ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Lands at Wichita State

2a1c319673acaf332ccd47c7d5d72acc.jpg

While I wish Teddy Allen didn't leave, the idea that Huggins "runs off" good players is wrong. It's well-documented that
transfers are a part of college basketball- there are many each year across the country.
See this - 593 transfers to date in 2018 alone! And it's only May 9th.
TRANSFERS FOR 2018 link

Bottom line is that Huggins has a system which includes willingness to play tenacious defense. Some kids don't want to partake in that style.
But, Huggins has proven he wins with his system and methods. If kids can't handle his system and choose to leave, he has
proven that he will find other kids who are willing and successfully able to play WVU's style.

Interestingly, Wichita State has 4 players transferring out! So, those thinking Coach Marshall there is doing something better than Huggins as to retaining kids is FOS.
Just scroll down the linked list.

Huggins always manages to run off a few players........

You got it backward. There are always some players who can't handle Huggins' demands. Those who stay love him. It's on them, not Huggins.
I tend to agree with you here. A kid who won't embrace discipline isn't a Huggin's kid.

While I wish Teddy Allen didn't leave, the idea that Huggins "runs off" good players is wrong. It's well-documented that
transfers are a part of college basketball- there are many each year across the country.
See this - 593 transfers to date in 2018 alone! And it's only May 9th.
TRANSFERS FOR 2018 link

Bottom line is that Huggins has a system which includes willingness to play tenacious defense. Some kids don't want to partake in that style.
But, Huggins has proven he wins with his system and methods. If kids can't handle his system and choose to leave, he has
proven that he will find other kids who are willing and successfully able to play WVU's style.

Interestingly, Wichita State has 4 players transferring out! So, those thinking Coach Marshall there is doing something better than Huggins as to retaining kids is FOS.
Just scroll down the linked list.

"But, Huggins has proven he wins".... unless he has a double digit lead against UK or KU.....then all bets are off.

Well I think WSU gets a pretty good kid in Teddy. But he's going to have to learn a work ethic
and self control wherever he plays. Huggs would have made him great. Oh Well.

Looks like a good fit for him. Plus it's fairly close to Boys Town where he has a lot of support.

Sometimes your first choice doesn't work out, especially at 18. I wish him well.

@EERs 3:16:
So tell me- is WVU more successful, with a higher national profile, with Huggins than any other time in the Modern Era? (Modern being 1960s - present)
If you're unsure--
how many Final Fours did we have since 1960 before Huggins? (Hint: Zero)
how many Elite Eights did we have since 1960 before Huggins? (Hint: 1 in 48 years)
how many sweet Sixteens ? (Other than that same Beilein E8 team, 1 in 48 years by Catlett)

Huggins has more NCAA Tourney appearances in 10 seasons than in the previous 48 years combined.

But, keep complaining... your choice.

"But, Huggins has proven he wins".... unless he has a double digit lead against UK or KU.....then all bets are off.

Wvu has a good hoops history but Huggins has taken it to another level. Unfortunately, some people are never happy.

So tell me- is WVU more successful, with a higher national profile, with Huggins than any other time in the Modern Era? (Modern being 1960s - present)
If you're unsure--
how many Elite Eights did we have since 1960 before Huggins? (Hint: 1 in 48 years)
how many sweet Sixteens ? (Other than that same Beilein E8 team, 1 in 48 years by Catlett)

Huggins has more NCAA Tourney appearances in 10 seasons than in the previous 48 years combined.

If you're unsure--

I agree with your overall point, but i thought WVU has had 3 Sweet 16 appearances between 1960 and Huggins. The West miracle from half court under Catlett, 2005 with advancement to Elite 8, 2006 with elimination by buzzer beater three against Texas.

Best of luck Teddy. Says something that a great basketball program like that would pick him up.

Let’s hear from the haters please. To all the tools that said WVU recruited over Teddy what’s up? Here’s the real deal. The kid proved he could play on a Big12 level. Losing any kid that establishes he can play is a big loss. Even if you bring in a better player or two doesn’t mean losing Teddy is no big deal. All of the morons acting like Teddy was no big loss don’t know crap about D1 hoops. Classic talking heads haha.

I tend to agree with you here. A kid who won't embrace discipline isn't a Huggin's kid.

You’re such a cliche bumbling poster. You have no idea why Teddy left. You have no idea if Huggs didn’t want him at WVU. You have no idea if Huggs wanted Teddy to stay. You have no idea if Teddy wanted to stay. You have no idea about anything. Just the next chump calling a kid out with zero info. Pathetic!

You’re such a cliche bumbling poster. You have no idea why Teddy left. You have no idea if Huggs didn’t want him at WVU. You have no idea if Huggs wanted Teddy to stay. You have no idea if Teddy wanted to stay. You have no idea about anything. Just the next chump calling a kid out with zero info. Pathetic!
If you spent any time on the Blue Lot, you would know why Teddy was shown the door. I do hope he has success and hate to see him go. But if we land Mathews, we absolutely recruited over him.

If you spent any time on the Blue Lot, you would know why Teddy was shown the door. I do hope he has success and hate to see him go. But if we land Mathews, we absolutely recruited over him.

I spend enough time on BL. I just don’t blow BL up because it wouldn’t be fair to everyone paying. I call out idiots here because I know they’re reading. It’s no secrete why Teddy left 5-0. After all the noise a very good player transferred. That’s all I posted. I can care less why he left. That’s for homers to hang onto. Recruited over him. Teddy had no discipline. Lazy. Bad attitude. Not WVU material. Not what I posted about. Irrelevant to me. Not having a legit Big12 kid anymore to win a game next year is relevant to me. Any loss sucks. I never said it was the end of the world or WVU couldn’t find better players. Typical low IQ posters and talking heads get emotional and create Fake News.

I spend enough time on BL. I just don’t blow BL up because it wouldn’t be fair to everyone paying. I call out idiots here because I know they’re reading. It’s no secrete why Teddy left 5-0. After all the noise a very good player transferred. That’s all I posted. I can care less why he left. That’s for homers to hang onto. Recruited over him. Teddy had no discipline. Lazy. Bad attitude. Not WVU material. Not what I posted about. Irrelevant to me. Not having a legit Big12 kid anymore to win a game next year is relevant to me. Any loss sucks. I never said it was the end of the world or WVU couldn’t find better players. Typical low IQ posters and talking heads get emotional and create Fake News.
Man you need some caffeine. Like I said I hate to see him go but not sure what other choice Huggs had here. It could be that Huggs has really shortened up his leash after the Harris thing. Team chemistry does matter though.

I have a pretty good idea no one wants you here.

Reactions: bfeld35
Man you need some caffeine. Like I said I hate to see him go but not sure what other choice Huggs had here. It could be that Huggs has really shortened up his leash after the Harris thing. Team chemistry does matter though.

Team chemistry? So now you’re saying that Huggs basically kicked Teddy off the team. Cool!! Thanks for the intel!!!

Greg, You have never been on the bluelot.

Look at your post number and then at your likes. Look at my post number and then my likes.

Baaaahahahaha!
Big deal....there is a trio here that likes every post made by the other two. You are way to hung up on likes. Doesn't mean you are a better poster than anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT