• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Boomboom521

All-American
Mar 14, 2014
I hear the board conservatives always harp about how gubment needs to shrink until we need to bomb fvckers overseas, but I’m not totally sure that’s a uniform stance. And board liberals always seem to want the gubment to step in and save the weak minded. So on something like the seatbelt law, should we just let those fools crash through the windshield and make it one less moron in the world? Or should we let Uncle Sam be their momma?

I hear the board conservatives always harp about how gubment needs to shrink until we need to bomb fvckers overseas, but I’m not totally sure that’s a uniform stance. And board liberals always seem to want the gubment to step in and save the weak minded. So on something like the seatbelt law, should we just let those fools crash through the windshield and make it one less moron in the world? Or should we let Uncle Sam be their momma?
overall I think there should be one but I was involved in an accident in the 70's where if I had been wearing one I would be dead according to sheriffs office

Reactions: Boomboom521
I don’t think there should be a law. Common sense or survival of the fittest.

I’m in favor of pulling Narcan off the streets as well. I’d rather let the epidemic burn itself out. No reason to waste money saving these people.

LOL I love linking seatbelt laws to killing terrorists that have already killed Americans. How does that logic work?

Use safety devices or don’t - but be prepared for the consequences if you don’t. Same with idiots that are too cool to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

I believe there should be seatbelt laws for minors. Other than that...No. Government should not make laws protecting you from yourself. It's no one's business. Government should only be looking at laws that protect others from you.

I believe there should be seatbelt laws for minors. Other than that...No. Government should not make laws protecting you from yourself. It's no one's business. Government should only be looking at laws that protect others from you.
I can see the minor aspect, that’s protecting kids from shitty parents.

We’re not doing mankind any favors by diluting the gene pool with all of these morons. If we want to advance and adapt the species, we need to be willing to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Should we do away with AIDS research? Mother nature abhors abhorrent behavior

Seatbelts potentially saves your life. In no way does you wearing a seatbelt or not, affect me. It should be your choice. Same as the helmet law. Ohio requires a seatbelt to drive but lets you ride a motorcycle without a helmet. There should be no seatbelt laws, but for minors.
Again, it's not a right but a privilege. Each state can makes it's own laws on this.

Driving a car is a privilege and not a right. Seat belts are part of that privilege.

100% agree. We have to play by the rules. I just disagree with requiring a seatbelt. That said, law or not, I don't put my vehicle in drive until passengers and myself are wearing seatbelts.

Reactions: Airport
LOL I love linking seatbelt laws to killing terrorists that have already killed Americans. How does that logic work?

Use safety devices or don’t - but be prepared for the consequences if you don’t. Same with idiots that are too cool to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.
I honestly wasn’t trying to connect the two. But I do notice that guns rights people claim they need the 2nd to protect themselves against the government - yet they allow the government’s military to grow unbelievably powerful, basically unchecked, above civilian rule of law, and funded to a higher degree than anything else in our nation.

Smal government and a massive defense sector seem counterintuitive, imo.

Defending our country against enemies foreign and domestic...a duty of gubment.

Being a nanny to morons...not a duty of government.

Defending our country against enemies foreign and domestic...a duty of gubment.

Being a nanny to morons...not a duty of government.
Ban autos and motorcycles. Use of asses and elephants only for transportation......

Yes, there should be a seat-belt law. Seat belts save lives and reduce the severity of injuries sustained in auto accidents. It ends up saving everyone money in the form of lower automobile insurance premiums and lower health insurance costs and premiums.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Yes, there should be a seat-belt law. Seat belts save lives and reduce the severity of injuries sustained in auto accidents. It ends up saving everyone money in the form of lower automobile insurance premiums and lower health insurance costs and premiums.

Yes...Government should have all power and control. It knows what's good for you better than you do.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
You against speed limits too? Should we let people drive 55 in neighborhoods?

Your stupidity amazes me.

Did I say that? Speed limits protect others. Me wearing a seatbelt doesn't protect you or anyone else. Your lack of basic knowledge regarding your own argument doesn't amaze me much anymore. It happens so often, the element of surprise is gone.

Did I say that? Speed limits protect others. Me wearing a seatbelt doesn't protect you or anyone else. Your lack of basic knowledge regarding your own argument doesn't amaze me much anymore. It happens so often, the element of surprise is gone.

And you wearing a seatbelt reduces my insurance premiums, just like my original post stated, moron.

And you wearing a seatbelt reduces my insurance premiums, just like my original post stated, moron.

Your name-calling adds nothing, but me wearing a seatbelt doesn't reduce your premiums.

Disagree? Prove it. Insured homes in California, for example, that are burned to the ground, raise everyone's insurance across the country. Hurricanes in the South? Yep...Insured or not, raises everyone's insurance.

Your name-calling adds nothing, but me wearing a seatbelt doesn't reduce your premiums.

Disagree? Prove it. Insured homes in California, for example, that are burned to the ground, raise everyone's insurance across the country. Hurricanes in the South? Yep...Insured or not, raises everyone's insurance.

Go talk with an Actuary.

In no way does you wearing a seatbelt or not, affect me.
Except for when you pay for the dumb fuc*s that don't wear their seatbelts.

I'm fine with killing olds and dummies or letting them just die naturally, but as a society in whole....we aren't there. In the mean time, we should do whatever we can to lower the costs for the decent people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT