ADVERTISEMENT

So a one and done at South Carolina, huh?

Nice game, as well as 1.4 Million in the pocket. As we've previously stated, if we're going to do one and dones, then we'll play a team with a recognizable name. We don't need you, don't want you. Not to mention, a game against the Ears hurts our SOS. Good riddance, Ears.

Reactions: 30Kelly
Nice game, as well as 1.4 Million in the pocket. As we've previously stated, if we're going to do one and dones, then we'll play a team with a recognizable name. We don't need you, don't want you. Not to mention, a game against the Ears hurts our SOS. Good riddance, Ears.

Call the waambulance, someone has a severe case of butthurt. That's what happens when you hang out with Yag. Don't drink the Jesus Juice the next time you go over to his place.

South Carolina was rated 1 place in front of MVU at 3-9 (Sagarin). Schedule smack is really a bad place for you to go when RPI has you at #236 and Sagarin at #138. Really there is no where to go but up,

Worked out OK the last time we invaded Columbia....another Herd victory!

wvu is getting priced out of the buy game world as I warned. What's the most you guys have ever paid an opponent to come to The Puss?

This is exactly what I told you guys in the thread started by one of you hillbillies suggesting giving Marshall a "big payout" every other year for the series to be all in Morgantown, why take a big payout every other year when we could get one every year playing a similar, or better, opponent?

Reactions: 30Kelly
Yep, I doubt the Cocks are looking forward to the Herd coming to town again. Game is two years out, so the Cocks may be a worthy, top notch opponent. Of course, we'll have a Senior QB at the helm slinging the ball all over the yard.

Keep on with the tradition of scheduling teams that you think you can beat......somehow I expect you aren't going to be happy on the bus ride home the next time you visit Columbia. It will probably be another in a long line of woulda, should've, if only type of games.

wvu is getting priced out of the buy game world as I warned. What's the most you guys have ever paid an opponent to come to The Puss?

This is exactly what I told you guys in the thread started by one of you hillbillies suggesting giving Marshall a "big payout" every other year for the series to be all in Morgantown, why take a big payout every other year when we could get one every year playing a similar, or better, opponent?

WVU has made it clear that if Marshall is ever to play us again it will be on our terms, not theirs. That's how we deal with have nots. Just the same way that South Carolina deals with Marshall.....What part of that are you having trouble understanding?

The part that despite all your money, you're are cheap and have never paid anyone $1.4MM to play a game in the hole. Have you guys even paid a million before? I know you paid Nevada $750k a few years ago.

The price to buy these games is going up rapidly. Better budget for it.

The part that despite all your money, you're are cheap and have never paid anyone $1.4MM to play a game in the hole. Have you guys even paid a million before? I know you paid Nevada $750k a few years ago.

Lol that's the response . We have money man. That's why we aren't doing one and dones

It isn't worth $1.4MM to have Marshall on our schedule. We can schedule other teams that contribute more than Marshall in strength of schedule for less. Welcome to the world of play for pay. I'm glad you're happy being everyones future home coming opponent.

Reactions: dave

This is classic ... the fan of a team taking one and done "give us our beating and give us a check" games, is talking trash to a team about how much they pay to schedule those games.

We'll pay what we want ... you'll take what you can get.

Yep, I doubt the Cocks are looking forward to the Herd coming to town again. Game is two years out, so the Cocks may be a worthy, top notch opponent. Of course, we'll have a Senior QB at the helm slinging the ball all over the yard.

You seem to have an obsession with Cocks? Three sentences, two mentions, very telling.

The tax payers of West Virginia thank you but you will likely need to do 2 or 3 buy games a year to make up loss of revenue.

That's a sad fact for a lot teams on that level. Instituting the playoff killed interest in those leagues, except for the participating schools. Greedy TV networks and the big bowls in line for hosting the playoff have mortally wounded those conferences. I'm glad WVU got in a P-5 league at the last minute, but the damned mess has ruined college football overall, IMO. I always enjoyed watching the MAC game of the week, but try finding it on your cable system in the future.

Well, the MAC deal with ESPN runs through 2023, so you should still be able to find it if ESPN stays in business.

And still5-0, why would we have to do 2-3 buy games at $1.4MM apiece to make up $900k in lost TV revenue?

old buzzard, name the teams that you can do buy games with that offer more than Marshall from a SOS perspective, offer more and you can get for less.

That's a sad fact for a lot teams on that level. Instituting the playoff killed interest in those leagues, except for the participating schools. Greedy TV networks and the big bowls in line for hosting the playoff have mortally wounded those conferences. I'm glad WVU got in a P-5 league at the last minute, but the damned mess has ruined college football overall, IMO. I always enjoyed watching the MAC game of the week, but try finding it on your cable system in the future.

MAC games will still be on, on weeknights on well known sports networks. They will be paid well for submitting to the demands of respected sports networks. CUSA thought they were too good to have their games televised on week nights and for that and is being rewarded accordingly.

Well, the MAC deal with ESPN runs through 2023, so you should still be able to find it if ESPN stays in business.

And still5-0, why would we have to do 2-3 buy games at $1.4MM apiece to make up $900k in lost TV revenue?

old buzzard, name the teams that you can do buy games with that offer more than Marshall from a SOS perspective, offer more and you can get for less.

Obviously you've never looked at this - http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/ . There are 137 teams with a higher strength of schedule than Marshall....... . They all take cash for one and dones and they all offer more than Marshall in terms of strength of schedule. Among them are Akron, Ohio U, Arkansas St. , Appalachian State, Bowling Green, San Diego State, Toledo, North Dakota State........should I go on? Another point that you tried to make has been invalidated.

It isn't worth $1.4MM to have Marshall on our schedule. We can schedule other teams that contribute more than Marshall in strength of schedule for less. Welcome to the world of play for pay. I'm glad you're happy being everyones future home coming opponent.
Not true in terms of SOS or attendance.....how many do you boys think you'll have for the titanic struggle with Delaware State ( 26-6 loser to Morgan State ,BTW)?

Because the state will not be able to subsidize MVU at the same rate forever. Not complicated.

Not true in terms of SOS or attendance.....how many do you boys think you'll have for the titanic struggle with Delaware State ( 26-6 loser to Morgan State ,BTW)?
More that the highest every attendance at the Joan. How sad it is to be a turd.

Being that Delaware St. will be here in the middle of September I'd seriously estimate the crowd to be in the 55,000 plus range. To put it in terms Herdiots can understand, almost as many as will attend the Joan in two home games.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahahahahah...maybe if the guy doing the countin' pulls a cork early!

Well Tony, we will have a long wait to see if my crowd estimate is correct, but I'm sure you will still be hanging around here to see for yourself. I understand that a Marshall fan cannot grasp the concept of 55,000 people in a football stadium, it's something you've never had to deal with at the Joan.

Well Tony, we will have a long wait to see if my crowd estimate is correct, but I'm sure you will still be hanging around here to see for yourself. I understand that a Marshall fan cannot grasp the concept of 55,000 people in a football stadium, it's something you've never had to deal with at the Joan.
My old friend I would be one bit surprised to see the crowd announced at 55,000 for that mighty tussle....figures never lie but liars often figure!

More that the highest every attendance at the Joan.
What the hell does this sentence even mean? I'm seriously thinking that you and twiggy are one and the same person, simply sharing two profiles. There's no way two different people could present themselves as that big of a moron. I know most of you WVU fans that post on this board lack severely in intelligence, but the two of you put it on display at a much higher level.

My old friend I would be one bit surprised to see the crowd announced at 55,000 for that mighty tussle....figures never lie but liars often figure!

Say what you will about WVU, but one thing you can't say is that they cheat on attendance numbers. Pitt counts tickets sold while the TV cameras show much fewer people actually showing up for the game, others do the same. WVU only reports how many people went through the turnstiles on game day regardless of how many tickets were sold. That's the way WVU has always done it and you know that to be true.

Last edited:
Say what you will about WVU, but one thing you can't say is that they cheat on attendance numbers. Pitt counts tickets sold while the TV cameras show much fewer people actually showing up for the game, others do the same. WVU only reports how many people went through the turnstyles on game day regardless of how many tickets were sold. That's the way WVU has always done it and you know that to be true.
Hahahahahaha, I do not know that to be true...Mounties announced a crowd at the ISU game a couple of seasons ago , when there were not enough fans to start a good fight present. But 55, 00 for Delaware St, why not if you say so! WVU 94 DSU 7.

Ohio U. The game always gets a great crowd, is an excuse to bring in recruits from Eastern Ohio, it's a shorter drive to Morgantown from Athens than it is from Huntingon, meaning lots of OU fans will travel to the game, the long tradition of OU being the MAC team WVU prefers to play due to that proximity for decades, and a long history between the schools on the football field. Also, OU's football program has been superior to Marshall's except for a handful of years from '97 to '05, is seen as superior on a national level, and comes from a more prestigious conference.

Any other questions?

Hahahahahaha, I do not know that to be true...Mounties announced a crowd at the ISU game a couple of seasons ago , when there were not enough fans to start a good fight present. But 55, 00 for Delaware St, why not if you say so! WVU 94 DSU 7.
This might answer your question

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/pitt/s_465583.html

"So it's no surprise that the area's three biggest Division I football programs employ different systems. West Virginia uses the turnstile count. Pitt announces tickets sold. Penn State records tickets distributed."

Last edited:
This might answer your question

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/pitt/s_465583.html

"So it's no surprise that the area's three biggest Division I football programs employ different systems. West Virginia uses the turnstile count. Pitt announces tickets sold. Penn State records tickets distributed."
Hahahahahahahaha, doesn't say who reads the turnstiles! But big crowd and a big win over a fine Delaware State squad...sounds good to me, the WVU way!

Ohio U. The game always gets a great crowd, is an excuse to bring in recruits from Eastern Ohio, it's a shorter drive to Morgantown from Athens than it is from Huntingon, meaning lots of OU fans will travel to the game, the long tradition of OU being the MAC team WVU prefers to play due to that proximity for decades, and a long history between the schools on the football field. Also, OU's football program has been superior to Marshall's except for a handful of years from '97 to '05, is seen as superior on a national level, and comes from a more prestigious conference.

Any other questions?

Please God, let this guy be serious about the shit he just said. You just can't buy comedy like this.

Obviously you've never looked at this - http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/ . There are 137 teams with a higher strength of schedule than Marshall....... . They all take cash for one and dones and they all offer more than Marshall in terms of strength of schedule. Among them are Akron, Ohio U, Arkansas St. , Appalachian State, Bowling Green, San Diego State, Toledo, North Dakota State........should I go on? Another point that you tried to make has been invalidated.

I'm sorry, did you box in your youth, or fall down a really steep, rocky mountainside? What does the SOS for an opponent due for your SOS? The only thing that matters is the Sagarin rating of the team you are playing. Last year there were 14 G5 teams with a higher Sagarin than Marshall. In 2014 there were none, we were first at #21. In 2013 there were 7. So over the last 3 years we are a top 7 G5 team in simplest terms, if you want to get more correct and take the average ranking of all G5 teams for the last three years we are #3 behind Boise and Houston. Neither one of those teams is flying across the country to do a 1 and done with you for less than $1.4MM and those are the only two schools likely to bring more SOS benefit to wvu.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT