ADVERTISEMENT

Stole This From Another Board...

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
I owned a 75 Pinto. They fixed the exploding gas tank issues by that model.

I can’t disagree with the assessment of the state of the football program.

Holgorsen’s leftover house of cards crumbles to heap at Missouri

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/09/07/dana-holgorsen-leftover-house-of-cards-crumbles-at-missouri/

At least Rodriguez left Bill Stewart the keys to a luxury car. Holgorsen left Neal Brown with a 1975 Ford Pinto.

Holgorsen’s second-hand Pinto had its inevitable fender bender-turned-explosion at Missouri Saturday afternoon in a miserable 38-7 loss to the Tigers.

Pretty accurate analysis. Hence Buckaineer will be showing up to say it's wrong despite the glaring objective evidence to the contrary.

Surprised he hasn't been here. Maybe his alter ego took the day off.

64 yds rushing in 2 games is not Dana's fault! It's not like we played Alabama and Clemson is this 2 game stretch either! HCNB needs to stop 2 gap pulling his o-linemen. We aren't athletic enough upfront.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Agree in some ways Allen but I can’t embrace the narrative that there was little talent when DH left. Quite a few players left after Brown was hired. I admit I supported DH but I also know he wasn’t getting the most out of the program. However some of this has to be on Brown and decisions he’s made since he got hired. There is enough talent here to beat up A D1AA team and compete with Mizzo better than we did. Brown needs time but I can’t sign off on blaming DH for everything. Just my thoughts Allen.

Reactions: spreadoption
Complete bs article.

This is all on the new coaching staff.

Holgorsen never had .9 yds rushing per attempt, multiple ints, bad blocking , bad defense, etc etc.

He would have been competitive with the same players- plus the ones Brown pushed away.

A few years from now jokers like the @$$ who wrote that article will still be trying to blame the former coach who left as one of the winningest coaches in WVU history.

Jokers like the writer and some posters here are simply mad because what some of us told you would happen if DH were chased out is happening.

Pitiful.

Holgorsen’s leftover house of cards crumbles to heap at Missouri

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/09/07/dana-holgorsen-leftover-house-of-cards-crumbles-at-missouri/

At least Rodriguez left Bill Stewart the keys to a luxury car. Holgorsen left Neal Brown with a 1975 Ford Pinto.

Holgorsen’s second-hand Pinto had its inevitable fender bender-turned-explosion at Missouri Saturday afternoon in a miserable 38-7 loss to the Tigers.

Brown knew what talent there was to inherant.

He knew he wasn't being handed a contender.

Complete bs article.

Holgorsen never had .9 yds rushing per attempt, multiple ints, bad blocking , bad defense, etc etc.

He would have been competitive with the same players- plus the ones Brown pushed away.

A few years from now jokers like the @$$ who wrote that article will still be trying to blame the former coach who left as one of the winningest coaches in WVU history.

Jokers like the writer and some posters here are simply mad because what some of us told you would happen if DH were chased out is happening.

Pitiful.

I think that I was one of the more prominent DH supporters here but you are over the top.

Do you need to be reminded that DH left WVU for a new job? What was WVU suppose to do? Not hire a new coach?

You never know how a coach will turn out, but by any reasonable standard Brown was a good selection as a replacement.

Was there someone else you wanted to get hired besides Brown?

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Someone please explain why the new coaching staff hasn't fixed all these problems and made us a contender after two games??? The old coaching staff needs to be held to the same standards as the new one. They had 8 years to fix the problems and win a championship. If my memory serves me correctly, they did not and the performance was mediocre at best. Why would the AD continue in that direction?

Complete bs article.

Pitiful.
Dana Inherited Geno Smith, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey 3 players vastly better than what Brown inherited on offense.

Or is it a case of Brown not adapting his system to what he has to work with?
How are you going to implement your system if you're not running it? How are the players going get better at your system if they're not playing it. How are you going to recruit the type of players that can play it if they don't see you running it? Like it or not this team isn't has very little talent. Most of the experts saw it when they were picking this team to finish between 7th-9th in the big 12 this year. Obviously they had it right.

Reactions: steeleer
How are you going to implement your system if you're not running it? How are the players going get better at your system if they're not playing it. How are you going to recruit the type of players that can play it if they don't see you running it? Like it or not this team isn't has very little talent. Most of the experts saw it when they were picking this team to finish between 7th-9th in the big 12 this year. Obviously they had it right.

Improvise, adapt, and overcome....

What’s more important the system itself or the outcome?

Reactions: Kevin Haskins
We all knew how many key players we were losing last year. This was a rebuilding year no matter who the coach is. Now its also a rebuilding year and a newly implemented system on all sides of the ball. Our OL sucks plain and simple. We've watched them two weeks in a row get beat all game. Maybe Brown can scheme some better blocking but the bottom line is, the talent we have on the OL currently isnt as good as the talent JMU has on their DL, which means most teams we play this year would beat our guys on one to one matchups all game. We have some skill players for sure. But we dont have an OL or an experienced QB. Saban would even struggle with this OL and QB combo. We have some recruiting to do, and In will expect to see some juco OL coming in next year.

This staff better hit the recruiting trail hard. If we are still this bad next year or year 3, then hit the panic button. Kind of expected an off year, but was hoping for the best. The beat downs we take this year will make winning in years 3-4 that much better.

Reactions: Kevin Haskins
Jokers like the writer and some posters here are simply mad because what some of us told you would happen if DH were chased out is happenin

O little Bucky Wucky...the biggest problem with your tears in your beer is that DH should never have been hired at WVU to be "chased out". You are funny however. Clowns normally are.

I wouldnt say DH was chased out.

If he beats OK State last year and gets to B12 championship game he would have recieved the contract offer he wanted, or close to it.

His tenure here had run its course. It was the right time to move on.

The future was not about this year. Its hard to adapt when you having nothing to adapt with. No QB, No Oline play. This team has very little. Not sure what you were expecting.

Don’t believe that for a second. This lack of talent thing is pure crap.

I wouldnt say DH was chased out.

If he beats OK State last year and gets to B12 championship game he would have recieved the contract offer he wanted, or close to it.

His tenure here had run its course. It was the right time to move on.

I think that column nailed it on that count. If DH has the great season at WVU in 2018 he was aiming for then he gets an extension, which means he can rid out the bad 2019 season that he knew was coming. But since 2018 turned out nothing like expectations, DH knew 2019 would be the last year on his contract and that 2019 would be bad for WVU and that thus, WVU would let DH go after 2019, and without having to pay a buyout.

Thus, DH knew he was going to have to leave involuntarily after 2019 so he preemptively left after 2018. They can talk about how Houston is pouring all this money into their program all they want but the bottom line is, all things being equal, any coach would rather be at WVU than at Houston.

Look at it this way. Suppose DH left WVU after 2018 for somewhere other than Houston. And both WVU and Houston needed a coach. And both tried to get Neal Brown. Which one would Neal Brown choose? That's a no brainer. He'd choose WVU.

Reactions: WVU80ate
I think that column nailed it on that count. If DH has the great season at WVU in 2018 he was aiming for then he gets an extension, which means he can rid out the bad 2019 season that he knew was coming. But since 2018 turned out nothing like expectations, DH knew 2019 would be the last year on his contract and that 2019 would be bad for WVU and that thus, WVU would let DH go after 2019, and without having to pay a buyout.

Thus, DH knew he was going to have to leave involuntarily after 2019 so he preemptively left after 2018. They can talk about how Houston is pouring all this money into their program all they want but the bottom line is, all things being equal, any coach would rather be at WVU than at Houston.

Look at it this way. Suppose DH left WVU after 2018 for somewhere other than Houston. And both WVU and Houston needed a coach. And both tried to get Neal Brown. Which one would Neal Brown choose? That's a no brainer. He'd choose WVU.

Not sure...when the money is the same I think DH prefers Houston. He'd be the exception though.

It was a good choice for him. He did enough at WVU to sell himself on and if he rolls at Houston he will be back in the mix for a big job.

..if not, hes got $20 million new dollars pouring into his account.

Imo, DH did a better job than Kliff Kingsbury and look where he landed.

His success with offense pretty much secures him at least an OC position well into the future.

Don’t believe that for a second. This lack of talent thing is pure crap.
When brown 1st got here he stated the offensive line talent was thin. Lyons tried to warn people about expecting too much to soon. The boys in Vegas only had us a 7 point favorite against JMU. Obviously they didn't think we have much. The talking heads predicted us to finish between 7-9 in the conference this year. They didn't see much either. DH wasn't wasn't sticking around to find out what happened so he wasn't so confident. Why don't you listen to the people on the outside. Most of the time they see you for what you are.

Yet under Holgorsen, they would have contended.

Now, lucky to get another win.

304, you're so dumb. You claimed that WVU basketball would be in the final 4. Who would have been Holgorsens QB? Allison. The guys a statue. Lowe? He couldn't make it past 4th string. Holgs couldn't get out fast enough as he knew 2019 was going to be another 2013 season.

If Holgorsen stayed this year he would have been gone at the end of the season and would be an analyst for ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT