ADVERTISEMENT

Sanctions ? ...LOL

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
The Biden administration has been threatening to execute what Vice President Kamala Harris called "some of the greatest sanctions, if not the strongest, that we’ve ever issued."

But Putin has shown from day one that he is largely unconcerned with Western sanctions.

As Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy said in response, "We don’t need your sanctions … after we will have no borders and after we will have no economy or part of our country will be occupied. Why would we need those sanctions then?"

The Biden administration has been threatening to execute what Vice President Kamala Harris called "some of the greatest sanctions, if not the strongest, that we’ve ever issued."

But Putin has shown from day one that he is largely unconcerned with Western sanctions.

As Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy said in response, "We don’t need your sanctions … after we will have no borders and after we will have no economy or part of our country will be occupied. Why would we need those sanctions then?"

It's just political theater right now....SANCTIONS!

Meanwhile he's taking full control of the country

Need to see an aggressive attempt by Ukraine to fight back themselves before anyone convinces me we should get involved.

Get back to producing the world's most energy and forget about them.

The dimwit in office could have set the cruise control on foreign policy (and everything else for that matter) and Russia and its actions would be a fart in the wind to us.

Pedo-Joe has created chaos at every turn. Worst president EVER and it's not even close.

Reactions: mtn1neer
Was that your response in 1990 when Iraq invaded Kuwait?

That invasion directly affected the United States. Iraq was wanting control of Middle East oil. Apples to oranges to compare.

If not for a completely incompetent president, Pedo-Joe, Russia's invasion likely wouldn't have happened to begin with. But if it did, we could have completely ignored it. The pedophile is a disaster and utter failure.

Need to see an aggressive attempt by Ukraine to fight back themselves before anyone convinces me we should get involved.

Too late for that. Not many small nation militaries would have any real ability to withstand a Russian offensive like this.

IMO, and I'm probably not thinking clearly on this. Would should be running drone flights over Ukraine, providing some sort of assistance. Because I suspect at the end of the day, Russia's gotten Ukraine, Putin will ignore sanctions (with the help of China) and China will be more emboldened to take Taiwan.

Different administration.

I wouldn’t trust this administration to hit water if it fell out of a fvcking boat. Absolutely no chance I was Biden, Lloyd Austin, Jake Sullivan and the rest of the crew that fvcked Afghanistan up trying to navigate this Ukraine conflict.

They sent Kamala to Louisiana today so she’s not having to give sound bites.

The whole administration is in disarray and we’re barely a year into this administration. SOTU is gonna be awesome. Hahahahha I picture that scene from “The Postman” when he’s lying about President Starkey.

Reactions: 30CAT and polar80
Too late for that. Not many small nation militaries would have any real ability to withstand a Russian offensive like this.

IMO, and I'm probably not thinking clearly on this. Would should be running drone flights over Ukraine, providing some sort of assistance. Because I suspect at the end of the day, Russia's gotten Ukraine, Putin will ignore sanctions (with the help of China) and China will be more emboldened to take Taiwan.
We’re flying, but we aren’t engaging.

Different administration.

I wouldn’t trust this administration to hit water if it fell out of a fvcking boat. Absolutely no chance I was Biden, Lloyd Austin, Jake Sullivan and the rest of the crew that fvcked Afghanistan up trying to navigate this Ukraine conflict.

They sent Kamala to Louisiana today so she’s not having to give sound bites.

The whole administration is in disarray and we’re barely a year into this administration. SOTU is gonna be awesome. Hahahahha I picture that scene from “The Postman” when he’s lying about President Starkey.
So then, we sit back, do nothing? That's solid.

Any chance this administration steps down? That’d be a positive step in the right direction. Get some pipe hitters back in charge instead of a bunch of policy wonks.
You and I both know that's not happening. So, sit back....do nothing....let Putin gain strength.....just because you don't trust this administration.

From what I'm reading the military is already destroyed and it will become an insurgency battle...feel really had for those people.

Any chance this administration steps down? That’d be a positive step in the right direction. Get some pipe hitters back in charge instead of a bunch of policy wonks.

If you could appoint one person to he pres right now, who would it be?

Asking for conversation...there is an absence of strong leadership in the world.

There's tactics for taking on large forces. They have learned from us and Russia on how to do it. Get busy or pound sand. The weapons we are selling them. People might want to start asking who they borrowed the money to pay for them if they don’t already know.

From what I'm reading the military is already destroyed and it will become an insurgency battle...feel really had for those people.

There's tactics for taking on large forces. They have learned from us and Russia on how to do it. Get busy or pound sand. The weapons we are selling them. People might want to start asking who they borrowed the money to pay for them if they don’t already know.

That invasion directly affected the United States. Iraq was wanting control of Middle East oil. Apples to oranges to compare.

If not for a completely incompetent president, Pedo-Joe, Russia's invasion likely wouldn't have happened to begin with. But if it did, we could have completely ignored it. The pedophile is a disaster and utter failure.
Mush for Brain Biden doesn't scare Putin or any other foreign leader

As much as I disliked Bush Sr he could handle it. This administration can't handle this. If they could we wouldn't be in this position. It has potential to spiral into WW3. Let's hope it doesn't.

As much as I disliked Bush Sr he could handle it. This administration can't handle this. If they could we wouldn't be in this position. It has potential to spiral into WW3. Let's hope it doesn't.
So, you are fine then allowing Putin to do this just because you believe this administration "can't handle it"? I remind you, Bush didn't handle the Gulf War very well considering he allowed Saddam to remain in power and gave rise to Al Qaeda and Bin Laden.

So, you are fine then allowing Putin to do this just because you believe this administration "can't handle it"? I remind you, Bush didn't handle the Gulf War very well considering he allowed Saddam to remain in power and gave rise to Al Qaeda and Bin Laden.

SMFH. I'm not fine with Putin doing anything. I just know this administration isn't capable of handling anything like this. I wonder where I might have learned that.

That action was not going to start WWIII...If we directly engage Russian forces...WWIII will be upon us.
While I have severlly critized Biden on how he acted about the pre Russian invasion...NOW....he basiclly cannot do anything that will stop what's going on ,and I don't ANY POTUS could do anything different...AND...I'm not sure if I would trust Trump if he was in charge at this stage.

SMFH. I'm not fine with Putin doing anything. I just know this administration isn't capable of handling anything like this. I wonder where I might have learned that.
If you had a beaten up, run-down, old car that you didn't have confidence you'd make it 2 miles down the road before it broke down, would you still not use it to prevent something bad from happening to you?

Lol John Kerry just said he's concerned this war will distract us from climate change....
President Biden’s climate czar, John Kerry, warned Wednesday that Russia’s war against Ukraine is going to distract the world from the climate change crisis and produce "massive emissions" that will negatively impact the globe

"But massive emissions consequences to the war – but equally importantly, you're going to lose people's focus, you're going to lose certainly big country attention because they will be diverted and I think it could have a damaging impact," he continued. "So, you know, I think hopefully President Putin would realize that in the northern part of his country, they used to live on 66% of the nation that was over frozen land."

"Now it's thawing, and his infrastructure is at risk," he added. "And the people of Russia are at risk. And so I hope President Putin will help us to stay on track with respect to what we need to do for the climate."

Kerry, who has faced criticism for his own impact on climate change, made similar comments Sunday when he told GZERO Media’s Ian Bremmer that a Russian invasion of Ukraine will have a "monumental impact on the ability and willingness of people to do what’s necessary" to curb emissions, and it will be "very tough for the climate agenda, there’s no question about it."

Reactions: moe
That action was not going to start WWIII...If we directly engage Russian forces...WWIII will be upon us.
While I have severlly critized Biden on how he acted about the pre Russian invasion...NOW....he basiclly cannot do anything that will stop what's going on ,and I don't ANY POTUS could do anything different...AND...I'm not sure if I would trust Trump if he was in charge at this stage.
Same mindset in 1938. Didn't end well, appeasement that is.

Did Biden just say... let's wait a month and see what happens regarding these Sanctions?

LMAO....

You could bet your A$$ it wouldn't be at this stage if he were in charge. Putin would have still be lying in wait for a leftist dimwit.
I agree...it would have NEVER happened under Trump....AND ....It NEVER happened under Trump.
My concern would be if Trump would engage....Putin would go NUKE.

If you had a beaten up, run-down, old car that you didn't have confidence you'd make it 2 miles down the road before it broke down, would you still not use it to prevent something bad from happening to you?

Sadly, the pedophile inherited a 2022 Lamborghini and he traded it for a 1977 Yugo, the second he became president.

Did you not just hear that vegetables press conference? This isn't Iraq. This is Russia and China eventually. We need a better car.

You and I both know that's not happening. So, sit back....do nothing....let Putin gain strength.....just because you don't trust this administration.
I was neck deep in the AFG withdrawal. I’d rather let Putin gain strength and hopefully bog down with an insurgency than THESE guys clusterfvck us into a big war.

That’s I think the point. At this point, it’s Europe’s problem. This doesn’t impact us, really, at all. Nothing really bad, for us.

The time to do something has past. Biden and the gang can facilitate an insurgency and sanction, that’s about it, now.

Putin is playing a finite game with a defined objective - regime change in Ukraine. Ukraine is playing a infinite game (or at least they should be) - keep the game going. They can't match up against Russia man-to-man on the field, so hopefully for them they have strategically set up to keep in the game as long as possible...and Russia gives up ala Afghanistan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT