ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM So to summarize where we're at from a roster standpoint ....

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Forward Tre Mitchell has officially entered the transfer portal which means that other schools can contact him. Since he's entered, Mitchell has heard from Kentucky, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Memphis, DePaul and a number of others. Right now he has yet to set up any visits, but from what I've heard Mitchell isn't closing the door on a return to West Virginia. He has one year left.

Point guard Kerr Kriisa has made his intentions known that he will be entering the transfer portal. He isn't officially in there yet, which means schools are permitted to contact him (good joke), but until he is in there it is technically not allowed. Kriisa would be a very in-demand prospect but like Mitchell remains open to the idea of a return depending on the coach.

Point guard Joe Toussaint is in the same boat as Kriisa in the sense that he has announced that he intends to enter the transfer portal but has yet to formally be placed in there. He too is open to the idea of a return but like the others a resolution on the coaching staff must be reached soon.

A report has indicated that enter Jesse Edwards, guard RaeQuan Battle and guard Jose Perez are playing wait and see for now before they enter the transfer portal. Each of those three want to first see what happens with the coaching staff before evaluating their options. The rest of the roster it's yet to be indicated how things are going.

Still the key here is that each of them are open to potentially returning if the situation is right. I do think the longer this takes, the less likely that is regardless who is named head coach but until they start taking visits it is still all on the table. I do know West Virginia is definitely trying to keep the roster together and has asked for patience while trying to keep the players updated to some degree now after yesterday. Will that be enough?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News