ADVERTISEMENT

Some news from a credible source

MarineMountie

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2016
I don't know how much I can say. This is 100% credible, @UncleMilton can back me up.

I just talked to a..."helper" for President Gee, and he is a "helper" for other presidents. Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Wake, Alabama just to name a few. I knew he worked for them but I didn't know how closely until tonight. He told me to leave his name out, but I'll share his name with Milton so he can verify it for you guys.

ACC is in discussions with not just WVU, but 4 others. 4 of the 5 will be brought in. Gee and OSU's president is leading the entire thing and have been for quite awhile.

WVU, OSU, TT, Baylor, TCU are the 5. ACC wants in on Texas big time for recruiting. Look for TCU to be in due to them being top 25 in viewership in a huge market. TT and Baylor are 50/50 at the moment, but both are making their best pitches.

A vote is currently planned to shed the schools that bring nothing. So like Temple in the Big East. They are straight up replacing 4 schools with the 4 Big 12 teams. The discussions he has been part of mention Syracuse, BC, Wake and GT being the 4 that will be voted out due to lack of viewership or really any value at all. He said UL has been discussed but judging by the presidents, but he expects them to stay if the vote is held.

He said the additions are happening no question. If anything at all changes, it would be the vote to remove bottom tier members, but the ACC is working math to get to $70 million per team and the voting out very like has to happen. He threw in the fact that Gee is an absolute favorite of all of the ACC presidents.

So that's what I have. Again, I'll give @UncleMilton the name so he can validify my post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News