ADVERTISEMENT

Skylar Howard is our best option???

indyrckstar

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2003
Charlotte, NC
As was with the bowl game, you see similar issues with his game.

1. He isn't a good down field passer. This one is obvious.
2. His pocket awareness just isn't there. He gets too comfortable within and doesn't anticipate pocket collapsing or even pressure coming on his backside.
3. Too much tendency to zero in on a WR. That's going to get picked against better competition.
4. His decision making isn't that good. Sometimes, he should run when the pass isn't there. Sometimes, the opposite. This one is hard to have as only a few people are truly gifted in this.

Knowing these issues, I believe he starts mainly because of experience. At least I hope that's the reasoning. Similar to why I think Crest is his backup. My question is IF Chugs and Sills are better long term, (don't know btw), should we think about what's best for the program? Obviously Dana is the HC and knows his players. I just am concerned with what I have seen from Skylar and trying to move forward.

I want to win Big 12 titles. This conference has good teams and HCs. I feel WVU can be in the mix with the big boys BUT we gotta start with Dana to the very next important person is the QB and then move forward. Right now, for myself, Skylar is NOT that guy.

Reactions: MikeIII and NY EER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News