RIGHT.

Reactions: spartansstink
No...We have a RIGHT to carry guns to protect ourselves from CRIMINALS. Criminals are going to have guns, regardless of any law, that's why they are CRIMINALS....Even if they don't have guns, they are still criminals and we have the RIGHT to carry and defend ourselves. If you don't want to carry, then don't. It's your RIGHT.
We have a right to own and carry. Doesn’t matter what the reasoning and rationale is. I don’t have to define a need. That requirement is not in the constitution.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Absolutely. Just an attempt to educate, thought it was likely to no avail.
I think that is actually the trap and the point SoCo is making.

No need to entertain rationale, we’re not required to provide rationale. It’d be akin to asking someone for their rationale on the ability to vote. It’s just a given that you have an inalienable right to do so unless you’re a felon. Owning a firearm is the same.

I think that is actually the trap and the point SoCo is making.

No need to entertain rationale, we’re not required to provide rationale. It’d be akin to asking someone for their rationale on the ability to vote. It’s just a given that you have an inalienable right to do so unless you’re a felon. Owning a firearm is the same.
Good point and point taken

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT