ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Sky is not falling, but changes must start now for West Virginia basketball

Lol. All of a sudden lift a trillion weights, get your legs back and remember how to shoot got it. Lift MORE, more defensive drills,.4 hour practices on game day, but score and win. Got it

Reactions: Rootmaster
Lol. All of a sudden lift a trillion weights, get your legs back and remember how to shoot got it. Lift MORE, more defensive drills,.4 hour practices on game day, but score and win. Got it

Link or quote to all you said if such is true. Otherwise quit making shit up.

3 straight losses to teams in the top 4 spots of the conference. With 2 of those ranked #1 and #3 who are more than likely going to be final 4.

3 straight losses to teams in the top 4 spots of the conference. With 2 of those ranked #1 and #3 who are more than likely going to be final 4.

And now a drum roll before the new round of excuses. Participation trophies to all...to all I say!

Reactions: mofo
And now a drum roll before the new round of excuses. Participation trophies to all...to all I say!

So people who disagree with your opinion is really seeking participation trophies. Those stand up for the team and their coaches are not allowed opinions.

This free board should be eliminated. Too many democrats.

You remember when you (and I to be fair) were attacking Buckaintaneer for him making these same types of arguments/tactics for why we should have kept Holgorsen that you are making for Huggins?

I just want to point out the hypocrisy here.

Love your quote about getting old. Loyalty went out the window when it stopped becoming about you and me and started becoming more about the almighty dollar.

You remember when you (and I to be fair) were attacking Buckaintaneer for him making these same types of arguments/tactics for why we should have kept Holgorsen that you are making for Huggins?

Love your quote about getting old. Loyalty went out the window when it stopped becoming about you and me and started becoming more about the almighty dollar.

How many loyalties does it take to pay your mortgage?

How many loyalties does it take to pay your mortgage?

First, I have no mortgage. Everything bought and paid for a long time ago.

Second, when did you suddenly start posting like you've forgotten how to read? Your posts are progressively making less and less sense.

Maybe you've joined up with the imbeciles on this board who've turned it into an us vs. them circus freak show about who can throw the most dung at the other.

Either way, not a good look.

First, I have no mortgage. Everything bought and paid for a long time ago.

Second, when did you suddenly start posting like you've forgotten how to read? Your posts are progressively making less and less sense.

Maybe you've joined up with the imbeciles on this board who've turned it into an us vs. them circus freak show about who can throw the most dung at the other.

Either way, not a good look.

Well when you bought everything you have, did you pay with money or loyalty?

Well when you bought everything you have, did they ask for payment in money or loyalty?

Ah, that's definitely more clear.

What I was referring to was a quote Allen had in one of his above posts. Without looking back it basically stated that he felt he was getting old because the old ideas of loyalty and whatnot seemed to have become relics of the past.

I agree with him. Gone are the days when you could watch a team, bond with that team, etc. because everyone was going to be looking out for that team first rather than what it has become today - a me first type of anything goes. The loyalty lies less with the team concept and more with the dollar.

Ah, that's definitely more clear.

What I was referring to was a quote Allen had in one of his above posts. Without looking back it basically stated that he felt he was getting old because the old ideas of loyalty and whatnot seemed to have become relics of the past.

I agree with him. Gone are the days when you could watch a team, bond with that team, etc. because everyone was going to be looking out for that team first rather than what it has become today - a me first type of anything goes. The loyalty lies less with the team concept and more with the dollar.

Ok.

I dont really get that opinion.

None of these kids owe us anything. I transferred schools and have left jobs for better jobs - its opportunity.

I guess I'm wierd. In my career Ive always put myself and my family first and really didnt care if that bothered strangers....i guess you are a saint who lived his life for the benefit of others first, and sacrificed his own well-being out of principal.

There's a few posters here who qualify for canonization, so welcome to the club.

Ok.

I dont really get that opinion.

None of these kids owe us anything. I transferred schools and have left jobs for better jobs - its opportunity.

I guess I'm wierd. In my career Ive always put myself and my family first and really didnt care if that bothered strangers....i guess you are a saint who lived his life for the benefit of others first, and sacrificed his own well-being out of principal.

There's a few posters here who qualify for canonization, so welcome to the club.

Actually, everything you wrote about me is true.

Your choice of life never bothered me, either. It just wasn't a path that I wanted to take, but at times envied others who did. Now that I'm on the downhill slide, when I reflect back, I'm honestly glad I took the road less traveled.

Its made all the difference.

Actually, everything you wrote about me is true.

Your choice of life never bothered me, either. It just wasn't a path that I wanted to take, but at times envied others who did. Now that I'm on the downhill slide, when I reflect back, I'm honestly glad I took the road less traveled.

Its made all the difference.

Lol, so you think you are a saint?

At least you stayed humble.

Do you walk across The Mon when you attend games?

Its surprising such a selfless man, who lived a life a virtue suddenly has room in his heart to complain about a college basketball team - but the internet never lets me down.

Last edited:
Kick ass at home, get smoked on the road.

Oklahoma State at home.

If these kid owe the university nothing...then schools should kick their sorry under performi ng asses out when they feel unmotivated or misunderstood. That works.

If these kid owe the university nothing...then schools should kick their sorry under performi ng asses out when they feel unmotivated or misunderstood. That works.

They have an obligation to the university.

They do not have an obligation to you.

We do kick kids out of school and off their scholarships. When they break rules, mostly.

But we also force them out by over recruiting and other methods. And our fans treat them like shit most of the time too, so they get that privilege.

Lol, so you think you are a saint?

At least you stayed humble.

Do you walk across The Mon when you attend games?

Its surprising such a selfless man, who lived a life a virtue suddenly has room in his heart to complain about a college basketball team - but the internet never lets me down.

No, but others do.

I try, but its hard here. So many ignorant people on here. There is one thing that will always be attacked and feared - intelligence. I wear each attack on me as a badge of honor. Even those that come from a base of ignorance. Its a teaching opportunity!

Is it frozen over? I might then...

I multi-task. Another sign of intelligence.

You've tried this approach of setting up a fallacious argument. It obviously isn't working. You have anything else up your sleeve? Perhaps a nice slippery-slope will present itself in the future?

No, but others do.

I try, but its hard here. So many ignorant people on here. There is one thing that will always be attacked and feared - intelligence. I wear each attack on me as a badge of honor. Even those that come from a base of ignorance. Its a teaching opportunity!

Is it frozen over? I might then...

I multi-task. Another sign of intelligence.

You've tried this approach of setting up a fallacious argument. It obviously isn't working. You have anything else up your sleeve? Perhaps a nice slippery-slope will present itself in the future?

Im sorry but you really don't seem all that intelligent.

PS. WTF thinks you are an actual saint? Get over yourself.

Last edited:
Side note:

The process for canonization is interesting. There is a Pennsylvania woman currently recommended for Sainthood and under consideration by her diocese.

It will take decades, or centuries and most likely not happen. She started a hospital and charity for disabled children which now has an enormous budget and has served hundreds of thousands of disabled children and families.

Part of the process is two miracles need to be attributed to the person in consideration.

From what I read the most recent US Saint died in the late 1700's and was canonized in 2016.

Some people are saints, some people talk big on the internet.

Basketball = more games
football = short window.
Bob Huggins is a winner.
Holgorsen a .500 coach at best.

Im sorry but you really don't seem all that intelligent.

PS. WTF thinks you are an actual saint? Get over yourself.

Perhaps you are taking this idea of "saint" a little too literally. Have you considered that? Perhaps maybe in a looser sense of the word? I'm not up for canonization anytime soon. I hope for many more years anyhow considering I'm not dead yet. That seems to be a requirement. I'm also not Catholic so there goes any possibility for it anyway.

Its funny you should mention it though. I did have someone come to me today and thank me for being a guiding figure in his life. It was pretty sappy and I won't get into the details but, no matter how you try to pooh-pooh it, it was genuine and from his heart. One day, if you live a long and meaningful life, maybe it will happen to you, too. Even better, when its not on your death bed or from a family member who's obligated to say it to you at the end.

I don't take offense to you not thinking I'm "all that intelligent". So please, don't take offense to this, but if your remark came from someone I considered my intellectual superior, it would have the sting you're hoping your barb would have.

Perhaps you are taking this idea of "saint" a little too literally. Have you considered that? Perhaps maybe in a looser sense of the word? I'm not up for canonization anytime soon. I hope for many more years anyhow considering I'm not dead yet. That seems to be a requirement. I'm also not Catholic so there goes any possibility for it anyway.

Its funny you should mention it though. I did have someone come to me today and thank me for being a guiding figure in his life. It was pretty sappy and I won't get into the details but, no matter how you try to pooh-pooh it, it was genuine and from his heart. One day, if you live a long and meaningful life, maybe it will happen to you, too. Even better, when its not on your death bed or from a family member who's obligated to say it to you at the end.

I don't take offense to you not thinking I'm "all that intelligent". So please, don't take offense to this, but if your remark came from someone I considered my intellectual superior, it would have the sting you're hoping your barb would have.

Yeah - I dont think that actually happened.

*Raise hand if you think this actually happened.

-No one raises hand.

Well if does happen....i wont find the need to conveniently use it during an online debate, hoping it will score me points.

Lying douchebags do that...like you.

Well if does happen....i wont find the need to conveniently use it during an online debate, hoping it will score me points.

Lying douchebags do that...like you.

I've read a lot of your posts over the years. Thought you were genuinely a pretty level-headed and intelligent poster. You seemed to be "above the fray" and worthy of respect on a site that is filled with folks who seem like they would struggle to graduate from a remedial underwater fire prevention class.

But tonight, I'm disappointed that all came to an end. Sadly, the numbers of respected posters continue to drop like the proverbial lead balloon. A clear reflection on the failure of our parental and educational systems to teach basic manners and discussion skills.

I'll leave you with the last word. I hope you make it a good one. May it have the palliative effect you desire.

Good night.

I've read a lot of your posts over the years. Thought you were genuinely a pretty level-headed and intelligent poster. You seemed to be "above the fray" and worthy of respect on a site that is filled with folks who seem like they would struggle to graduate from a remedial underwater fire prevention class.

But tonight, I'm disappointed that all came to an end. Sadly, the numbers of respected posters continue to drop like the proverbial lead balloon. A clear reflection on the failure of our parental and educational systems to teach basic manners and discussion skills.

I'll leave you with the last word. I hope you make it a good one. May it have the palliative effect you desire.

Good night.

Sorry I didn't buy your sanctimonious bull crap.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT