ADVERTISEMENT

SIR: Fantastic article on Chris Henry Jr.

firstdown04

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2018

Sad at times to read for a lot of reasons, one of them being that he’s ending up at OSU. But a lot of WVU references here. Including the best part of the article at the end, which was so special to read as it was the only game I ever got to attend on the field when I was a freshman at WVU:

Another link from father to son comes through the highlights Henry left behind. Every other week or so, he will sit in bed scouring YouTube for the familiar clips of his dad torching opposing defenses. An 83-yard score against Rutgers. A grab over Pittsburgh Steelerscornerback Ike Taylor. Chris Henry's first career touchdown. A 67-yard dash against Syracuse.

From a vault of big plays, Chris Henry Jr.'s favorite highlight is one of his dad's simplest, a game-winning score in a 19-16 overtime victory over Maryland on Sept. 18, 2004.

Henry runs a slant into the end zone and hauls in a seven-yard pass from Rasheed Marshall. West Virginia's Milan Puskar Stadium erupts and Henry launches the ball into the air. As Henry Jr. watches No. 5 in blue and gold bask in the scene before a mob of teammates arrives to celebrate, his father is a hero.

"I just picture myself there," Chris Henry Jr. said. "I see myself in those moments. I see myself in those videos. I see myself in him."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News