ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Some 2020 West Virginia recruiting updates

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
--It's my understanding that Brooklyn (N.Y.) Canarsie running back Lamy Constant is expected to take an official visit to West Virginia in December. He has still yet to take an official visit anywhere else at this stage and it seems safe to say that he is the guy that the Mountaineers want in the class at the position. They now only need to take one if need be, given the fact that Martell Pettaway is coming back for his senior season after redshirting.

--West Virginia is still in a good spot for Bluefield (W.Va.) defensive end Sean Martin according to sources. Penn State and West Virginia seem to be the two schools sticking out the most right now but he is expected to take an official visit to Morgantown and the coaches have been working that one hard since they took the job. Martin doesn't have a set timeline but it is optimistic that Penn State thought they had a chance to end things this past weekend and didn't. This one wouldn't be for a lack of effort if it doesn't happen.

--I expect West Virginia to take at least one or two wide receivers in the class and the two to watch are Savannah (Ga.) New Hamstead wide receiver Sam Brown and Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage wide receiver Douglas Emilien. Of the two, Brown is currently committed to Central Florida but there is optimism there especially if he makes it up for a visit which he is expected to. Emilien has blown up and that one isn't going to be easy but if they can get him up it could take off.

--I think at this stage the plan is still to attack this thing in December when it comes to official visits although it wouldn't surprise me if they hosted a few over the final two remaining home games. There are around 10 spots to fill right now and while some players are close you don't want to be going into signing day with uncertainty. There has been a lot of traction in a positive direction though.

--Some players that are expected to take official visits in December are Brooklyn (N.Y.) ASA College offensive tackle Tariq Stewart, who is strongly considering West Virginia, Milldegeville (Ga.) Georgia Military College defensive end Yaya Diaby and Perkinston (Miss.) Gulf Coast cornerback Jackie Matthews. This list will continue to grow.

--As for the spots, I expect 1 RB, 1-2 WR, 1 OL, 3-4 defensive lineman, 1 linebackers and the rest secondary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News