ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Statement from Shane Lyons

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
I want to thank Kerry Martin for having the courage to bring his concerns to light. We will not tolerate any form of racism, discrimination or bias on our campus, including our athletic programs. Coach Vic Koenning has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately, and the department will work with the appropriate parties to conduct a thorough investigation into these allegations. This is serious, and we will act appropriately and in the best interests of our student-athletes."

- WVU Director of Athletics Shane Lyons.

Shane will push for Vic to resign instead of telling everyone to handle it in person and just because you have different political beliefs, it doesn’t make a coach have a “slave owners mentality”.

Shane will push for Vic to resign instead of telling everyone to handle it in person and just because you have different political beliefs, it doesn’t make a coach have a “slave owners mentality”.

It's time for a bunch of us donors to pull our checks and endowments and put sports back in its correct place in the world of academics. So disappointed in Shane's statement. More inmates running the asylum.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
It's time for a bunch of us donors to pull our checks and endowments and put sports back in its correct place in the world of academics. So disappointed in Shane's statement. More inmates running the asylum.

They are really going to miss your few dollars.

I become less interested in sports more by the day, especially college sports. College sports are no longer about academic institutions. It’s about who can churn out the most money while bending/breaking the rules.

I become less interested in sports more by the day, especially college sports. College sports are no longer about academic institutions. It’s about who can churn out the most money while bending/breaking the rules.
Bingo.

Unfortunately this dustup is all about the newest...all encompassing...witch hunt...social media post frenzy ...that uses the old reliable racist word to garner attention and gain contol. Martin should go play for the people's university of chop in Seattle. Lyons would be a perfect fit for AD there too.

I’m sorry but this sounds like what happened at Okie Lite. Both instances started with coaches that are Trump supporters. Then the players in question built a pile of fluff to pump up the accusations. Nothing he said was racist. If you are trying to find cultural sensitivity, I would not begin that search with a DC on a college football team.
If Lyons fires Vic, there will be far reaching consequences. Lyons will be gone before the season is over if pulls this. Guaranteed.

I’m sorry but this sounds like what happened at Okie Lite. Both instances started with coaches that are Trump supporters. Then the players in question built a pile of fluff to pump up the accusations. Nothing he said was racist. If you are trying to find cultural sensitivity, I would not begin that search with a DC on a college football team.
If Lyons fires Vic, there will be far reaching consequences. Lyons will be gone before the season is over if pulls this. Guaranteed.
I can’t wait until Trump easily wins his second term and all the little snowflakes are lost looking for acceptance

I want to thank Kerry Martin for having the courage to bring his concerns to light. We will not tolerate any form of racism, discrimination or bias on our campus, including our athletic programs. Coach Vic Koenning has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately, and the department will work with the appropriate parties to conduct a thorough investigation into these allegations. This is serious, and we will act appropriately and in the best interests of our student-athletes."

- WVU Director of Athletics Shane Lyons.
He says “...this is serious, and we will act appropriately...“ yet I have not seen any notation of what “THIS” is or represents.

An awful lot of black players have passed through WVU....and suddenly....

Social media crap is ruining the country...along with the host of grievance of the moment movements.

Plus the system is rigged. While WVU staff works their ass off recruiting SEC programs deliver bags of money to high school families. Hoops is worse.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Maybe the problem is you and not them.

Maybe you are the one who needs to stop getting so caught up in politics.
Truthfully this really has nothing to do with politics from what I hear. It is blaming blacks for all the riots and looting.
That is what some players perceived.

More bullshit and propaganda.

I truthfully don't care who gets elected. Like I said I am voting for myself.

Some people need to turn down the political bullshit

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I have no living family and therefore had left my estate to WVU in my will. I'm in the process of deleting them from it now and will look for a deserving beneficiary.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Maybe the problem is you and not them.

Maybe you are the one who needs to stop getting so caught up in politics.
Truthfully this really has nothing to do with politics from what I hear. It is blaming blacks for all the riots and looting.
That is what some players perceived.

More bullshit and propaganda.

I truthfully don't care who gets elected. Like I said I am voting for myself.

Some people need to turn down the political bullshit

tenor.gif

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT