ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Some thoughts from the first day of the WVU 7-on-7 and big man ..

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
--Tonight was pool play allowing teams the opportunity to be seeded for the tournament which will began tomorrow morning and go throughout the course of the day. The games didn't count tonight for overall record but there were some really entertaining ones that I caught before heading back to the house. There are around 32 teams or so represented at the event and tomorrow will be a double elimination type setting with a winner's and a loser's bracket.

--Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2021 offensive tackle Landon Tengwall is an absolute man. For a player that just finished his sophomore season of high school he truly looks like he could play now in college and has the skill set to backup his physical appearance. There is a reason that he already has offers from many of the nation's elite and he truly was impressive seeing him in person.

--Huntington (W.Va.) Spring Valley 2021 offensive lineman Wyatt Milum isn't as filled out as Tengwall is at this time but he is impressive in his own right. He has good feet and at one point completely flattened a defensive lineman in a drill in the big man camp. While Doug Nester was more of a tweener, there is no doubt that Milum is an offensive tackle at the next level in my opinion.

--Another player that caught my attention from Spring Valley in the 2021 class is an offensive lineman that recently moved to the school in Bryce Biggs. He has good size as well and held his own throughout the course of the big man camp.

--Really wanted to see Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston 2021 defensive end Zeiqui Lawton square off with some of these elite offensive linemen but he did not participate today in order to heal up and rest. Still, it's never a bad sign that he was back on campus.

--During the 7-on-7 portion, Good Counsel was very good and has athletes up and down the board the same can be said for Imhotep Charter from Philadelphia. I always love to see how some of those teams with athletes compare to some of the really strong West Virginia teams that excel in these 7-on-7 tournaments and I'm excited to see that play out tomorrow.

--Another big man camp tomorrow morning and typically there are a few players that make their way to campus that weren't a part of the first one. So that will be something worth tracking.

Reactions: Eerwax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News