ADVERTISEMENT

SP+ projections for WVU/BIG 12

I believe the new OC will be good for at least two wins above projection. I also believe the more experience gained by the offensive line will help a lot as well. Not to mention the quarterback will be more than a statue back there and honestly the running backs will be better than Leddie. it seems Leddie became shell shocked last year and gave up.

Have to hope that a freshman QB is able to produce or a couple of guys with extremely limited playing time.

I believe the new OC will be good for at least two wins above projection. I also believe the more experience gained by the offensive line will help a lot as well. Not to mention the quarterback will be more than a statue back there and honestly the running backs will be better than Leddie. it seems Leddie became shell shocked last year and gave up.
Why will the new OC be a game changer? Who will be this game changing QB? Why will the no name running back by committee be better than Leddie?

Reactions: pressvirginia
Why will the new OC be a game changer? Who will be this game changing QB? Why will the no name running back by committee be better than Leddie?
I believe his track record of producing a good offense is evident. He is not stuck in slow motion it seems. It will also be different for the league as I think r saw little difference in Holgs and Browns systems.

the new QB- whichever one wins will be developed by a better qb coach. That is pretty evident

just from watching, leddie seemed to predictable in his runs, whether that was him or the offense,!it was predictable. I think a new run game is going to help the kids who have been behind leddie!

my opinion and we will see soon.

I believe his track record of producing a good offense is evident. He is not stuck in slow motion it seems. It will also be different for the league as I think r saw little difference in Holgs and Browns systems.

the new QB- whichever one wins will be developed by a better qb coach. That is pretty evident

just from watching, leddie seemed to predictable in his runs, whether that was him or the offense,!it was predictable. I think a new run game is going to help the kids who have been behind leddie!

my opinion and we will see soon.
You use evident a lot lol.

Its a shame an extension was made that will have to be bought out with some of the large sums WVU earns from the B12, NCAA and fans and donors. Luckily they arent in the Big East and make about $100,000,000 per year every year currently.

Reactions: pressvirginia
Quite sure I’m far more knowledgeable than you- Mr 8 win avg bad, 5 win losing seasons good.
mr 2-5 in bowl games. Only won one bowl game with a team he recruited. He didn't average 8 wins a season and if you ask a big time program there is nothing great about an 8 win average. The goal is to win championships and that clown came nowhere close to that.

Quite sure I’m far more knowledgeable than you- Mr 8 win avg bad, 5 win losing seasons good.
You post every stupid article about expansion and long term projections. The very fact that Texas is picked to finish high should tell you something about the quality of this garbage article.

Neal Brown hasn't won a bowl game with a team "he recruited".

WVU 70 Clemson 33. Dana Holgorsen won as many bowl games as every coach EVER at WVU except Don Nehlen. And he won more than Brown has. And his wins weren't eked out against a G5 squad.

Brown can barely get WVU into a bowl, whereas Dana Holgorsen had WVU 4 pts from a BIG 12 CCG and likely major bowl berth.

But like I said, some people want to sell that 5 wins is better than 7,8,10 win seasons. Don't think even they actually believe that, but can't admit how wrong they've been so keep trying to sell that bunk.

Last edited:
SP+ projections play directly into who is ranked pre season and during the season and into the post season. The BIG 12 is going through actual expansion and change, as is much of college football. This is a message board to discuss the reality of WVU athletics.

Unfortunately here, we have a few narcissistic trolls who ONLY post to attack other posters who are actually posting about information related to WVU, its conference and future. Don't have anything else to add to anything but sorry b.s.

What a sad sack of moron.

Holgorsen got WVU farther than all but a very few coaches in his league at WVU.

Brown- always love his fanboys celebrating his five win seasons and declaring how great he is LMAO.

SP+ projections play directly into who is ranked pre season and during the season and into the post season. The BIG 12 is going through actual expansion and change, as is much of college football. This is a message board to discuss the reality of WVU athletics.

Unfortunately here, we have a few narcissistic trolls who ONLY post to attack other posters who are actually posting about information related to WVU, its conference and future. Don't have anything else to add to anything but sorry b.s.

What a sad sack of moron.
Where was Iowa State and Texas supposed to finish last season? Where was Baylor supposed to finish.? Take care of business and you get rewarded. Only a sad sack of moron would be posting projections before spring practice. I guess the same sad sack that posts expansion articles from the national enquirer.

Reactions: Euell
Holgorsen got WVU farther than all but a very few coaches in his league at WVU.

Brown- always love his fanboys celebrating his five win seasons and declaring how great he is LMAO.
Holgorsen was terrible second losingest coach of all time at wvu. Where does his winning % rank compared to other wvu coach's.

Good old Dana...take away his first-year team that he got from Stewart and he was 1-5 in Bowl Games and a whopping 51-38....the highest he ever finished here was 17th in all his years...put him in the Hall of Fame with those numbers.

Now he was 61-41 overall here...let's look at some of those wins.....

Had wins over:
Marshall twice
Norfolk State
Bowling Green
James Madison
William & Mary
Georgia State
Townson
Georgia Southern
Liberty
Youngstown State twice
Delaware State

Never mind playing Kansas 7 times as well...which he lost to the 3-9 Jayhawks in 2013. Good times!

Take out the cupcake wins and old cokehead is barely a .500 coach at WVU...

Bucky...if you want to blow a coach, I would find a better one than Dana...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Where was Iowa State and Texas supposed to finish last season? Where was Baylor supposed to finish.? Take care of business and you get rewarded. Only a sad sack of moron would be posting projections before spring practice. I guess the same sad sack that posts expansion articles from the national enquirer.
This is a message board for discussion- therefore when news that will affect WVU all year long comes up, it will be discussed, rather than simply watching you whiny trolls defend the crappy football/ basketball situations and try to chase off anyone that disagrees. Also notice you left off where was WVU supposed to be last year- and Brown failed miserably at reaching that mark too.

Last edited:
Holgorsen was terrible second losingest coach of all time at wvu. Where does his winning % rank compared to other wvu coach's.
Don Nehlen had the most losses in WVU history by a wide margin. According to you he was therefore a terrible coach.

Lying about Holgorsen, putting down his second best ever at WVU achievements- and yet the “ savior” Brown is still looking up a mountain to try to achieve what Holgorsen actually did at WVU.

Last year Brown was projected by the pundits to win 8 games. Morons here were claiming he would win 9.

If the pundits think hell be in 9th place this year theres just as good of a chance last place is the landing spot as anything else.

The athletic department must at least be working on buyout plans because if the O coordinator change pushed on Brown doesnt work then change will be necessary.

Last edited:
Don Nehlen had the most losses in WVU history by a wide margin. According to you he was therefore a terrible coach.
Don Nehlen coached more seasons and had a higher winning % than old coke head Dana. 16 of the 35 men who have been head coach's for wvu had a Higher winning % than your messiah. Holgorsen was the patron saint of mediocrity at wvu.

This is a message board for discussion- therefore when news that will affect WVU all year long comes up, it will be discussed, rather than simply watching you whiny trolls defend the crappy football/ basketball situations and try to chase off anyone that disagrees. Also notice you left off where was WVU supposed to be last year- and Brown failed miserably at reaching that mark too.
The article you posted is not news. It has no effect on wvu. It's a simple opinion piece nothing more. You need to start learning the difference between an article that states opinion as to one that states facts.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
The article you posted is not news. It has no effect on wvu. It's a simple opinion piece nothing more. You need to start learning the difference between an article that states opinion as to one that states facts.
It’s news that directly affects WVU. It will be used in rankings and tv placement during the next season. It will affect recruiting, donations, and eventually peoples jobs. What’s NOT news is you whining and trolling every time someone posts facts that don’t paint your bs in a good light.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT