ADVERTISEMENT

Sad thing is we could have won this league still with a 100% healthy Konate. It’s parity.

Sags will play in 2 weeks I hear. They will be tough in a Big 12 tourney. Get the automatic bid. Parity is in Big 12 this year. Culver and Konate will cause problems for folks. Twin towers will cover up some other boo boos. Not all of them but some.

Even with Konate West Virginia will have issues with defending the perimeter.

When someone penetrates people have to collpase.
Doesn't matter that you have Konate in the middle.
Once the ball gets thrown out and the team collapses you going to have open shooters and people going to the rim.

More than that with Konate in the middle what is Culver going to do.
Neither can shoot or have any perimeter game.

Putting two bigs on the court will hurt Culver because unlike Konate Culver can score off the dribble or with his back to the basket.

Last edited:
Townsvansandt just understand this. WVU will be a lot more dangerous in Big 12 tournament with Konate and Culver together. Period. We easily beat Texas with Konate playing.

Don't back-pedal now, Pride. If both Konate and Culver play, then WVU will not only win the Big 12 Tournament, but also advance to the Final Four, and be a title contender, according to the former you.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Texas' offense is boring and it seems like the guards run in circles at times.
But ..against some teams Coleman gets penetration
West Virginia was one.

Texas' guards were one or two steps faster.
Plus Jericho Sims didn't even play. Two bigs doesn't worry Texas because they have two bigs who are great athletes and will be playing in the NBA.

Sags will play in 2 weeks I hear. They will be tough in a Big 12 tourney. Get the automatic bid. Parity is in Big 12 this year. Culver and Konate will cause problems for folks. Twin towers will cover up some other boo boos. Not all of them but some.

ConfusedSolidInchworm-small.gif

I told you Allison wasn’t the answer just like I told you Chuggs and Ford were not good.

Austin Kendall will be a very solid QB. He strengthens the QB room. I have confidence that Neal Brown will develop Trey Lowe over the offseason in spring and fall camp. He can make Lowe a guy at QB.

I wholeheartedly agree. Kendall will be our starter for 2019, 2020 and then Lowe unless we get a 4-5 star stud from Kentucky or somewhere?

I also think that Kendall will be effective THIS YEAR, no more of this a QB needs multiple years to fully understand Holgersen’s offense crap.

Spot on Chris. Kendall is a guy now. He will play well and win day 1. Neal Brown won’t screw over and ruin dual threats. He will develop Lowe nicely. I look for Allison to grad transfer after spring or after next fall. He will fall to 2nd-3rd string. He graduates this May. He may leave in summer cause Kendall will easily beat him out. Both are juniors.

These topics veer off very quickly.

I think Kendall can be a very good QB. But you want your QB to get better with experience with the offense.
That means he has complete control and you can add different layers.

Kendall knows how to go through his progressions and knows how to take advantage of coverage.
Things Lincoln Riley preaches.

The move from DH to Neal Brown on offense and the move from OU to WV is not that drastic.

You are going to see WV do a lot of what you saw last year but I think you are going to see Tevin Bush and Simms in space.
At least attempted to be put in space.

Hopefully Kendall has the arm strength.
Once you do this I think that opens up the jet sweeps and the downhill running game..

Kendall will be very big time by September after a full offseason with Neal Brown and staff. He was already good but got stuck behind 2 Heisman winners.

Pride304 is correct on here 90% of time. It’s a shame
he (it) can’t post on other boards with his in depth
WV Knowledge. Go 304!!!

Sags' situation is one of the most confusing I've observed on a Mountaineer in a long time (maybe ever). Concerning interference
of his brother - Sags developed into a player of national reputation because of playing for Huggs. Then with the knee
injury - all of sudden he has his brother involved. The results? His presence on the court into the shitter and the team
facing a losing season. With at full-steam I say maybe 2 or 3 losses. This has just turned the entire season on its head
AND most likely destroyed his slim chance of making it into the NBA. He was going along very well without his
brother's involvement then down, down, down. really a shame - hope he pulls it out.

Kendall will be very big time by September after a full offseason with Neal Brown and staff. He was already good but got stuck behind 2 Heisman winners.

Hopefully he is against Missouri.
They need a few more kicks to the mouth.

But in regards to the Big XII.
Texas is in a Catch 22. They cannot undermine OU. Most people want to but the Big XII needs a strong OU. This means WV needs to jump to their level.
Texas is already there. Might pass Oklahoma this year.
Kendall and Neal Brown can be a start. I think the D needs two strong Neal Brown/Vic Koenning recruiting classes.
Especially in the secondary and at DE.

Tennessee didn't gives any credit either. How'd that turn out?

Missouri fans are over inflating their heads. Kind of Mountaineer style 9 months in advance. But 1 thing for sure is Tiger fans can't count.

(quote) Mizzou Mule
iconmizzou.gif

Missouri Fan
St. Charles County, Missou-rah
Member since Sep 2014
2207 posts
re: Predict Mizzou's 2019 Football RecordPosted on 1/25/19 at 12:47 pm to bigDgator
My “way-too-early most-rosey” guess. I am assuming (oh boy) that the D gets their act together. 11-1 and we're going NY6 bowling! We can't bitch about the schedule being too tough at this time.

1.at Wyoming W...will Odom have 'em ready?
2. West Virginia (No Grier) W...better be ready.
3. South Carolina W...glad this is home game.
4. Troy W
5. Ole Miss (Homecoming) W
6. at Vanderbilt W...gotta win on the road.
7. at Kentucky W...does UK still own us???
8. at Georgia L...darn road game.
9. Florida *W
10.Tennessee **W
11.at Arkansas in LR W

*I don't buy Mullen having the lizards clicking in year two. We creamed 'em last year. I'm hoping for 1' snow and cold.

**Only way we lose to tenny is by having significant injuries.

Maybe 2nd loss?...Ole Miss or UF will be a close heart-breaker that we should have won. It was USCe and UK last year. UK is in a rebuild.(quote)

These guys are 304 style.

Math is a problem In SEC...

[QUOTE:]
bigDgator
iconFlorida.gif

Florida Fan
Dallas
Member since Oct 2008
15892 posts
Predict Mizzou's 2019 Football RecordPosted on 1/25/19 at 10:22 am
uArw.png
dArw.png
Mizzou is my dark-horse to win the East. Everyone is talking Georgia and Florida, but their schedule sets up nicely.

2019 MIZZOU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

1.at Wyoming
2.West Virginia (No Will Grier)
3.South Carolina
4.Troy
5.Ole Miss (Homecoming)
6.at Vanderbilt
7.at Kentucky
8.at Georgia .
9.Florida
10.Tennessee
11.at Arkansas

They might be favored in every game but Georgia. They get the 2 worst teams in the West and also Florida, Tennessee and Carolina at home. Mizzou should have been a 10 win team in 2018 but for 2 crazy losses vs Carolina and Kentucky.

Look out for Mizzou in 2019!

Missouri fans are going to talk a big game.
But their team will be ready.
In Year 1 Neal Brown needs that game because Missouri might be ranked.

Similar to Texas' game against USC in 2016.
Looked like a totally different team in that game.

Even though they loss a lot of good came out of it.

What does this have to do with Misery not being able to count?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT