ADVERTISEMENT

Sportswriting career won't leave my analytical mind

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
I was paid to watch and analyze sports for 15 years by the Williamson Daily News, Charleston Daily Mail, St. Petersburg Time and Dayton Daily News. Even today, decades later, I watch sports with an analytical mind, rather than a cheering fan (oh, I cheer for WVU, but I can't help analyzing).

It makes me see things that rabid fans miss. I watch defensive alignments against the offense throughout the game, looking for shifts from 3-man fronts to 2 linebackers shooting into the backfield from both edges. I've often been thanks for giving some fans insights they missed when they watched the same game.

This WVU team has the talent ... in their bodies ... but they need the talent in their heads.

Brain and body must be on the same page.

College basketball today is like being in a Ferrari going 130 mph and trying to fling the basketball into a hoop that's blurry to you on somebody's driveway.

No game plan or play diagrams in their heads, like in football. Just fling it and pray, wing it and pray.

It's a miracle no one has broken their neck slamming in the backboard supports they don't see!

I still look forward to watching EVERY game by my alma mater, but 15 years of being paid to watch sports by the Williamson Daily News, Charleston Daily Mail, Dayton Daily News and St. Petersburg times turned me into analytical, even to this day.

It has been drilled into my brain.

I was paid to watch and analyze sports for 15 years by the Williamson Daily News, Charleston Daily Mail, St. Petersburg Time and Dayton Daily News. Even today, decades later, I watch sports with an analytical mind, rather than a cheering fan (oh, I cheer for WVU, but I can't help analyzing).

It makes me see things that rabid fans miss. I watch defensive alignments against the offense throughout the game, looking for shifts from 3-man fronts to 2 linebackers shooting into the backfield from both edges. I've often been thanks for giving some fans insights they missed when they watched the same game.

This WVU team has the talent ... in their bodies ... but they need the talent in their heads.

College basketball today is like being in a Ferrari going 130 mph and trying to fling the basketball into a hoop that's blurry to you on somebody's driveway.

No game plan or play diagrams in their heads, like in football. Just fling it and pray, wing it and pray.

It's a miracle no one has broken their neck slamming in the backboard supports they don't see!

I still look forward to watching EVERY game by my alma mater, but 15 years of being paid to watch sports by the Williamson Daily News, Charleston Daily Mail, Dayton Daily News and St. Petersburg times turned me into analytical, even to this day.

You don't have an analytical mind. The analytical mind would tell you there is nothing special about Wvu's basketball team that only exists in the minds of the delusional. The analytical mind would tell you there is no chance that every team in the Big 12 makes the tourney especially this one. The analytical mind would tell you that you're nothing but a lonely man seeking attention on a message board. Find something else to do with your time. You spend too much time cluttering up this board with useless information.

🤡

You don't have an analytical mind. The analytical mind would tell you there is nothing special about Wvu's basketball team that only exists in the minds of the delusional. The analytical mind would tell you there is no chance that every team in the Big 12 makes the tourney especially this one. The analytical mind would tell you that you're nothing but a lonely man seeking attention on a message board. Find something else to do with your time. You spend too much time cluttering up this board with useless information.

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION. EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE WRONG. MY ANALYTICAL MIND SEES THAT. AND EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO POST WITHOUT BEING NASTY, RIGHT? EVEN THOUGH WE DISAGREE WITH.

Sportswriters...the dunces of the media world, and held in lowest regard by other journalists. Sounds about right.

Analytics? "How'd you feel when you scored the winning basket?" "What did the coach say to y'all at halftime?"
"Are you happy with the 0-12 start?" etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steak Sub
CFE I appreciate finding purpose, but this is annoying. Do what you love to do, but why instigate? It makes you no better than most of these guys.

There is enough trash on this board. Don't add to it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Writers do not have analytical minds.

The researchers found that while many narcissists may perceive themselves as highly intelligent, critical thinkers, they are less likely to use important reflective thinking strategies when solving problems, Therefore, the high levels of confidence they have in their intellectual abilities are often misplaced.

Psychologist believes your type is more likely a Narcissist.

Common Narcissist Characteristics
  • Inflated Ego.
  • Lack of Empathy.
  • Need for Attention.
  • Repressed Insecurities.
  • Few Boundaries.
Seems you're more of a Narcissist than analytical.

CFE I appreciate finding purpose, but this is annoying. Do what you love to do, but why instigate? It makes you no better than most of these guys.

There is enough trash on this board. Don't add to it.
Trash...or whiny bitches like you.

Trash...or whiny bitches like you.
I'm offended. Did you think I was referring to you when I used the word "trash?"

That is patently false. I literally don't think about you or your stupid shit enough to even warrant a reference to begin with.

I'm offended. Did you think I was referring to you when I used the word "trash?"

That is patently false. I literally don't think about you or your stupid shit enough to even warrant a reference to begin with.
But yet here you are posting about me....seems to go against what you just typed?

Expected of a low iq whiny bitch like you.

IF IT'S USELESS INFORMATION THEN WHY DO YOU READ AND RESPOND TO IT?

Freud said:
Being insulted made people more likely to demean others.

Renown physiciatrists say:

people are mean to others in order to feel better about themselves.
degrading others can have a positive impact on self-esteem and feelings of positivity being insulted made people more likely to demean others.

FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF WHEN YOU INSULT ME, DO YOU. TEXTBOOK CASE.

Lol, analytical brain.

You spent your sorry career watching a sports game and then writing about what you just watched.

Can a job get anymore low level?

Reactions: GhostofGraves
Lol, analytical brain.

You spent your sorry career watching a sports game and then writing about what you just watched.

Spot on. There is a reason they are called "reporters"...they simply report what other people did. No thinking involved. Even other journalists, a profession of dullards, consider sportswriters the bottom of the barrel.

Lol, analytical brain.

Freud said:

degrading others can have a positive impact on self-esteem and feelings of positivity

being insulted made people more likely to demean others.

Freud said:

degrading others can have a positive impact on self-esteem and feelings of positivity

being insulted made people more likely to demean others.

What did he say about narcissists who have no self-awareness?

In your extreme old age, you've never confronted the fact that you're an egotist who is extremely unlikeable?

Has your "analytical mind" ever diagnosed why your cohorts, who should be your friends....find you a totally awful person?

Why can't your analytical mind process the fact that the people who should adore you, reject you with the most veracity?

You are an unlikeable dolt. No one cares about your sorry career that you discuss constantly.

Last edited:

Freud said:

degrading others can have a positive impact on self-esteem and feelings of positivity being insulted made people more likely to demean others.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is a physiciatrist?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is a physiciatrist?

So my fingers hit a few wrong keys and that's your only response to an intelligent post?

Why do you insist on showing everyone that I am right and you are wrong?

Freud said:

Actually Psychologists say that people start being mean to other people when they are angry, sad or hurt or when they were treated poorly by others.

So my fingers hit a few wrong keys and that's your only response to an intelligent post?

You can't write a complete paragraph without stumbling and fumbling words, grammar and structure...unless you cut and paste and steal it from some other person's published material. Btw: you are an expert thief and narcissistic blowhard however.

Reactions: KingCoal

Sorry, I missed the intelligent post. Where was it?

You can't write a complete paragraph without stumbling and fumbling words, grammar and structure...unless you cut and paste and steal it from some other person's published material. Btw: you are an expert thief and narcissistic blowhard however.

AND EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SEES HOW OBSESSED YOU ARE WITH ME, NO MATTER WHAT I POST. WHEN I SAY POSITIVES ABOUT WVU YOU JUMP ON IT. IF WVU LOSES YOUR FIRST THOUGHT IT TO ATTACK ME INSTEAD OF MOANING WVU'S LOSS. PATHETIC. I OWE YOU! KEEP RESPONDING AND OTHER POSTS WILL SEE HOW OBSESSED YOU ARE WITH ME. GET A LIFE!

AND EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SEES HOW OBSESSED YOU ARE WITH ME, NO MATTER WHAT I POST. WHEN I SAY POSITIVES ABOUT WVU YOU JUMP ON IT. IF WVU LOSES YOUR FIRST THOUGHT IT TO ATTACK ME INSTEAD OF MOANING WVU'S LOSS. PATHETIC. I OWE YOU! KEEP RESPONDING AND OTHER POSTS WILL SEE HOW OBSESSED YOU ARE WITH ME. GET A LIFE!
Since you insist.

CFE = Fraud. Fake. Blowhard. Clown

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT