ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. Imhoffe finds a snowball in February, therefore no global warming

WhiteTailEER

All-American
Jun 17, 2005
"We keep hearing that 2014 has been the warmest year on record," Inhofe said. "So I ask the chair," - referring to Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) - "Do you know what this is? It's a snowball, from just outside here. So it's very, very cold out... very unseasonable."

This is the chair of the Senate Environment and Public Works committee. Global warming has already been debated on here ad nauseum. So, my intention is not to start that debate, but to rather look at the person of this committee and the ridiculous "reasoning" he uses. How could anybody have any confidence in him making any judgment whatsoever on any environmenal issue when he uses logic like this?

According to Algore world sea levels should have risen 20 feet by now

He's made 100s of millions of dollars based on that "fact".

Re: A reasonable person can't

But Imhoffe and those that follow his BS are not reasonable. In fact, they are a disgrace and an embarrassment.

No Algore reached that conclusion based on fudged data

where "climate scientists" have systematically altered historical temperature readings to make them fit their narrative. Billions of dollars worth of grants have been received by these scientist for their "science". Man made global warming is the biggest shakedown and threat to our liberties in our time.

Not only do you use Wikipedia

Originally posted by Popeer:

Originally posted by MountainBill:

Billions of dollars worth of grants have been received by these scientist for their "science". Man made global warming is the biggest shakedown and threat to our liberties in our time.
Bingo.
Not only do you use Wikipedia as a source, but you use a Wikipedia page about a fictional novel?

Re: No Algore reached that conclusion based on fudged data

where "climate scientists" have systematically altered historical temperature readings to make them fit their narrative. Billions of dollars worth of grants have been received by these scientist for their "science". Man made global warming is the biggest shakedown and threat to our liberties in our time.
Hmmmm? How have the receding polar ice caps been fudged?

How has the increased height of sea level been fudged?

How have the measured amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere been fudged?

Do you really think global warming is not occurring?

Re: Not only do you use Wikipedia

And, what do you question? Do you source it too?

Re: According to Algore world sea levels should have risen 20 feet by now

He's made 100s of millions of dollars based on that "fact".
And Inhofe has accepted over $2M in campaign contributions for Oil & Gas and Mining industries. Those that would have the most to lose if we adopted a policy of restricted reliance on fossil fuels.

I'm sure it's just coincidence though that he takes this stance.

It's February, it's cold in the Northern Hemisphere, therefore there is no global warming.
I had both breakfast and lunch today, therefore there is no hunger in the world.

Do you think Al would indulge in his life style of travel and housing if he feared global warming? Travels private jet, lives and operates several large residences. Reasonably sure he does not drive a downsized car. Even if he drives battery operated, does that offset the operating cost of a jet? Do as I say, not as I do is good enough for the real people?

Re: Yep

Originally posted by WhiteTailEER:
Not only do you use Wikipedia as a source, but you use a Wikipedia page about a fictional novel?
I used Wikipedia as a quick link to the book. Crichton saw what was going on and wrote a fictional novel with footnotes. Read it and you might learn something about the global scam known as global warming.

Thank you Jim Inhofe

for your work in stopping Obama from writing billion dollar checks of our tax monies to be redistributed
to "poor" countries in the name of global warming.

If you remember in the last 10 years there has been numerous predictions of children growing
never seeing snow, ice-free arctics, January blossoms blooming in Washington D.C....all wrong.

We already know NASA lied about 2014 being the hottest on record, so I have no problem with
Inhofe letting them have it.

Fossil fuels fund the Sierra Club and East Anglia

but dwarf in comparison to Tom Steyer, George Soros and government funding.

The polar ice caps have been fudged by model predictions the Arctic should be gone, yet it
has experience record sea ice growth which was said not to be able to happen with our current
amount of CO2.

Sea level rise has been predicted to rise catastrophically, yet in reality has stayed the same.

CO2 continues to increase, yet the "97%" of scientists with the IPCC have said with certainty
that we would be statistically significantly warmer than we are now which in a nutshell means
they are wrong. The "3%" were right.

Global warming is not occurring. We haven't warmed for 18 years and are on a 10-year downtrend.
We have warmed from the last ice age and cooled since the warming period before that.

Re: Yep

Originally posted by Popeer:
Originally posted by WhiteTailEER:
I used Wikipedia as a quick link to the book. Crichton saw what was going on and wrote a fictional novel with footnotes. Read it and you might learn something about the global scam known as global warming.
Extremely good book. I especially like how real factual information and studies are cited in it. This was over 10 years ago when I read it. I've been a cautious skeptic since.

Originally posted by McKinley:

The polar ice caps have been fudged by model predictions the Arctic should be gone...

Wrong - no one ever predicted the ice caps would be gone by now, read the link. It contains the predictions.

Sea level rise has been predicted to rise catastrophically, yet in reality has stayed the same.

Wrong again - sea level rises have been predicted to be minimal, which is what they have been, but sea level is rising.

CO2 continues to increase, yet the "97%" of scientists with the IPCC have said with certainty
that we would be statistically significantly warmer than we are now which in a nutshell means
they are wrong. The "3%" were right.

Wrong again - even BP and Shell agree with the increases in CO2 levels. For God's sake, if the oil companies agree, what will it take to convince some of you.

Global warming is not occurring. We haven't warmed for 18 years and are on a 10-year downtrend.
We have warmed from the last ice age and cooled since the warming period before that.

Wrong again - look at the graph.

Crutem41.png

Scientists from all over the world

2 whole million? A senator from louisiana took 2 million from an industry in the state where half the oil and gas in the country is shipped to and from? 2 million bucks? Hard to believe.
This post was edited on 2/28 9:50 AM by dave

If you look at that graph it is definitely less than 10 years ago. Do you always argue against yourself?

Let me help you

First of all, I said CO2 is increasing, however, temperature is not, at least
not in the past 18 years. The IPCC said with 95% certainty we would be hotter than we are now. Here is the graph from the 1990 "experts".
https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ipcc-ar5draft-fig-1-4.gif

They were wrong, Dead wrong.

Second, no one ever predicted the ice caps would be gone? Here is the 2009 article from Al Gore, reiterating what he said in his 2007 Nobel Prize speech:

New computer modeling suggests the Arctic Ocean may be nearly ice-free in summer as early as 2014, Al Gore said today at the U.N. climate conference in Copenhagen.

The former vice president said the new projections suggest an almost-vanished summer ice cap could disappear much earlier than foreseen by a U.S. government agency just eight months.

"It is hard to capture the astonishment that the experts in the science of ice felt when they saw this," Gore told reporters and other conference participants at a joint briefing with Scandinavian officials and scientists, his first appearance at the two-week session.

(Posted by Doug Stanglin)

Update at 3:58 p.m. ET: "Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap during some of the summer months will be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years," Gore said.

Afterward his office clarified his statement, saying he meant nearly ice-free, because ice would be expected to survive in island channels and other locations.

Gore cited new scientific work at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School. The Navy relies on its research to plan submarine voyages to the poles. The computer modeling there stresses the "volumetric" and looks at both the surface extent of ice and its thickness.

In April, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicted that Arctic summers could be almost ice-free within 30 years, not at the 21st century's end as earlier predicted.

Originally posted by dave:
2 whole million? A senator from louisiana took 2 million from an industry in the state where half the oil and gas in the country is shipped to and from? 2 million bucks? Hard to believe.

This post was edited on 2/28 9:50 AM by dave
It's by far his largest contributing group (the next closest was less than half that), so to suggest he wouldn't be looking out for their best interests is extraordinarily naive.

Also, he's from Oklahoma, not Louisianna.

Not sure why i was thinking he was from la. I read an article about a sentor from there and inguess got them confused.

Nevertheless, are we really comparing asenator from an oil state representing countless citizens who work or benefit from the industry taking 2 million in contributions to a guy who lied about science to benefit his green energy investments for tens of millions. How much of that was government subsidy?

Originally posted by dave:
Not sure why i was thinking he was from la. I read an article about a sentor from there and inguess got them confused.

Nevertheless, are we really comparing asenator from an oil state representing countless citizens who work or benefit from the industry taking 2 million in contributions to a guy who lied about science to benefit his green energy investments for tens of millions. How much of that was government subsidy?
I wasn't comparing anything. I was merely pointing out the ridiculous logic used by the guy that's the chair of the environmental committee. If he had question specifics about the studies and the conclusions, I could respect that. To claim it all bunk because it's cold in DC in February is beyond stupid. People shouldn't lie about the science either, but you seem to excuse this behavior now as OK because somebody else lied before?

And I've seen a lot of people talk about green energy as if it isn't a legitimate pursuit because it has taken government subsidies. Why doesn't that same logic apply to oil and gas companies that STILL receive government subsidies?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT