Skyler Howard goes full Skyler Howard

Taylor3535

All-Conference
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2014
Florida
A copy of his post on Facebook today:

“Let’s be transparent here..

Last year around this time i had just finished up my final season for WVU by playing in the Russell Athletic bowl. After the bowl game and a successful 10 win season i went back to Morgantown to gather up some things before headed back to Fort Worth to train for the NFL. Me and a gf went to dinner at Olive Garden like we’d done many times before. When i would go places in Morgantown i’d usually request a table in the back or maybe where there isn’t a lot of people, (you’ll probably understand why after all this) so that’s what we did. We sat in the bar area booths and had a nice little quiet dinner. Again.. like we’d done before. We were always respectful and quiet when going out to dinner, we never wanted any special service or privileges. We just wanted to be normal and have dinner. We both noticed our waitress was a little awkward and acting a little odd. But we both just thought she might’ve been nervous. So we were nice, ate our dinner, tipped over 20%, and went about our night. Like we had done many times before.

The next day we both wake up very sick with a stomach virus so she goes to med express and i went to the stadium to see if there was anything the team doctors or trainers could do. I get some meds to keep from feeling nauseous but it didn’t help.

Nothing seemed to help our sickness so we go back to see the Dr. The next time i went back i had thrown up so much that i had developed a some medical issues and couldn’t lift or train for the NFL for the next month.. major set back.

After wondering what could have made both of us so sick at the same time, we see these screen shots on Twitter from our waitress and her friends in a group chat. (TEXTS BEING SENT WHILE WE WERE AT THE TABLE)

The girl named Mimi was our waitress texting her friends, asking permission to spit in my food. Well, she got more than permission. They proceeded to tell her to shit in it. So I’m not exactly sure what was done to my food. But we got very sick, have medical bills, and missed valuably training time.

So i do what most of you would do. I called Olive Garden to see how we can resolve the situation. They proceeded to offer me a $250 dollar gift card to go BACK there and eat.. so i take it a step further. I call on a lawyer that had been paired up with my agent at the time, From Beckley, WV.

As the case gets started, i find out that my lawyer is contacting my gf in inappropriate ways trying to buy her stuff and take her on dates. Soooo i terminated the case with that lawyer.

After that, i left the situation alone and moved on with life.

Well yesterday, i get some twitter notifications from some of our waitresses friends (over a year later) tagging me in some Olive Garden shoes as a joke.

I’m not sure what kind of people would find this humorous but it’s inhumane. I can take the heat, always been able to. It’s pretty rewarding knowing that you have everyone against you but still succeed. I’m posting this for the next guys in Morgantown to play for WVU who might deal with these types of people.

As i said this happened about a year ago and I’ve kept if silent for multiple reasons..

1. i respect coach Holgerson and all of WVU so i didn’t want to shine any negative light on the program or school or state.
2. Recruiting.. what kid would want to go to a town where this is how a 10 win season, record setting QB gets treated. I feel sorry for the ones that don’t get to 10.
3. Mentioned above, this was right before heading to the NFL so i wanted all distractions eliminated.
4. These cases have a timeline, we have time.

And so why now?

I saw the way Chugs got treated after the bowl game this year and it’s absolutely disgusting. No college athlete should have to worry about if his food will be ok to eat when he’s going out to dinner. It didn’t only ruin Olive Garden and Darden for me, but the whole aspect of eating out in Morgantown. This could’ve happened many times before in Morgantown, but they might’ve been smart enough to not post it online. So i didn’t/don’t feel comfortable going to eat anywhere in Morgantown. And the next man shouldn’t have to deal with that.

I posted it on twitter and got some good ol’ mountaineer encouragement posted below. Hopefully the next athlete plays good enough to be able to go out to eat!!!!!”

Reactions: sccolaEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News