ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Talked to top WR target

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Spoke with Philadelphia (Pa.) Neumann-Goretti wide receiver Kevin Thomas and he told me that as of now the plan is to make a commitment July 31. He has a final five of West Virginia, Michigan State, Texas A&M, Florida and Nebraska and took official visits to see the Mountaineers (June 11-13) and Spartans (June 25-27). Told me that West Virginia is probably recruiting him the hardest and he basically talks to the entire coaching staff but especially with running backs coach Chad Scott, who he's known for a long time, and offensive coordinator Gerad Parker. He said that he really enjoyed his official visit to Morgantown being able to see it all for the first time and get to know some of the top recruits on campus. He also took an unofficial visit to Penn State this month and told me that he could take visits to Texas A&M and Nebraska in July, but isn't sure on dates yet. He also isn't ruling out the possibility of taking some official visits in the fall but is still sorting that out. Had some good things to say about all of his finalists and the common bond is that each of them have established a strong connection with him and have made him feel comfortable. Schools like his combination of size and speed and believe that he can be a difference maker at outside receiver. I'll have more in an article.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News