ADVERTISEMENT

So are these stimulus checks..

When most large government contracts mandate union workers that’ll happen...
90% private work in my territory. Only steady job that is public is RU and they are allowed to pay prevailing wage to non union contractors. Yet they still use union labor. In fact my last two projects were non union jobs for the exception of the sprinkler fitters and electricians. Those two contractors are complete and down the road while the fly by night unorganized painters are still trying to get their paint sprayers to start.

I don't know how the Fed. works but i googled where is the 2 trillion coming from, here's what it said they will issue Treasury bonds they are sold to banks if banks don't have enough to buy them the Federal Reserve will lend them as much as they need to buy them then banks will sell bonds. Does that make sense i guess the Fed just prints the money.

Screenshot_20200324-150746_Discord.jpg

Last edited:
Blaming the Speaker of the House for an 800-page bill that passed the Senate on a 96-0 vote is pretty weak sauce. I used to try that with my mother, saying I didn't want to do whatever foolish thing, but my nasty brother made me do it. She never bought it. Not once.

The fact is, both parties own this deal equally, for better or for worse. I'd also point out that President Trump specifically said he supported giving money to the Lincoln Center. Easy enough to Google that.
The 800 page bill the senate passed didn’t include many of the pet projects Pelosi wanted in. She tried put put that shit in, got called on it, removed most of them, and the 800 page bill is the result.

It seems naivety runs in your family.

Who gets what? If you make over 99k you get zip?
Stimulus checks
The most well-known piece of the bill — stimulus checks — is available only to eligible Americans, based on tax returns. If you have already filed your 2019 tax returns, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will utilize those. If you haven’t, any coronavirus assistance will be based on your 2018 returns.

If you didn’t file either year because your taxable income is low enough not to necessitate a filing, don’t worry. The IRS will still be able to calculate your benefit; what’s more, Americans on the low end of the income scale will receive the full benefit.

Your eligibility is based on your adjusted gross income or AGI. Your AGI is the total amount of taxable income before deductions and personal exemptions. Taxable income includes salary, tips, capital gains, and income from dividends or interest. So if you are calculating how much you might receive, don’t forget to include any bonuses or money made from the sale of stocks (among others). Employer payments of student loans for their workers will now be excluded from taxable income.

What are the benefits?

Congress has authorized a maximum of $1,200 for each American, and up to $2,400 for those who file their taxes jointly. Taxpayers with children also receive a flat $500 per child. If you share children with someone but you do not file jointly, the money goes to the person who claims them as a dependent.

What are the eligibility requirements?

To receive the maximum benefit, an individual filer without children must earn $75,000 or less. Joint taxpayers without children can receive the full amount if they earn less than $150,000. Heads of household can earn up to $112,500.

After this, the benefit is reduced.

What if I earn more?

Those who earn more than $75,000 won’t be excluded but the amount of assistance is reduced until an earner hits the cap.

• Individual filers without children who earn over $99,000 will no longer be eligible.

• Joint filers without children can earn up to $198,000 before they no longer qualify.
What if I have children?

The income threshold to qualify for a stimulus benefit is higher when you have children; and with each child the income threshold rises. For example, married couples with two children, filing jointly, can earn up to $218,000 before they’re no longer eligible for a benefit. Remember, heads of household, or those who file with dependents, can earn up to $112,500 to receive the maximum benefit ($1,200), plus an additional $500 for each child they claim.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT