ADVERTISEMENT

Snowsled

Marine03

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2012
Played Woodhaven at Glade Springs in Beckley Saturday. From the blacks shot 87, missed 1 fairway but couldn't hit a green for shit. Was 3 over through 7 then tripled 8-9, and doubled 10,18, with a few pars and bogeys mixed in. Course was wet so ZERO roll on tee shots which made it super long. 7200 yards and a slope rating of 145. Tough, tight course with an uphill par 5 of 560 yards that literally played about 700 yards. Great course condition and a beautiful layout though.

Snow Sled is having some health problems. I haven't seen him post in over a week. At the time he let us know on Off-Topic board he said it would be about two weeks before he got his test results. He's asking for prayers, if you're the religious type. He's a good guy.

I didn't know that but absolutely I'll pray for him. I hope everything turns out ok for him

No mulligans just two off first tee if needed. I'm a no driving range before a round type guy just the putting practice green. I didn't need it so it was a legit 87.

Driving ranges wreck my rounds. I am just horrible with my irons. I have purchased a couple hybrids that have made it less noticeable

Played Woodhaven at Glade Springs in Beckley Saturday. From the blacks shot 87, missed 1 fairway but couldn't hit a green for shit. Was 3 over through 7 then tripled 8-9, and doubled 10,18, with a few pars and bogeys mixed in. Course was wet so ZERO roll on tee shots which made it super long. 7200 yards and a slope rating of 145. Tough, tight course with an uphill par 5 of 560 yards that literally played about 700 yards. Great course condition and a beautiful layout though.
that's the one course that I have never played over there...one of my high school friends retired there and I have a standing invitation. Won't be playing for a little while...got some stuff going on.....ps why in hell did you play the blacks?....I'd have to have my Louisville slugger to go back that far

that's the one course that I have never played over there...one of my high school friends retired there and I have a standing invitation. Won't be playing for a little while...got some stuff going on.....ps why in hell did you play the blacks?....I'd have to have my Louisville slugger to go back that far

I typically play from the tips. We had the course to ourselves so we hit a few tee shots from the blues and other than length and the par threes the blacks looked easier to me.
I think it's the harder of three at glade but stonehaven is my favorite.
I heard you were under the weather, sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery

Driving ranges wreck my rounds. I am just horrible with my irons. I have purchased a couple hybrids that have made it less noticeable

Same here. I don't like hitting the range prior to the round and if I do it's only to hit wedges. I don't carry many long irons, nothing lower than a 6 iron. I carry one hybrid and the rest are driver, 4, 7 wood, putter. I do carry a sand, 2 lob wedges, a gap, and a pitching wedge. I've never been good at long irons so I took them out and replaced them with more wedges. I make up a lot of shots from 140 in. As I got older I got much better at course management and really become a better golfer by working on the 150 yard and in range

I typically play from the tips. We had the course to ourselves so we hit a few tee shots from the blues and other than length and the par threes the blacks looked easier to me.
I think it's the harder of three at glade but stonehaven is my favorite.
I heard you were under the weather, sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery
a couple of things hit all at once,,,,scary because other than getting my tonsils out at age 3 I've never been in the hospital for anything.....hoping to keep that record going......had 3 tournaments scheduled that I'll have to miss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT