ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier is Available....Go Get Him! *

So playing Louisville and Pitt next year with hopefully a third P5 or an upper level G5 coming to the Joan is not upgrading the schedule????

I mean this year we would have been playing in Morgantown if Luck continued the series. But nope he bitched out and scheduled Liberty instead

So playing Louisville and Pitt next year with hopefully a third P5 or an upper level G5 coming to the Joan is not upgrading the schedule????

I mean this year we would have been playing in Morgantown if Luck continued the series. But nope he bitched out and scheduled Liberty instead

WVU please play us home and home so we can sell your fans season tickets and fill our stadium one time every other year!!! You guys are comedy central!!!

Considering, some of the biggest selling games in Puskar had Marshall on the field, I guess the feeling is reciprocal

Considering, some of the biggest selling games in Puskar had Marshall on the field, I guess the feeling is reciprocal
HAHAHAHAHAHA...playing mooU increases WVU season ticket sells!!!!! That right there is comic gold!!!

I suppose that depends on how wide a net you cast with that "some of the biggest selling games" comment. I've probably personally been to 20 or more games there with bigger crowds, and also games where the scalpers were charging WAY more for tickets.

Last two games in Morgantown didn't have a lot of green in the seats. WAY bigger crowds and especially ticket demand for Louisville back when they were top 10, VT, Auburn, LSU, Miami back in the day, first Big XII game at home with Baylor, Texas, OK, etc. etc.

Having Marshall there really didn't increase sales at all ... It only seemed like it to you because you aren't used to seeing a full stadium.

I suppose that depends on how wide a net you cast with that "some of the biggest selling games" comment. I've probably personally been to 20 or more games there with bigger crowds, and also games where the scalpers were charging WAY more for tickets.

Last two games in Morgantown didn't have a lot of green in the seats. WAY bigger crowds and especially ticket demand for Louisville back when they were top 10, VT, Auburn, LSU, Miami back in the day, first Big XII game at home with Baylor, Texas, OK, etc. etc.

Having Marshall there really didn't increase sales at all ... It only seemed like it to you because you aren't used to seeing a full stadium.
What was the "announced" crowd for the Liberty clash?

Plus, we didn't give anyone else near the share of tickets that we gave Marshall, or the return games, so we were losing money by playing Marshall. Even a one and done IAA netted us a bigger return than playing Marshall...

What was the "announced" crowd for the Liberty clash?

I'm not sure ... are you saying you'd out-draw Liberty? Out-sell the visiting team tickets?

Somebody claims that our biggest crowds were Marshall and you counter by using Liberty as your measuring stick? That seems about right actually. You know better than to try to back the OP's claim of "biggest sellers ever".

I will tell you this ... There were more Liberty fans there than there were Marshall fans the last time you guys came to Morgantown.

I'm not sure ... are you saying you'd out-draw Liberty? Out-sell the visiting team tickets?

Somebody claims that our biggest crowds were Marshall and you counter by using Liberty as your measuring stick? That seems about right actually. You know better than to try to back the OP's claim of "biggest sellers ever".

I will tell you this ... There were more Liberty fans there than there were Marshall fans the last time you guys came to Morgantown.
I'm saying we will outdraw any OOC team on your current slate.

Would you out draw any team by enough to account for an increased share of tickets and return home games? We draw almost as much to play IAA teams in the first game of the season, so I think we both know the answer...

Again, that's a bold statement to make given the attendance at the last game in Morgantown.

Next year we have Missouri (don't think you'd outdraw that one), Youngstown St. (I'm guessing they'll bring more than you did last time), and BYU at a neutral site (Landover, MD) (you wouldn't outdraw that one.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT