ADVERTISEMENT

So long old forum

We hardly knew ye

For over 10 years. Good riddance.

I've started Daredevil on Netflix. Uhoh.

Reactions: dave
3021307-inline-fb-likebutton-printpackaging.jpg

It truly does. I'll never use or enjoy this website the way that I used to. If they could get thread view back then it might have a chance.

It grows on you. Unless you're an old fart that yells at people on their lawn.

Reactions: Doctor Doom

I just prefer thread view over topic view. With thread view, at a glance I could see all the posts to all the threads on a page. Now I have to open up each topic and scroll down to read all the posts to see if there's anything interesting to read or respond to. It's way less efficient and just harder to use than thread view. I'd get used to walking to work too but it's easier and quicker to drive my car. As with anything, I'll deal with it.

It's not bad. My brewing website has a similar forum. You'll get used to it.

In addition to what the others said, this new configuration has a lousy word to space ratio. There is so much unused white space or else space used for something other than messages. You read a message that is two lines long then you have to scroll down half a page to read the next message. It's hard for me to imagine someone putting some thought into this and then concluding that it would be desirable.

In addition to what the others said, this new configuration has a lousy word to space ratio. There is so much unused white space or else space used for something other than messages. You read a message that is two lines long then you have to scroll down half a page to read the next message. It's hard for me to imagine someone putting some thought into this and then concluding that it would be desirable.

Absolutely! That and the color scheme leaves some desire on the table. And I see I have to re-do my avatar and signature. :mad:

I just prefer thread view over topic view. With thread view, at a glance I could see all the posts to all the threads on a page. Now I have to open up each topic and scroll down to read all the posts to see if there's anything interesting to read or respond to. It's way less efficient and just harder to use than thread view. I'd get used to walking to work too but it's easier and quicker to drive my car. As with anything, I'll deal with it.

Exactly my opinion. I refuse to read certain posters any longer and I won't use the ignore feature if it is even available. I guess I am old guy that yells at kids to get off the lawn. It isn't so much the format but rather the format coupled with the conversations (trolling) that takes place on this board. My days are very numbered on the OT board on a regular basis which I know doesn't bother many people. Will still be on the Eats board and will read interesting threads on MMB even though I don't post there much.

Exactly my opinion. I refuse to read certain posters any longer and I won't use the ignore feature if it is even available. I guess I am old guy that yells at kids to get off the lawn. It isn't so much the format but rather the format coupled with the conversations (trolling) that takes place on this board. My days are very numbered on the OT board on a regular basis which I know doesn't bother many people. Will still be on the Eats board and will read interesting threads on MMB even though I don't post there much.

It sure seems like those on the left probably despise the new boards and those on the right probably can live with them. At least thats my observation so far.

You can't efficiently follow conversations here without plowing through the entire thread. That feature of threadview was simple, effective, and will be sorely missed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT