ADVERTISEMENT

Somewhat OT but not really - Darris inks another top guard at UF

KeatonsCorner

All-American
Nov 5, 2012
our former PG is building his recruiting resume as an assistant in recent classes.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ur-star-guard-tre-mann-commits-florida-gators

I think that if WVU is seriously going to look towards the program's future past Bob Huggins, our AD needs to do something to bring Darris home.

I know the ESPN article cites the head coach Mike White being "the factor" here, and the recruit backs it up with his own words......... but also Darris is (obviously) in charge of recruiting guards for UF, so he laid the groundwork

UF guard signings under Nichols:

this kid - top 50
2018 - top 50 PG, top 100 SG
2017 - top 100 SG, unranked 4 star SG
2016 - unranked 3 star PG

our former PG is building his recruiting resume as an assistant in recent classes.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ur-star-guard-tre-mann-commits-florida-gators

I think that if WVU is seriously going to look towards the program's future past Bob Huggins, our AD needs to do something to bring Darris home.

I know the ESPN article cites the head coach Mike White being "the factor" here, and the recruit backs it up with his own words......... but also Darris is (obviously) in charge of recruiting guards for UF, so he laid the groundwork

this kid - top 50
Florida is a pretty good basketball school so it's not like he's recruiting for Northwestern.

this kid - top 50

There are several former players coaching, but you are correct. Plans, discussions and relationships need to be happening and building.

Glad to see him doing well there. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but if it's not in the cards, I hope he excels wherever he lands.

I didn't see Darris' name in the article. If he ends up at WVU I would like for him to have some head coaching experience on his resume.

"Mann said Florida head coach Mike White stood out to him.

Scout's Take: Florida adds guard Tre Mann
The ESPN 100 prospect is a perfect fit for Mike White's wide-open offense.

"Every time I looked up, Coach Mike White was at one of my games. He recruited me real hard. He told me he would not let me fail, that impressed me," Mann told ESPN."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT