ADVERTISEMENT

Saw 13 Hrs

I wonder why no one has ever questioned the wisdom of Clinton and Obama for placing Stevens,given his lifestyle choice, in such a high position in the Middle East. It only placed him more in harms way.

That's an interesting point ... but we also have laws against discrimination. It's an interesting line in this case.

Like press conferences?

Just like everytime our CIC gives a lecture about how smart he is and how stupid we are. If Obama is so smart, why does it take him 30 mins to answer a question that most people could answer in 3 mins?

Just like everytime our CIC gives a lecture about how smart he is and how stupid we are. If Obama is so smart, why does it take him 30 mins to answer a question that most people could answer in 3 mins?

Calm down . :) It was just a throwaway line as a joke. [banana]
To be honest, there's very few of those people that I can tolerate watching speak.

Reactions: Airport

Thats an easy one....It takes a few moments before his handlers get the lines to the teleprompter. Ever wonder why he always mumbles and stutters for a few minutes?

That's an interesting point ... but we also have laws against discrimination. It's an interesting line in this case.

Nothing was as dangerous as having him go unprotected or underprotected. Shit happens but I'd like to ask the chief of station if that were his friend or son 1 mile away, would you have let those special opserators go or told them to sit it out? Bureaucrats are the worst and the Chief of station was the consummate bureaucrat.

Calm down . :) It was just a throwaway line as a joke. [banana]
To be honest, there's very few of those people that I can tolerate watching speak.

Part of the problem is that it's a gottcha world. Yu make one mistake and you aren't fit for dog catcher.

Part of the problem is that it's a gottcha world. Yu make one mistake and you aren't fit for dog catcher.

That's part of it.
I just can't watch them speak because they rarely seem genuine, at least not to me. Also, I would love to see some straight up honesty without the political divisiveness.

But that's what you're referencing with the "gotcha" world, at least if I understand correctly. They have to be careful and measured and therefore disingenuous so they don't slip up.

Unless you're Donald Trump ... then you can say any stupid thing you want.

That's part of it.
I just can't watch them speak because they rarely seem genuine, at least not to me. Also, I would love to see some straight up honesty without the political divisiveness.

But that's what you're referencing with the "gotcha" world, at least if I understand correctly. They have to be careful and measured and therefore disingenuous so they don't slip up.

Unless you're Donald Trump ... then you can say any stupid thing you want.

Saying stupid things is what has made him popular. At least, saying what's on his mind and how he really feels. People like that, give it to us straight. Not some PC crap that makes no sense.

I wonder why no one has ever questioned the wisdom of Clinton and Obama for placing Stevens,given his lifestyle choice, in such a high position in the Middle East. It only placed him more in harms way.
Stevens had been in Libya since the revolution. And questions about why Stevens thought it was safe to go to the least stable part of Libya on September 11 with only a two-man security detail sounds like blaming the victim.

It' was Sigonella Air base and it was 468 miles and they could get there in 30 mins without breaking the sound barrier. You need to get your head out of your ass when it comes to keeping our people safe. G I've been told by special ops pilots that they have flown suppression flights and they do work. Somebody fvck up by sitting on their collective asses. I'd like to know ,why?
You're the one who said Aviano, dumbass, and we don't keep F-16s at Sigonella, although we do have AC-130s there -- which also would have required two hours to reach Benghazi. So who needs to get whose head out of whose ass? Suppression flights do work, if they know where to go and who to suppress.

Stevens had been in Libya since the revolution. And questions about why Stevens thought it was safe to go to the least stable part of Libya on September 11 with only a two-man security detail sounds like blaming the victim.

You're the one who said Aviano, dumbass, and we don't keep F-16s at Sigonella, although we do have AC-130s there -- which also would have required two hours to reach Benghazi. So who needs to get whose head out of whose ass? Suppression flights do work, if they know where to go and who to suppress.

Well, when you have eyes on, predator drone, you have a pretty good idea of what's going on. I want to know who really nixed those flights? There has to be more here than just the annex being under attack. The station chief should not receive a medal.

Well, when you have eyes on, predator drone, you have a pretty good idea of what's going on. I want to know who really nixed those flights? There has to be more here than just the annex being under attack. The station chief should not receive a medal.

Two hours would have stopped the annex attack but we still would have lost the ambassador, allowing that things played out the same way.

It' was Sigonella Air base and it was 468 miles and they could get there in 30 mins without breaking the sound barrier. You need to get your head out of your ass when it comes to keeping our people safe. G I've been told by special ops pilots that they have flown suppression flights and they do work. Somebody fvck up by sitting on their collective asses. I'd like to know ,why?
Mach 1 is around 761 mph. 468 miles traveled in 30 minutes means that your average rate is 936 mph. Your assertion that this could be done without breaking the sound barrier is not sound arithmetic.

Mach 1 is around 761 mph. 468 miles traveled in 30 minutes means that your average rate is 936 mph. Your assertion that this could be done without breaking the sound barrier is not sound arithmetic.

OK less than an hour. Still would have gotten there in time to help the annex

They could have flown in a Cessna 172 and got to the annex.

Reactions: Airport
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT