ADVERTISEMENT

Saw 13 Hrs

DvlDog4WVU

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Great film. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday for the liberal talking points.

Very much put the situation into perspective for anyone not familiar with combat and the retarded notions put forth in defense of what occurred.

Great film. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday for the liberal talking points.

Very much put the situation into perspective for anyone not familiar with combat and the retarded notions put forth in defense of what occurred.

Just got back from it. Powerful film. Just can't believe that they didn't authorize those suppression flights. Thirty min flight from Aviano. Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

they will indict the film maker for daring to make a movie that just might criticize mao or hillary

It is a cinematic movie meant to make money. It might be entertaining and i hope to see it. But believing it is a historical image of exactly what happened, that should not be done by the public. Producers and directors have a tendency to embellish.

It's a Micheal Bay movie, FFS.

And the guy that directed Step Brothers also directed The Big Short.

That being said, I'd bet that 13 Hours had plenty of these...
bad%20boys,%20spinning%20shot.gif

the%20rock,%20spin%20shot.gif

bad%20boys%202%20hero%20shot.gif

pearl%20harbor%20spin%20shot.gif

It is a cinematic movie meant to make money. It might be entertaining and i hope to see it. But believing it is a historical image of exactly what happened, that should not be done by the public. Producers and directors have a tendency to embellish.
yeah....just like that old classic " an inconvenient truth"

The three guys who wrote the book, said it was a pretty accurate representation of what happened. Things that were said, fighting that happened, looking for the Ambassador, everything else. If you'd like to tell those three Americans it wasn't very accurate, I will gladly hold your coat while you explain to them that their friends dying and how they died and what they did wasn't accurate. Those guys aren't political, they're telling the truth about what happened.

The three guys who wrote the book, said it was a pretty accurate representation of what happened. Things that were said, fighting that happened, looking for the Ambassador, everything else. If you'd like to tell those three Americans it wasn't very accurate, I will gladly hold your coat while you explain to them that their friends dying and how they died and what they did wasn't accurate. Those guys aren't political, they're telling the truth about what happened.
You can believe everything if you wish. Lets just say reasonable people in today's world should be a little cynical. And yes, I have no problem saying anything I say here to a person's face.

Reactions: countryroads89
You can believe everything if you wish. Lets just say reasonable people in today's world should be a little cynical. And yes, I have no problem saying anything I say here to a person's face.

I guess that would hold true for what the President, Hilary, Susan rice have said too? Which three would you trust? OZ, Tonto, Tieg or Obama,Hil or Rice? I know who I wouldn't want to be in a tough spot with. Those three have said, on the record, that what is in the movie is accurate. The other three blame it all on a video. Whom would you believe?

I would bet you would be very careful how you would say that the movie isn't an accurate depiction of that day and night to their faces.

See, I think this is where my initial post is being misrepresented. I understand things in Cinema are embellished, dialogue, action, etc.

What I meant in my opening post was that this movie puts the surrounding sub points into perspective. The strategic decisions leading up to the night WRT security for the ambassador, the facility, the decision to delay the GRS guys from going to the compound (the only thing that could theoretically have saved the ambassador), the reality of indigenous support, and how fast things turned badly. It also puts into perspective that we left the CIA station basically out to dry. The time has always been the thing that I have been most concerned about around this event. It lasted 13 hrs. hypothetically, that's almost enough time to get a Delta team from Bragg to Benghazi. The notion that we did nothing was extremely disconcerting to me.

If there was indeed a UAS asset overhead, the video on that feed was piped into every TOC from the local CIA outpost to AFRICOM HQ to the White House. You could see what was happening and you could easily see they were under a heavy assault.

See, I think this is where my initial post is being misrepresented. I understand things in Cinema are embellished, dialogue, action, etc.

What I meant in my opening post was that this movie puts the surrounding sub points into perspective. The strategic decisions leading up to the night WRT security for the ambassador, the facility, the decision to delay the GRS guys from going to the compound (the only thing that could theoretically have saved the ambassador), the reality of indigenous support, and how fast things turned badly. It also puts into perspective that we left the CIA station basically out to dry. The time has always been the thing that I have been most concerned about around this event. It lasted 13 hrs. hypothetically, that's almost enough time to get a Delta team from Bragg to Benghazi. The notion that we did nothing was extremely disconcerting to me.

If there was indeed a UAS asset overhead, the video on that feed was piped into every TOC from the local CIA outpost to AFRICOM HQ to the White House. You could see what was happening and you could easily see they were under a heavy assault.

Do you think they were running guns out of there to Syria? It was a 30 min flight from Aviano to Benghazi with 45 mins over target. Full afterburner at 200 feet would have scared the living crap out of everybody.

Do you think they were running guns out of there to Syria? It was a 30 min flight from Aviano to Benghazi with 45 mins over target. Full afterburner at 200 feet would have scared the living crap out of everybody.
Do I think who was running guns? The agency? It's not hard to get stuff into Syria man, it's also not that difficult to acquire the stuff to get into Syria. It wouldn't surprise me if some of that was coming from Libya. However, there are places a hell of a lot closer to get it from. I would say the main mission was assessing the different factions and figuring out to manipulate the situation to be favorable to us both politically and financially. Remember though, you are working in multiple layers when you are working in intelligence. Something seemingly innocuous and unrelated today can pay dividends 10 years from now.

I think at the time, every defense company in the US was licking their chops to go into Libya. Our BD team was there for a month lining up contracts. It was a very real possibility that within 6 months I was going to start doing some rotations over there, then this shit happened.

Full burner at 200 feet would have busted every window and or ear drum in the city.

Do I think who was running guns? The agency? It's not hard to get stuff into Syria man, it's also not that difficult to acquire the stuff to get into Syria. It wouldn't surprise me if some of that was coming from Libya. However, there are places a hell of a lot closer to get it from. I would say the main mission was assessing the different factions and figuring out to manipulate the situation to be favorable to us both politically and financially. Remember though, you are working in multiple layers when you are working in intelligence. Something seemingly innocuous and unrelated today can pay dividends 10 years from now.

I think at the time, every defense company in the US was licking their chops to go into Libya. Our BD team was there for a month lining up contracts. It was a very real possibility that within 6 months I was going to start doing some rotations over there, then this shit happened.

Full burner at 200 feet would have busted every window and or ear drum in the city.

I stood on the driving range in Va beach with the end of the runway of Oceana within 500 yds or so. When they ran up those engines before take off, it did hurt . Busting windows and some ear drums would have been my last worry over my men and countrymen. Maybe not full afterburner. My good friend was a full bird, flew F15, air combat control officer embedded with an armored division in the Iraq ground war, said that suppression flights work and have worked. Why it wasn't used was not fathomable to him. Guy was shot twice and broke his back in Tora Bora looking for the big guy. He has some wild stories.

I didn't misunderstand or misrepresent your initial post. I did not respond to it in any way. I understand your comments how they were intended and have no issue.

And the guy that directed Step Brothers also directed The Big Short.

That being said, I'd bet that 13 Hours had plenty of these...
bad%20boys,%20spinning%20shot.gif

the%20rock,%20spin%20shot.gif

bad%20boys%202%20hero%20shot.gif

pearl%20harbor%20spin%20shot.gif
No, it had pics of fghter jets sitting on a runway doing absolutely nothing. had a drone flying overhead relaying real time pics of what was happening.

I haven't seen the movie or read the book. But I have read that parts of the movie-particularly the alleged "stand-down" order directly contradict what US military leader have testified in congressional hearings. So, if that is the case, do you believe generals/admirals testifying under oath with the possibility of perjury hanging over them or some guy who made a movie who he wants as much publicity as possible. ?

I haven't seen the movie or read the book. But I have read that parts of the movie-particularly the alleged "stand-down" order directly contradict what US military leader have testified in congressional hearings. So, if that is the case, do you believe generals/admirals testifying under oath with the possibility of perjury hanging over them or some guy who made a movie who he wants as much publicity as possible. ?
The GRS guys have come outright and said they were told to stand down. This very issue was raised last week. He said she said at this point. Regardless, they were the only hope of saving the Ambassador.

I believe those guys there and not some REMF trying to get promoted and further their career.

It could have been the chief of station who was acting on his own, when he told them two times to wait and once to stand down. He retired right after this. If not for those special operators, 30 people would have died. People who really know what has been done in these type of situations, know what wasn't done. Suppression flights have been done before and Aviano was a 40 min flight from Benghazi. Sorry, but this is a black eye for our country in it's support of overseas operatives. Those men have been consistent in what they said happened and what didn't. Not one time have they accused anybody. They have stated the facts as they knew it. Nobody that was there has ever said one word to contradict them. I would guess that they know the truth and owe those men their lives. The movie isn't particularly political. You are allowed to make your own opinion. The story is how these men put their lives on the line to save others. That's the real story.

It could have been the chief of station who was acting on his own, when he told them two times to wait and once to stand down. He retired right after this. If not for those special operators, 30 people would have died. People who really know what has been done in these type of situations, know what wasn't done. Suppression flights have been done before and Aviano was a 40 min flight from Benghazi. Sorry, but this is a black eye for our country in it's support of overseas operatives. Those men have been consistent in what they said happened and what didn't. Not one time have they accused anybody. They have stated the facts as they knew it. Nobody that was there has ever said one word to contradict them. I would guess that they know the truth and owe those men their lives. The movie isn't particularly political. You are allowed to make your own opinion. The story is how these men put their lives on the line to save others. That's the real story.
Well, as I said, I haven't seen it. And I'm sure these guys acted heroically. But it is patently obvious that the right is using this movie politically as some sort of see, I told you so, Obama and Hillary got these guys killed. It's really in poor taste. But that shouldn't surprise anyone.

There were only 2 pseudo political things done in the movie. 1 was during the initial assessment of the compound and what it lacked from normal stations. The other was a brief mention that the initial Intel was this was being caused by some online video and protests were breaking out across the Middle East. This one was almost an as an aside type of discussion, one of the DoS guys said it didn't make sense because there was no protest, just an assault and that it had to be planned.

I recommend it just on the sake of it being a really good military/action movie. A better acted version of Act of Valor.

Reactions: Marleer
Well, as I said, I haven't seen it. And I'm sure these guys acted heroically. But it is patently obvious that the right is using this movie politically as some sort of see, I told you so, Obama and Hillary got these guys killed. It's really in poor taste. But that shouldn't surprise anyone.
No, that's not what they're doing. What they're doing is saying "see, they clearly lied", which they clearly did.

By the way, did you have similar outrage at the movie depicting W's assassination and theoretical aftermath? I think it was called Death of a President.

They didn't get them killed. They failed to act in a way that would have shown that they cared. There were assets in the area, why we failed to act, makes no sense.

There were only 2 pseudo political things done in the movie. 1 was during the initial assessment of the compound and what it lacked from normal stations. The other was a brief mention that the initial Intel was this was being caused by some online video and protests were breaking out across the Middle East. This one was almost an as an aside type of discussion, one of the DoS guys said it didn't make sense because there was no protest, just an assault and that it had to be planned.

I recommend it just on the sake of it being a really good military/action movie. A better acted version of Act of Valor.

Well, they were real actors and not real life seals. Some of those sequences in acts was pretty impressive. Especially the live ammo used to obliterate that truck. I doubt if very many actors ever get to say they were involved in real live ammo shootings.

No, that's not what they're doing. What they're doing is saying "see, they clearly lied", which they clearly did.

By the way, did you have similar outrage at the movie depicting W's assassination and theoretical aftermath? I think it was called Death of a President.

Liberals are for free speech as long as you don't disagree with them or make fun of their president. They are hypocrits

Found out today that my neighbor's brother was one of the six dudes...not one of the primary ones that are the focus of the movie though. Per my neighbor, his brother was portrayed by a tall blond actor.

Not a surprise, his brother has no desire to see the movie nor read the book.

I also haven't read the book nor seen the movie (yet) but it's on my to-do list.

Just like the left used Farenheit 9/11.

Just like the left used Farenheit 9/11.

For Liberals, anything that depicted Bush as stupid or lying was ok. Anything that conservatives would use against Obama or Hilary would be racist or sexist. The movie let's you make up your own mind.

Jesus Hubert Christ on a crutch. It is not 30 minutes from Aviano to Benghazi, it's more than two hours. And that pre-supposes that we keep aircraft sitting on the runway with weapons loaded and armed and flight crews awaiting the go order, which we do not. I read the other day how we had Special Operations troops "on the way" to Libya and that they could have arrived in time "if only ..." Yeah, if only they weren't coming from Macedonia. A bunch of you need to stop getting your ideas of how the U.S. military operates from movies and comic books.

Jesus Hubert Christ on a crutch. It is not 30 minutes from Aviano to Benghazi, it's more than two hours. And that pre-supposes that we keep aircraft sitting on the runway with weapons loaded and armed and flight crews awaiting the go order, which we do not. I read the other day how we had Special Operations troops "on the way" to Libya and that they could have arrived in time "if only ..." Yeah, if only they weren't coming from Macedonia. A bunch of you need to stop getting your ideas of how the U.S. military operates from movies and comic books.
13 hrs from first to last shot. And I know exactly how the military operates, specifically the special side of the house. As I've said, the Ambassador was screwed, only teams on the ground could have helped. The CIA complex was left to be fvcked.

It' was Sigonella Air base and it was 468 miles and they could get there in 30 mins without breaking the sound barrier. You need to get your head out of your ass when it comes to keeping our people safe. G I've been told by special ops pilots that they have flown suppression flights and they do work. Somebody fvck up by sitting on their collective asses. I'd like to know ,why?

Last edited:
Watched interviews last night with 3 of the men on the ground, in the combat, eye opening.

I wonder why no one has ever questioned the wisdom of Clinton and Obama for placing Stevens,given his lifestyle choice, in such a high position in the Middle East. It only placed him more in harms way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT