ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions

Dawg Eat Dawg

Senior
Feb 28, 2007
Headed to Morgantown this weekend from Kansas.Was wondering if any of you would make some recommendations on places to eat, things to do? Thanks. Looking forward to the trip.

Oliverio's is good Italian, but a bit upscale. There are a number of nice little places on High Street that have a variety of different kinds of food. Cooper's Rock a few miles east of Morgantown on I 68 has a terrific view. And there are plenty of good bars

I would suggest on Friday evening heading to Marios Fishbowl, the original one on Richwood Ave., for a frosty beer. Mario's has been around since 1949 and is a Motown classic! Downtown there is Rock Top Bar and Grill and Chic-n-Bones. Not sure how old you are but downtown will get very crowded after 9 p.m. when the students head out to party. If you are younger and want to hang with the crowd check out Joe Mamas on High Street or Bent Willeys on Chestnut Street.

There are also a couple of good choices in the Wharf District near downtown. There is Oliverios which has decent Italian and even better specialty dishes. My favorite is the Diablo. It is a seafood pasta with a spicy cream sauce. Delicious! Right next door to Oliverios is Mountain State Brewing. They feature home brews and wood fired pizza. All very good!

Not sure where you are staying but in Star City, a couple miles from the stadium, is Crocketts Lodge. Another local favorite that's been around nearly 30 years. In walking distance from the stadium is Keglers Sports Bar. Great wings and several TV's if you wanna catch College Gameday. And the waitresses are hot too! Up the road from there in the Suncrest Town Center is Tilted Kilt. It recently opened and is a sports bar that is known for it's scantily clad watiresses. Lots of different brews on tap here too.

I would recommend getting to the stadium parking lot at least a couple hours before kickoff. You are surely to have many WVU fans offering you beer and food. The weather is supposed to be really nice(mid 50's and dry) so the taiilgating will be great! I hope you enjoy your trip to Morgantown and come back again! Let's goooooooooooooo Mountaineers!

Originally posted by Dawg Eat Dawg:
Headed to Morgantown this weekend from Kansas.Was wondering if any of you would make some recommendations on places to eat, things to do? Thanks. Looking forward to the trip.
Coopers Rock is a must see.

Plenty of good places to eat, drink and be merry on High Street.

The Boston Beanery is always a good call near the stadium or the original on High Street.

Mario's Fishbowl has the coldest beer in town. It's a dive but a Morgantown tradition. Go to the original one on Richwood Avenue not the one on University Avenue.

704 Richwood Ave
Morgantown, WV 26505

Go tour both the hall of traditions early on gameday in the football facilities building and you can also tour the basketball hall of traditions in the lobby of the new practice facility behind the Coliseum.

Originally posted by WVRON:

I would suggest on Friday evening heading to Marios Fishbowl, the original one on Richwood Ave., for a frosty beer. Mario's has been around since 1949 and is a Motown classic! Downtown there is Rock Top Bar and Grill and Chic-n-Bones. Not sure how old you are but downtown will get very crowded after 9 p.m. when the students head out to party. If you are younger and want to hang with the crowd check out Joe Mamas on High Street or Bent Willeys on Chestnut Street.

There are also a couple of good choices in the Wharf District near downtown. There is Oliverios which has decent Italian and even better specialty dishes. My favorite is the Diablo. It is a seafood pasta with a spicy cream sauce. Delicious! Right next door to Oliverios is Mountain State Brewing. They feature home brews and wood fired pizza. All very good!

Not sure where you are staying but in Star City, a couple miles from the stadium, is Crocketts Lodge. Another local favorite that's been around nearly 30 years. In walking distance from the stadium is Keglers Sports Bar. Great wings and several TV's if you wanna catch College Gameday. And the waitresses are hot too! Up the road from there in the Suncrest Town Center is Tilted Kilt. It recently opened and is a sports bar that is known for it's scantily clad watiresses. Lots of different brews on tap here too.

I would recommend getting to the stadium parking lot at least a couple hours before kickoff. You are surely to have many WVU fans offering you beer and food. The weather is supposed to be really nice(mid 50's and dry) so the taiilgating will be great! I hope you enjoy your trip to Morgantown and come back again! Let's goooooooooooooo Mountaineers!
All excellent suggestions Ron.

Thanks Swami! Not knowing the age of people makes it a little more difficult to make suggestions. Of course I'm 47 and will hang anywhere that has cold beer! LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT