ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer

muthed

Senior
Aug 25, 2018
Anybody seen the preseason college soccer rankings? I herd a team from W.Va. was ranked #1.

Always hard to repeat, but I herd they have the entire team coming back, with the exception of a single player. Hopefully they can do the state proud by bringing home the 2nd major team sport national title. Not sure we'll all live long enough to see the so-called flagship school ever win anything noteworthy.

Reactions: Humptod
Always hard to repeat, but I herd they have the entire team coming back, with the exception of a single player. Hopefully they can do the state proud by bringing home the 2nd major team sport national title. Not sure we'll all live long enough to see the so-called flagship school ever win anything noteworthy.
I'm 65 and have never seen the cousins win anything of note...but hoping this might be the year, probably I'll get my hopes dashed in College Park right off the bat!

I'm 65 and have never seen the cousins win anything of note...but hoping this might be the year, probably I'll get my hopes dashed in College Park right off the bat!
your sartorial clown of a basketball coach bought state champ rings for his players just recently if I'm not mistaken...so using his logic you might be the national chump...I mean champs in commie kick ball but you are not even the state champs....but our coaches have more class than to buy rings just for beating marshla in something....if WV did that they could open a jewelry store:joy:

your sartorial clown of a basketball coach bought state champ rings for his players just recently if I'm not mistaken...so using his logic you might be the national chump...I mean champs in commie kick ball but you are not even the state champs....but our coaches have more class than to buy rings just for beating marshla in something....if WV did that they could open a jewelry store:joy:
You might open a jewelry store selling some cuban zucchinis, but you won't become a gemologist until you wear the crown.

we are the state champions according the the doctrine's doctrine and marshla is still just marshla....deal with it
You might think you are a state champion but that was just the preliminaries. We got the big one later on, and you were nowhere to be found. Oh, did you crack the pre-season Top 25?

You might think you are a state champion but that was just the preliminaries. We got the big one later on, and you were nowhere to be found. Oh, did you crack the pre-season Top 25?
im shocked.....i didn't know that a marshla fan knew what a top 25 was unless you are talking about heroin sales

Bold talk from bunch terrified to walk on the court or gridiron with us...I give you kuddo for having the balls to walk onto the pitch!

Bold talk from bunch terrified to walk on the court or gridiron with us...I give you kuddo for having the balls to walk onto the pitch!
terrified of seeing what the doctrine might wear definitely but not scared of what the final score would be......btw...I don't follow MLB much anymore because it is so watered down talent wise but did my eyes deceive me or are the Reds 10 games above .500?........last time I remember that was the days of the big red machine

terrified of seeing what the doctrine might wear definitely but not scared of what the final score would be......btw...I don't follow MLB much anymore because it is so watered down talent wise but did my eyes deceive me or are the Reds 10 games above .500?........last time I remember that was the days of the big red machine
Just discussing that wit hon of my guys here at work...only two out of the wild card birth and only five behind the Brewers for the division. Been a while for Reds fans to see meaningful games this late in the season!

Just discussing that wit hon of my guys here at work...only two out of the wild card birth and only five behind the Brewers for the division. Been a while for Reds fans to see meaningful games this late in the season!
the only big league game I have been to was old crosley field.....Reds vs Cardinals.....Gary Nolan started for the Reds and Steve Carlton for the Cards. Nolan struck out Roger Maris and Orlando Cepeda twice each and they never came close.....Cards won in extra innings when the old submariner Ted Abernathy walked in the winner...as I recall Nolan hurt his arm and never became what he could have been

the only big league game I have been to was old crosley field.....Reds vs Cardinals.....Gary Nolan started for the Reds and Steve Carlton for the Cards. Nolan struck out Roger Maris and Orlando Cepeda twice each and they never came close.....Cards won in extra innings when the old submariner Ted Abernathy walked in the winner...as I recall Nolan hurt his arm and never became what he could have been
Two strong pitchers! I never went to a game at old Crosley Field and regret it to this day!

Soccer sucks like Marshall must be why they're good at it.

How many wins in in hoops for WVU in Huntington? Hahahahahaha
All I know is we have an over 80% winning percentage in men's major sports over our little brother. I'd say that's pretty dominant. We've proven we own you.

UNC men's basketball is 0-5 against WVU. Regardless of location. And it doesn't mean much. Just like the point you are trying to make
WVU football is 12-0 against Marshall. Regardless of location. And it doesn't mean much. Just like the point YOU are trying to make. See how that works?

Anybody seen the preseason college soccer rankings? I herd a team from W.Va. was ranked #1.
Yes I did see that.

The Division II private school named the University of Charleston is ranked #1.

UC could take the State title this weekend with a game at WVU. But then again, WVU fans are not crowing about a drain on the budget sport (soccer) either.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
I guess we are all back to not giving a shit about college soccer now?
With WVU shitting the bed in football, you would be correct. Better discussion when talking about WVU and their lackluster football program.

With WVU shitting the bed in football, you would be correct. Better discussion when talking about WVU and their lackluster football program.
100% SPOT ON!

The nerve of the WVU posters starting threads bragging about soccer rankings.

Anyone check on the standings lately to see how the Herd is doing today?

100% SPOT ON!

Are you still allowed to post? I thought you being intellectually honest would have gotten you banned!

100% SPOT ON!

last I checked the "defending national champs' weren't the highest rated team in their own state (but what;s new).....but then again it IS just commie kickball

How can polls be legitimate this time of the year anyway. Marshall number one, defending champions, graduated one player, no portal exits, why not number one starting out, but after 3-4 games a school who wasn’t in the tournament last year and not ranked is in the top 10. The next two games WVU could get stomped on and be all the way out in a week.

Why bother with a poll or put any stock into it. It’s not like people are running out to buy a paper or magazine to read it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT