ADVERTISEMENT

Sagaba

Barkley was a lot thicker. And fatter. Which helped him move people and not be moved down low. And he was more coordinated and quick with his feet. Just overall more athletic. I hope Kanate makes it, but he won't have the prototypical measurables for any position. If he's 6'6", I don't see it. A huge maybe at 6'8". He won't get much quicker feet. He has an uncanny knack for blocking shots, but he'll never throw anyone thru a plate glass window and no one will ever compare him to Barkley.

Charles' college picture.......compare it to Sags..........and lastly, for those claiming Sags is 6'6", how tall is Huggs? Around 6'3"? Look at the picture of him standing with Sags........does that look like just 3" difference or 5"??????

54b46416d15b89629a347c6f8c3c3e15.jpg

Kansas+v+West+Virginia+ge4ZdBxcNPkx.jpg

572fe218d47c9.image.jpg

Will Konate be WV's first NBA success in many, many moons?
Sags has been getting better with each game with mid-range shots. He is only a sophomore so I like his chance on steadily improving his shooting. If he can get more consistent with those mid-range shots and occasionally make long range shots, I do not see why he couldn't do well in the 4 spot on an NBA team. He may even improve his shooting enough to work the 3 spot too. His vertical jump from the standing position doesn't resemble a 6-6 height. His timing on blocks is natural. He will get some looks IMHO.

Charles' college picture.......compare it to Sags..........and lastly, for those claiming Sags is 6'6", how tall is Huggs? Around 6'3"? Look at the picture of him standing with Sags........does that look like just 3" difference or 5"??????

54b46416d15b89629a347c6f8c3c3e15.jpg

Kansas+v+West+Virginia+ge4ZdBxcNPkx.jpg

572fe218d47c9.image.jpg
Ok, Barkley wasn't fat in college, just thicker. But he had the frame to carry the extra lbs he put on in the pros that Karate Kanate doesn't appear to have. Not a huge difference but 20-30#. Who knows what Barkley could have done with real shorts.

Ok, Barkley wasn't fat in college, just thicker. But he had the frame to carry the extra lbs he put on in the pros that Karate Kanate doesn't appear to have. Not a huge difference but 20-30#. Who knows what Barkley could have done with real shorts.

Sags and Barkley's college body frames are almost identical, except Sags is taller. And standing next to Huggs, sure does appear that Sags is 6'8".......

I watch a lot of NBA, and I just don't think Konate will be that guy. As others said, I think he's a tweener. He's not tall enough to be in the post, and not skilled enough with the ball to be on the wing.

I think Carter is our best chance. There is a spot in the NBA for defensive guys, but it would have to be the right team/right style/right personnel. Carter reminds me of Patrick Beverly.
Patrick Beverly reference just now on ESPN for jc :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT