ADVERTISEMENT

Someone more in the know tell me about Jimbo Fisher and aTm.

Op2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2014
I would have thought FSU was higher up in the pecking order and that a coach wouldn't leave there for aTm unless they thought they would soon be fired by FSU anyway, which Fisher wouldn't be. What am I missed? Has the pecking order changed and now aTm is above FSU?

Reactions: FSUFreak1999
It feels like Jimbo is trying to get the heck out of dodge before being busted for something. While he might be a West Virginian, he still has scum bag written all over him. Not Louisville levels of scum, more like Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer.

I know a friend of his that has been close to him for over 30 years. This is 2nd hand info but it was what I was told a couple weeks back. The simple truth is there are a lot of factors, but I'll spell out a few mentioned to me.

1st he reportedly had had it with Tallahassee. The facilities there are not that great. They have No IPF. He makes $5.7 million at FSU. At A&uM he gets 10 years at $75 million base and they have better facilities and more $$$$$ for staff. There is also a $3 million+ signing bonus. He will buy some 1000 acre ranch in Texas.

Jimbo has been at FSU total over 10 years. There is fatigue about anywhere that long in that pressure cooker. He won them a NC and didn't get a contract extension immediately. That stuff rubs on people in those positions. They remember. It's why I think Malzagn after a Saturday loss in the SEC Title Game will be in Fayetteville by Sunday to go Pig Suey (Auburn took away his play calling last year and didn't extend his contract) and dump War Eagle.

Fans are fickle. He loses a qb in game 1-FSU will likely finish 6-6 and they treat him like he can't coach. Look at his record vs Miami and FL and the fans still aren't satisfied. That is just another factor.

Don't forget Jimbo was going through a divorce a year ago or he would have probably been in Baton Rouge. A divorce alone can cause some to want to relocate. Add it all up and it makes sense.

I would have thought FSU was higher up in the pecking order and that a coach wouldn't leave there for aTm unless they thought they would soon be fired by FSU anyway, which Fisher wouldn't be. What am I missed? Has the pecking order changed and now aTm is above FSU?

SEC > ACC

I know a friend of his that has been close to him for over 30 years. This is 2nd hand info but it was what I was told a couple weeks back. The simple truth is there are a lot of factors, but I'll spell out a few mentioned to me.

1st he reportedly had had it with Tallahassee. The facilities there are not that great. They have No IPF. He makes $5.7 million at FSU. At A&uM he gets 10 years at $75 million base and they have better facilities and more $$$$$ for staff. There is also a $3 million+ signing bonus. He will buy some 1000 acre ranch in Texas.

Jimbo has been at FSU total over 10 years. There is fatigue about anywhere that long in that pressure cooker. He won them a NC and didn't get a contract extension immediately. That stuff rubs on people in those positions. They remember. It's why I think Malzagn after a Saturday loss in the SEC Title Game will be in Fayetteville by Sunday to go Pig Suey (Auburn took away his play calling last year and didn't extend his contract) and dump War Eagle.

Fans are fickle. He loses a qb in game 1-FSU will likely finish 6-6 and they treat him like he can't coach. Look at his record vs Miami and FL and the fans still aren't satisfied. That is just another factor.

Don't forget Jimbo was going through a divorce a year ago or he would have probably been in Baton Rouge. A divorce alone can cause some to want to relocate. Add it all up and it makes sense.

They just opened a brand new IPF in 2013

They just opened a brand new IPF in 2013
OK. I don't know their facilities. I guess they do. He mentioned facilities and I assumed IPF.

In any case, I'm just repeating what the guy who is an acquaintance of me who knows him (& has since Salem days) told me and he mentioned most of this to me the Monday after Jimbo had the famed confrontation with FSU fan following a loss that played on TV so much. The guy was there on the sidelines when it happened. I ask him how the game was and he gave me what he thought/knew about the situation then.

Facilities are relevant to where you are at.
Meaning that Florida St has to compete with the Florida facilities and Miami facilities.
Both are lacking behind the SEC West, Texas and Oklahoma.
Georgia's facilities are not anything to brag about.

Jimbo Fisher has positioned himself to compete with 4 of the Top 8 schools revenue wise. A&M is one the top revenue schools but it is on the lower end of the Top 8 because the donations given for stadium renovations are no longer counted.

LSU and UT are laughing at this hire.
The person who many in this part of the country was scared of was Gary Kubiak.
Fisher will learn some Texas rules very quick and might crawl back to Tallahassee in three years.

Welcome to the big leagues where only national championships matter.

College sports are a money grab thing. See more money. Grab at it. That's why ole Warez will never grace the turnstiles again at any stadium. I promise you I will never sit in the 199 row watching the midgets on the field again. I will watch the Mountaineers on my HDTV with PIP and allow myself to be entertained while I sit in my living room eating Chinese delivery with the HVAC keeping things comfortable. I won't give an athletic program a single dollar no matter the institution. Enough is enough! Warez

They have always been in front of Florida St.
The difference is that A&M believes they have removed themselves from Texas' shadow.
Whoever controls Texas is the top job in College Football.

Problem of A&M is that UT was not wanted in the SEC by Bama because they are the Lord of the Manor in Texas and it took Alabama 100 years to beat Texas once.
A&M is being brought up to neutralize Texas and make Texas more like Florida or even Georgia.

Everything around A&M is the issue. Texas doesn't have to worry about LSU. A&M does. LSU has won every game since Aggy went to the SEC and there is no reason why this will not continue.

Quick overview of A&M. They claim because they were a small MILITARY school they couldn't compete. They never were a military school. They are a SMC very much like Virginia Tech. Funny this is Army and Navy won in the beginning of college football as an actual military school.
They claim facilities and lack of cash. Aggy has been throwing money at their facilities at the same rate as other colleges.
Now they claim they never have had a coach who took advantage of their recruiting resources.
Google Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings, Emory Ballard, Jackie Sherill, RC Slocum, Dennis Franchione and finally Kevin Sumlin.

Here is the history of Texas A&M University- A well
Researched and informative website
http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

jimbo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterDragon 1970
The alternate reality of Ole Miss and LSU joining the Southwest Conference when it was formed in the early 1900's by making that trip to Dallas might become the actual reality of CFB in the near future.

In 15 years when CFB decides once and for all the conference alignment most of the country will be in disbelief of the changes.

Florida St does not have the facilities on par with A&M. Florida St is actually not as advanced with their facilities in general. They don't have quite the money that most people think they do. Jimbo was also promised facility upgrades in the past, and they haven't come to fruition.

The difference is that A&M believes they have removed themselves from Texas' shadow.

Problem of A&M is that UT was not wanted in the SEC by Bama because they are the Lord of the Manor in Texas and it took Alabama 100 years to beat Texas once.
A&M is being brought up to neutralize Texas and make Texas more like Florida or even Georgia.

Everything around A&M is the issue. Texas doesn't have to worry about LSU. A&M does. LSU has won every game since Aggy went to the SEC and there is no reason why this will not continue.

A&M above FSU LOL. It’s official now. You literally don’t know shit about college football.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
College Station is worse than a hicktown it is rural suburbia.

Maybe 20 years ago all you had to do was get drunk at the Chicken and go tip cows, collect jizz or find sheep stuck in fences.

Now it has become apart of the ever approaching Austin and Houston suburbs.
Brazos County is the place to go if you want an one acre lot with an ugly cookie cutter house.

More so it is a world beyond words.....
Aggy is a reform school cult that takes their traditions of brain washing a little too far.

348s.jpg

Florida for all that it has is a very poor state.

Not Mississippi poor but when you compare it to the top 10 states in terms of population it is poor.

I am not an expert on Florida but one of the reasons is that in the early 90's a lot of Florida sold out to people from other areas of the county.
When Florida expands the money goes elsewhere.

Tourism is their main industry.

It is not like Texas. Texas is an economic giant that has positioned itself to go head to head with California in the next 100 years.

Florida's 2015 number.
Note the GDP per capita
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

Last edited:
Reactions: Major Applewhite
Florida lacks a certain something I call class....

It is a weird mixture of New Jersey meets the South in a trailer park.
Florida never really developed the plantation culture nor the commercial class like other Southern states.

It is Joe Dirt meets Jersey Shore.....

UT's little brother bossed up on them this season.
One thing a Texan does not lack is the wildcattin spirit.
We will sell our entire savings in hopes of hitting in big.
You have to have balls to be a Texan or you will get ran over.

Best example is President LBJ. Who used to intimate the Senate to vote with him as Texas Senator by hitting people the shins during meetings with a cane.

Last edited:

The sec didn't want you because you're a joke. You could'nt beat Texas Tech. you have become TCU's bitch.

Well when it comes to the ability to pay a coach A&M is superior to FSU. You have to remember Dennis Franchione left Alabama for Texas AM in the early 2000's.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
The sec didn't want you because you're a joke. You could'nt beat Texas Tech. you have become TCU's bitch.

Someone has their feelings hurt.

The creation of the SWC from the SIAA

L. Theo Bellmont, the University of Texas athletic director sent out questionnaires to schools in Texas and neighboring states to gauge their interest as to if they would be willing to be part of and organize an athletic conference. By March 1, 1914 a number of schools had responded favorably to the idea.[2]

The first organizational meeting of the conference was set to be held on April 30, 1914. The date was changed because representatives from every school could not make it then. It was ultimately held on May 5 and 7, 1914 at the Oriental Hotel in Dallas, Texas.[3]It was chaired by L. Theo Bellmont. Originally, Bellmont wanted Louisiana State University and the University of Mississippi to join the conference as well, but they declined to do so. The Southwest Intercollegiate Athletic Conference became an official body on December 8, 1914, at a formal meeting at the Rice Hotel in Houston.

Its early years saw fluctuation in membership; Southwestern (a comparatively smaller school) dropped out of the conference in 1916, and Southern Methodist University (SMU) joined in 1918; Texas Christian University (TCU) became a member in 1923. Rice University left the conference in 1916, only to re-join in 1918.

Phillips University was a conference member for one year (1920). Oklahoma left in 1919 to join the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association (later known as the Big Eight Conference), and was followed by Oklahoma A&M in 1925. However, the series between Texas and Oklahoma would continue as a non-conference matchup in the annual Red River Rivalry game held in Dallas. From 1925 until 1991, the University of Arkansas would be the only conference member not located within the state of Texas.

1990 expansion
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/1990-sec-expansion-southeastern-conference/

Future expansion
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/7-programs-the-sec-could-target-in-expansion

Last edited:
Someone has their feelings hurt.

The creation of the SWC from the SIAA

L. Theo Bellmont, the University of Texas athletic director sent out questionnaires to schools in Texas and neighboring states to gauge their interest as to if they would be willing to be part of and organize an athletic conference. By March 1, 1914 a number of schools had responded favorably to the idea.[2]

The first organizational meeting of the conference was set to be held on April 30, 1914. The date was changed because representatives from every school could not make it then. It was ultimately held on May 5 and 7, 1914 at the Oriental Hotel in Dallas, Texas.[3]It was chaired by L. Theo Bellmont. Originally, Bellmont wanted Louisiana State University and the University of Mississippi to join the conference as well, but they declined to do so. The Southwest Intercollegiate Athletic Conference became an official body on December 8, 1914, at a formal meeting at the Rice Hotel in Houston.

Its early years saw fluctuation in membership; Southwestern (a comparatively smaller school) dropped out of the conference in 1916, and Southern Methodist University (SMU) joined in 1918; Texas Christian University (TCU) became a member in 1923. Rice University left the conference in 1916, only to re-join in 1918.

Phillips University was a conference member for one year (1920). Oklahoma left in 1919 to join the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association (later known as the Big Eight Conference), and was followed by Oklahoma A&M in 1925. However, the series between Texas and Oklahoma would continue as a non-conference matchup in the annual Red River Rivalry game held in Dallas. From 1925 until 1991, the University of Arkansas would be the only conference member not located within the state of Texas.

1990 expansion
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/1990-sec-expansion-southeastern-conference/

Future expansion
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/06/sec_expansion_how_the_big_12_c.amp
You must have hurt feelings if you're hanging out on this site.Nobody cares what aggie does. You're just jealous Jimbo went To A&M. He spurned Texas when the job was open 4 years ago. Jimbo wants to drink sec champagne not big 12 malt Liquor.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
You must have hurt feelings if you're hanging out on this site.Nobody cares what aggie does. You're just jealous Jimbo went To A&M. He spurned Texas when the job was open 4 years ago. Jimbo wants to drink sec champagne not big 12 malt Liquor.

I am not the one who originated the topic.
For a PItt fan you sound pretty bitter about life in general.

I am not worried about A&M because I know Alabama and I know what Alabama and the SEC are trying to pull.
They will never allow A&M to have complete control over Texas at worse the state of Texas it will become like Florida with about a 50/50 spilt.

Anymore Bama will feel like Aggy is getting too strong in the conference.

Florida lacks a certain something I call class....

It is a weird mixture of New Jersey meets the South in a trailer park.
Florida never really developed the plantation culture nor the commercial class like other Southern states.

It is Joe Dirt meets Jersey Shore.....

UT's little brother bossed up on them this season.
One thing a Texan does not lack is the wildcattin spirit.
We will sell our entire savings in hopes of hitting in big.
You have to have balls to be a Texan or you will get ran over.

Best example is President LBJ. Who used to intimate the Senate to vote with him as Texas Senator by hitting people the shins during meetings with a cane.

Do you ever stop moron?

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Once Bama screws A&M it is all over for the SEC West.

There are four schools right now that want Texas in the SEC to neutralize Alabama or they want the SEC West to split up with Bama holding an empty SEC lunch pail

Texas neutralize Alabama? ahahahahahaha!!!!! Hahahah!!! Man you’re a moron.

Alabama has only beaten Texas once in 9 games.
This was playing great Alabama teams led by Bear Bryant.
More importantly Bama is an insecure university and state hiding in the SEC very much like how Nebraska was in the Big 8.

You put another bull shark in the water Bama will hide like always.

A lot of people are preparing for absolute war between Alabama and Texas.
It will be like Nebraska Texas times 1000

I am not the one who originated the topic.
For a PItt fan you sound pretty bitter about life in general.

I am not worried about A&M because I know Alabama and I know what Alabama and the SEC are trying to pull.
They will never allow A&M to have complete control over Texas at worse the state of Texas it will become like Florida with about a 50/50 spilt.

Anymore Bama will feel like Aggy is getting too strong in the conference.
You're life is pathetic. You're just jealous that aggy shines brighter in Texas.

Fisher accepted the largest college football coach salary package in the history of the game. He recently was divorced. He’s leaving a true college football giant. Money and emotions led him to a hick town. Pretty simple.

Hick town? Son, have you ever lived in Texas? I can answer that. No! Texas is the finest state in the union and Jimbo Fisher will be made welcome like no other town and state can do. Warez

Hick town? Son, have you ever lived in Texas? I can answer that. No! Texas is the finest state in the union and Jimbo Fisher will be made welcome like no other town and state can do. Warez

Texas is ranked 21 as the finest in the union.

21. Texas
The place is so damn big it can't help but have some standout sights along the way: Big Bend, Hill Country in springtime, the open lap of the American West stretching off to the horizon. What it doesn't have is anything that is, in fact, the best in its category. There's better Western scenery as you go farther west, better forests anywhere east, better beaches in any direction 'cept straight north. But give Texas its due. Anything you'd want to take in, save snow-capped mountains, really is all here, and if you break free of the cities, the open roads here feel as open, and as freeing, as anywhere.

West Virginia is 15th...

15. West Virginia
You may not mean to drive to it, but you'll never forget driving through it. A favorite of base jumpers for its gorgeous gorges, West Virginia's scenery is full of unbroken, rolling old hills and rivers spilling down limestone. The Monongahela National Forest exemplifies the forested, rocky terrain that kids from Maine to Missouri grew up clambering through. One of the most overlooked corners of the country evokes the best parts of the eastern half of the continent.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/most-beautiful-states-in-america

Texas is ranked 21 as the finest in the union.

21. Texas
The place is so damn big it can't help but have some standout sights along the way: Big Bend, Hill Country in springtime, the open lap of the American West stretching off to the horizon. What it doesn't have is anything that is, in fact, the best in its category. There's better Western scenery as you go farther west, better forests anywhere east, better beaches in any direction 'cept straight north. But give Texas its due. Anything you'd want to take in, save snow-capped mountains, really is all here, and if you break free of the cities, the open roads here feel as open, and as freeing, as anywhere.

West Virginia is 15th...

15. West Virginia
You may not mean to drive to it, but you'll never forget driving through it. A favorite of base jumpers for its gorgeous gorges, West Virginia's scenery is full of unbroken, rolling old hills and rivers spilling down limestone. The Monongahela National Forest exemplifies the forested, rocky terrain that kids from Maine to Missouri grew up clambering through. One of the most overlooked corners of the country evokes the best parts of the eastern half of the continent.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/most-beautiful-states-in-america

Having lived in both states (WV and Texas) I can tell you this. Although I love both states...................you can find a job in Texas. Horace Greeley got it right when he said....."go west young man". Ole Warez left the coal mines and got busy making silicon wafers in Texas. Yes, I said electronic grade silicon wafers! Of course, most high grade wafers are made overseas these days. Some low grade wafers are being manufactured for solar cells in the states. What a shame, although there are a number of wafer fab plants going in various locals in the states. I worked as a contractor to GlobalFoundries (a giant new wafer fab plant in Malta, NY) for a couple of years. Warez

Having lived in both states (WV and Texas) I can tell you this. Although I love both states...................you can find a job in Texas. Horace Greeley got it right when he said....."go west young man". Ole Warez left the coal mines and got busy making silicon wafers in Texas. Yes, I said electronic grade silicon wafers! Of course, most high grade wafers are made overseas these days. Some low grade wafers are being manufactured for solar cells in the states. What a shame, although there are a number of wafer fab plants going in various locals in the states. I worked as a contractor to GlobalFoundries (a giant new wafer fab plant in Malta, NY) for a couple of years. Warez

Sounds to me like you hate West Virginia. Tex is that you?

Fisher born in Clarksburgh 1965.

Playing career
1985–1986
Salem International University -WV
1987 Samford
1988 Chicago Bruisers
Position(s) Quarterback
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1988–1990
Samford (GA/QB)
1991–1992 Samford (OC/QB)
1993–1998 Auburn (QB)
1999 Cincinnati (OC/QB)
2000–2006 LSU (OC/QB)
2007–2009 Florida State (OC/QB)
2010–2017 Florida State
2018–future Texas A&M
Head coaching record
Overall
83–23
Bowls 5–2
Accomplishments and honors
Championships

2 National (2003, 2013)
3 ACC (2012–2014)
4 ACC Atlantic Division (2010, 2012–2014)

FSU doesn't have Texas money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT