ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke to QB prospect that visited

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Maiden (N.C.) quarterback Caleb Farley told me that he hadn't really heard a lot from West Virginia prior to his offer from Virginia Tech but the Mountaineers had been in close contact since then with former wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway and offensive coordinator Joe Wickline leading the charge. Farley visited Morgantown for the junior day event and told me he was very impressed with the facilities as well as the way the coaching staff treated him while he was on campus. Farley has several offers with Virginia Tech and Wake Forest representing the power five ones at this stage and while he hasn't received one from West Virginia yet, the coaches have been in touch. He told me that he plans to keep the Mountaineers on his radar moving forward and if things progress more he will be even more open to considering them. Farley is being recruited as both a quarterback and an athlete by schools and West Virginia is one of those that envisions him more in the athlete role to start out. I'll have more in an article but Farley told me he plans on coming back for a visit as well as taking trips to Georgia Tech and Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News