ADVERTISEMENT

Should we discuss the one article with the one player who left

wvpack

All-American
May 29, 2001
It's a VOM interview. So I know. But the one player that left said players are leaving for no other reason other then they are getting good NIL money from others schools. Particularly SEC schools. So do we need to get the Country Road Trust to hit the major industries in each area of the state. In the Eastern Panhandle just drive down 81 and hit any of the big companies located there. Proctor n Gamble/Rust oleum etc Is that the solution?

Here is the quote:
“I love this state. I love everything about WVU. The coaches on this coaching staff work their asses off. As for the other guys who have transferred, I’m not sure. Maybe it’s NIL deals, but I can’t speak on their behalf. My situation was unique, but in my opinion there needs to be a funding system. Like Toothman Ford, there are other businesses just as big as them who could be doing the same thing.

It’s hard to compete with SEC money, but in the new college football, the players that can get paid and help their families are going to do that. I don’t think it’s a coaching staff problem. I have seen these coaches ork hard day in and day out, and they care just as much as us, but it’s a tough situation as a player. I have the utmost respect for this staff and never want to disrespect this wonderful state.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News