ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Crybabies....

SeronimusPratt

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Parts Unknown
Per ESPN:
Texas officials have complained to the league for years that the Horns Down gesture shouldn't be allowed.

"The Horns Down is disrespectful," former Texas coach Mack Brown said in 2012. "We ought to talk about that as a league."

Geeez for having such a badass persona, turns out the state is actually soft. No wonder they got their ass kicked at the Alamo...

Total BS....and a contributing factor why Texass has gotten SOFT. Big state...big money....big hats....big 5* recruits....officials in your pocket...but don't throw horns down sign or you will get a 15yd penalty. They have everything under the sun to set them up to win in the B12....except heart and guts

Per ESPN:
Texas officials have complained to the league for years that the Horns Down gesture shouldn't be allowed.

"The Horns Down is disrespectful," former Texas coach Mack Brown said in 2012. "We ought to talk about that as a league."

Geeez for having such a badass persona, turns out the state is actually soft. No wonder they got their ass kicked at the Alamo...

With all due respect, you guys cried until you got us fined. I think that Horns-down is worth much more than $25,000...

With all due respect, you guys cried until you got us fined. I think that Horns-down is worth much more than $25,000...

Can you post a link to prove that WVU “cried about the field storming?” I know Dana made one comment that he was concerned about player safety.

Personally, I take it as a compliment and have no problem with it. Basketball is a different story.

Per ESPN:

Another poster made the point that if......the horns down gesture is offensive when made by the opposition...............then the horns up gesture is also offensive when made by the Longhorns when they score. He's right on the money. John Lennon said it best. "Think" Warez

Reactions: Hamilton77
The entire nation outside of a few areas in TX is laughing after seeing what Texas is really made of last night.

The problem with ISU is....well they're ISU. They have never and never will command enough respect from their opponents to not be overlooked and played down to by a better team each year. They will always be that team who gets some nice upsets due to not being respected, but they will never make it to the upper tier.

Truth is I miss the old Big East in football and basketball. I miss playing tough teams who are actually tough. I miss the physical games with way less whining and entitlement than they have in the BG12.

The entire nation outside of a few areas in TX is laughing after seeing what Texas is really made of last night.

The problem with ISU is....well they're ISU. They have never and never will command enough respect from their opponents to not be overlooked and played down to by a better team each year. They will always be that team who gets some nice upsets due to not being respected, but they will never make it to the upper tier.

Truth is I miss the old Big East in football and basketball. I miss playing tough teams who are actually tough. I miss the physical games with way less whining and entitlement than they have in the BG12.
Tejas--an entire state of snowflakes.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Look around the country. Everyone is getting fined for storming the field.

Just what this board needs—another moron troll.

Reactions: Airport
My buddies and I once paid about 500$ at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Austin, kept country roads going for quite a while.......Wish we could have done it again this past weekend.......Horns down

Reactions: CAJUNEER
Can you post a link to prove that WVU “cried about the field storming?” I know Dana made one comment that he was concerned about player safety.

Personally, I take it as a compliment and have no problem with it. Basketball is a different story.
Dana did protest the field storming in the weekly report to Big 12 officials, which usually is about the officiating. You can't allow home fans, even at Mountaineer Field, to storm the field while the visiting team is still on the field. Not safe for the players or the fans, with 280 pounders whacking away at fans. I agree with Dana's objections. So did the Big 12. So the Iowa State guy is right. But storming the field is a BIG difference than doing the horns-down thing. Nobody got whacked or trampled over that. Does that mean TCU can't make fun of "Country Roads" if the Horny Frogs should beat my alma mater in Mountaineer Field this Saturday? Let them play football. Call targeting. Call choreographed celebrations, which are only imitations of NFL players anyway. But turning your fingers down is worth 15 yards? What the hell would they give you for two middle fingers pointing skyward? Let the guys play football!

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E rectile dysfunctioned Texas on 2-point PAT, 42-41

E viscerates TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT