ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke to top CB target ahead of announcement

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage athlete Jacolby Spells told me that he will announce his decision July 4 between West Virginia, Miami and Indiana. He told me that he hasn't yet made up his mind, but understands that it's getting close to the decision date. Spells picked those three schools because he felt great on campus of all three and believes he can play at each of those programs. All of the schools are recruiting him at cornerback. Here is what he said about each.

West Virginia: “I love the coaches. They’re great. They’ve always been checking on me and seeing how everything is going and telling me how I’m a priority on the team and can really fit in there."

Miami: “I grew up a Miami fan and being from down there it’s close to home and I wouldn’t have to go too far. I love coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson).”

Indiana: “I loved Indiana and they have (Trevell) Mullen and me and him have been playing ball together. Seeing him go up and do his thing makes me think if he can do it, why not me?”

He told me that his eventual decision is going to come down to a feeling and right now the plan is to announce on social media but he has not yet determined a time. He said that he will pick the place that he believes has the best relationship with both him and his mom. Distance will not be a factor.

“And I want to go somewhere I can make my own legacy so I can make a big name for myself. Somewhere I can feel at home.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News