ADVERTISEMENT

Texas becomes 21st Constitutional Carry state...

As of April 2, 2021, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa (effective July 1, 2021), Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only), Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah (effective May 5, 2021), Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming (residents only for concealed carry) do not require a permit to carry a loaded concealed firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm.

As of April 2, 2021, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa (effective July 1, 2021), Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only), Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah (effective May 5, 2021), Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming (residents only for concealed carry) do not require a permit to carry a loaded concealed firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm.
That sounds logical. if you passed the background check, you can carry concealed. I thought that until I represented someone on an appeal trying to get their concealed permit. He had been involved in more than a dozen incidents (ie bar fights and altercations) in the past 12 months. he was never convicted of anything. By all standards, he is permitted to own firearms, but what if he was carrying at the time of any one of those incidents?

every judge would (and did) deny his concealed carry permit and I would too. But he rightfully is still allowed to own a firearm. I can appreciate the distinction.

5c8c81308fbb6e85.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT